Windows 10: DVDs not detected.

Discus and support DVDs not detected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings all! Here's the trouble: havin a laptop Acer aspire, my DVD blu ray, is not detected when introducin it, nothin hapen, though the games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Johyn, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Johyn Win User

DVDs not detected.

Greetings all!

Here's the trouble: havin a laptop Acer aspire, my DVD blu ray, is not detected when introducin it, nothin hapen, though the games CDs are normally played. Tried to uninstall the drive and reboot, to no avail. Tried also diferent DVDs for the same no-detection.

Any help welcome.

:)

Johyn, Apr 30, 2016

2. DVD Player

HP Laptop less than 6 months old will not detect a DVD in the drive, either Blue Ray or not. It will not detect a Microsoft program DVD (Streets and Trips 2013) but it will detect and play a DVD-RW. Help!

ArnoldAnderson1, Apr 30, 2016
  3. How do I get the KB3081704 update if it does not update automatically? Windows 10

Many thanks for your response; dvd not detected in device manager. If I try to access dvd get dvd not detected.

Ran hardware & devices troubleshooter; tried again but responded with dvd not detected.

Am using a Compaq Presario tower pc and dvd was fine when running windows 7. Problem started after upgrade to windows 10. Hope you can help with further advice?

Gordon.

gordonburrage, Apr 30, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

DVDs not detected.

Cliff S, Apr 30, 2016
  5. Johyn Win User
    Thxs but I've already tried Fusionsoft DVD, VLC mediaplayer, DVDfab media, and now 5K player then, but it's always the same, no DVD to read. All of theirs 'sources' remains desperatly empty.

Johyn, Apr 30, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Dumb question maybe, but is your drive showing up in device manager(with no warnings about drivers)?

Cliff S, Apr 30, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, or looking at this from another point of view, is your issue lack of autoplay? If you plug in a USB disk or flash drive, do you get an autoplay notification? (This is an issue a number have experienced)

dalchina, Apr 30, 2016
  8. Johyn Win User

DVDs not detected.

Yep, functionin normally as it say...

Johyn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DVDs not detected.

1. DVDs not detected. - Similar Threads - DVDs detected

2. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reading some DVDs, not others: Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD...
  3. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reading some DVDs, not others: Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD...
  4. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  6. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  7. read errors when ripping dvds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read errors when ripping dvds: hello, lately, when i try to rip a purchased DVD to add to my plex library, i get a "there are read errors" message this happened when i bought the Mission Impossible tv series box set there are several DVDs where the error message appeared is this a disc issue or an issue...
  8. read errors when ripping dvds

read errors when ripping dvds: hello, lately, when i try to rip a purchased DVD to add to my plex library, i get a "there are read errors" message this happened when i bought the Mission Impossible tv series box set there are several DVDs where the error message appeared is this a disc issue or an issue...
  9. read errors when ripping dvds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs: My first problem is that Bill Gates racked up more frequent flyer miles to Little St. James than I did for Domino's loyalty points in college. My second problem is that Windows 11 is so poorly designed it won't even recognize a DVD inserted into the drive of a laptop that it...