Windows 10: DVI issue with LG Monitor

Discus and support DVI issue with LG Monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Greetings again. so to make it simple i made a thread not to long ago about a related display issue here > HDMI issues with LG Flatron M2294D ? and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DiBBz, Mar 1, 2017.

1. DiBBz Win User

DVI issue with LG Monitor

Greetings again. so to make it simple i made a thread not to long ago about a related display issue here > HDMI issues with LG Flatron M2294D ?

and was adviced that possibly getting a dvi cable would fix the issueim currently having with my VGA cable. long story short!

VGA cable is becoming a nuisance show static interference that is noticeable when the screen becomes darker. like vertical waves on the screen. depending on the cables position its either quite noticeable to look at or none existent.

so i have thus done some research and found my monitor accepts DVI-D dual link and the same goes with my graphics card. so ordered one of amazon. arrived today! annnddd... not appears to display when switching to the dvi mode

at first it was on power saving mode. turned on the PC that went away but it was just displaying blank. so at this point ive pretty much got the feeling im stuck with VGA until i get a new monitor!

its definitely not the PSU or the graphics card / motherboards fault.

anyone got advice on if this problem is even worth fixing ?

:)

DiBBz, Mar 1, 2017

2. HDMI-2 from brand new HP Pavilion 15-AB121DX Notebook w/Windows 10 and AMD Radeon R6 Grapics to LG 42LC7D Monitor Not Working

Hi,

I have tried many of the different suggestions, Compatibility mode, Troubleshooting, Restart, Driver Update, AMD Catalyst Control Center install, and still not working. In Connected Devises the computer recognizes the monitor "LG TV", and Screen Resolution
    allows for Mirroring and Extending and for switching from Mobile PC Display to LG TV but still no image on Monitor.

Background:

On HIDMI/DVI-1 port on monitor the computer won't even recognize the Monitor, only recognizes in HDMI-2 port.

On previous computer, I was using a DisplayLink software and hardware to stream from USB-3 port on computer to this same monitor to port HDMI/DVI-1 and worked with no problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

HeberthWirbiezcas, Mar 1, 2017
  3. 2nd Monitor stopped working today.. Windows 10, works fine in Ubuntu.

I have 2 LG IPS236V monitors that have been working fine until this morning... My right monitor does not work (Goes into DVI-D Power Saving Mode) when booting into Windows 10... When I restart and boot into Ubuntu it comes on fine.

I tried updating drivers.. Shutting down and re-seatin RAM and clearing CMOS by removing battery... Unplugged everything and replugged.. even different DVI cables.. Not sure what else to try..

Windows does not see the second monitor at all.

tophersymps, Mar 1, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Does the monitor automatically switch to DVI when a DVI cable is connected (and the VGA removed)? Some older dual port monitors required a manual setup to accept DVI.

Problem may not be the monitor but a problem with the DVI port in the video card. I would get (or borrow from a friend) another monitor to test.

fireberd, Mar 1, 2017
  5. DiBBz Win User
    my GT640 has 2 DVI ports ive tried both. and as far as im aware no it didn't automatically switch to the dvi mode on the monitor. pretty much all i done was shutdown PC unplug VGA and then plug in DVI and switch from VGA to dvi mode in the monitor.

in all honesty it could just be the monitor. its at this point its like 8-9 years old. i wouldnt have a doubt in a mind if it wasnt the monitor

DiBBz, Mar 1, 2017
  6. GT640 here with two DVI and one mini HDMI. I have an LG E2242 connected to the min HDMI with an HDMI to DVI adapter. My LG only has DVI and VGA in. As far as I know, mine auto detects which input is receiving a signal. I get a little popup on screen during boot up showing DVI. I have two I-INC AG191's on the two DVI ports. On the video card I think one is a DVI-D and the other DVI-I.

alphanumeric, Mar 1, 2017
  7. DiBBz Win User
    also id like to clarify that none of my mates have spare monitors to give for testing. and i highly doubt they they will lend a monitor.

i just dont get why it will only accept VGA. this monitor has served me well for nearing a decade now but with the slow and painful powering issue for the monitor. i might be ready to boot it and get a new monitor

DiBBz, Mar 1, 2017
  8. DVI issue with LG Monitor

Only thing I can think of is VGA is analog, and DVI is digital. It could be that the digital side of things has failed? Have you got a TV cable box etc with an HDMI out to test that monitor on? You'll need an HDMI to DVI adapter which are inexpensive.

alphanumeric, Mar 1, 2017
  9. DiBBz Win User
    i mean the only thing i can think of is the downstairs living room TV. has HDMI ports and is currently working fine considering its connected to sky box (basically a satellite TV player)

DiBBz, Mar 2, 2017
  10. These days a TV can be a monitor and a monitor used in place of a TV. When all that's being used is HDMI in. If it's not a smart TV the only difference is one has a remote and the other doesn't. I often wonder why I buy a TV? The tuner part is never used?
    The only thing you lose going HDMI to DVI is the sound part of the HDMI signal. No big deal if all your doing it testing to see if you get video or not.

alphanumeric, Mar 2, 2017
  11. DiBBz Win User
    indeed. this is a TV, but ive used it for so long for its only purpose being for the PC that i just ended up calling it a monitor for ease of use really *Biggrin

also i did try HDMI and it seemed to have worked fine. granted my crappy GT640 was trying to push 4k but was so god awfully laggy xD. but hey it worked! still a question to be asked tho is if the DVI-D cable works.. but i wont know that until i find a monitor to buy

DiBBz, Mar 3, 2017
  12. Ok, so you fed the GT640 HDMI to your TV and it worked? The only way to be sure the DVI cable works is to use it with a known good monitor and known good video card. They fail but its rare as far as I can tell. Usually its damage from trying to plug them in upside down or something?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DVI issue with LG Monitor - Similar Threads - DVI issue Monitor

2. DVI dual monitor connected no signal fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVI dual monitor connected no signal fix?: Hey, I have been trying for a couple days now to get this dual monitor setup working, I made sure both monitors work, which they do however when one is booted the other shows no signal, one is connected to vga and one is connected to dvi. When I connect the monitors through...
  3. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card: Hello I run a dual pc setup windows 10 x64. I have razer external capture card I use for streaming. Usually every other time I restart my gaming pc it will boot into hdmi connection instead of dvi port which will cause me to have too restart it again till I get my gaming...
  4. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card: Hello I run a dual pc setup windows 10 x64. I have razer external capture card I use for streaming. Usually every other time I restart my gaming pc it will boot into hdmi connection instead of dvi port which will cause me to have too restart it again till I get my gaming...
  5. LG DVD ISSUES

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LG DVD ISSUES: I have a LG Ultra Slim Portable DVD Writer, GP60NB50, used to work fine 2 weeks ago. Now it's saying that windows 10 doesn't support blue ray, dvd player. I've reinstalled the Cyberlink software that came with the device. Still no good. What can I do to get this dvd unit...
  6. Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change: Hi Hope this is right place to post. I'm having a issue with the LG ips led 27mp59ht monitor. I can't change display resolution. It's stuck on 1280 x 1024 stretched wide even though within the pc the display is changed to 1920 x 1080. Each time I reboot the pc the monitor...
  7. Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change: Hi Hope this is right place to post. I'm having a issue with the LG ips led 27mp59ht monitor. I can't change display resolution. It's stuck on 1280 x 1024 stretched wide even though within the pc the display is changed to 1920 x 1080. Each time I reboot the pc the monitor...
  8. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI: I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I connect it to my dell xps 15 9550 via hdmi to hdmi cable with no issue. I previously had an asus monitor that stopped working...
  9. LG Ultra HD Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LG Ultra HD Monitor: I have two LG Ultra HD Monitor connected to NVIDAI GeForce GTS 1070 Ti Graphics card. I also have an LG Ultra HD monitor. I have all three monitors running off of my graphic card. One of my LG Ultra HD Monitors has all of the sudden started to flash on and off. When it is...
  10. 120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?

120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?: Hey there, my old 2nd monitor is about to die (see: Solved Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ... - Windows 10 Forums) so i got a replacement. Now i figured thats this monitor is able to run 120hz and i sure as hell wanna use that. *Smile But i remember i did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flatron win 10 vga works but dvi not