Windows 10: Dwm.Exe error prevents windows from starting

Discus and support Dwm.Exe error prevents windows from starting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the most recent Windows 10 update, I am unable to start up. I receive the error message Dam.Exe application error. I click OK and the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Windscape, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Windscape Win User

Dwm.Exe error prevents windows from starting

After the most recent Windows 10 update, I am unable to start up. I receive the error message
    Dam.Exe application error. I click OK and the computer is stuck on a gray screen. Nothing works.

:)

Windscape, Jan 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 dwm.exe errors

I am getting several dwm.exe errors during the course of the day. The computer does not crash or blue screen, I just see this error logged usually once or twice daily. This all seemed to start happening after the November update. I have run check disk, sfc
    /scannow, and check health command, all of which come back with no errors.

So should I be worried about this and is there a fix?? Thanks!!

Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.10586.0, time stamp: 0x5632d756

Faulting module name: combase.dll, version: 10.0.10586.0, time stamp: 0x5632d3ca

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000067e5c

Faulting process id: 0x1874

Faulting application start time: 0x01d12d98bf1dbbaf

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\dwm.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\combase.dll

Report Id: 062699e7-8a77-44fa-8224-3d00f8e675e2

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

kilroy2963, Jan 26, 2016
  3. how to prevent dwm.exe from not working IN WINDOWS 10

DWM is critical. You don't want to stop it. You also don't want it to fail. How is it failing for you and ... why? What are the crash details? What version of Windows 10 are you using?

zachd [MSFT], Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

Dwm.Exe error prevents windows from starting

1. Dwm.Exe error prevents windows from starting - Similar Threads - Dwm Exe error

2. Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error: Hello technical team,I have encountered an issue as follows: The exe application I developed, when used with Windows 10 for a while, cannot be opened anymore. When I checked the Event Viewer, I saw an Application Error with KERNELBASE.dll. The detailed error is as follows:...
  3. wsappx preventing windows from starting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsappx preventing windows from starting: Problem: When wsappx is running at startup Windows 10 does not start properly. After log in, the wait icon is displayed on the screen and the start bar flickers on and off. Does anyone have any recommendations? I do use MS store, specifically for the XBox Gamepass, with...
  4. How to prevent windows from starting unmounted drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent windows from starting unmounted drive?: I have a dualboot desktop computer with 2 SDDs and one HDD, one of the SDDs is for Windows 10, the other one for Debian Linux.The HDD is used solely for Linux and all partitions are formatted for ext4. But Windows briefly starts this HDD at least once per hour.Is there a way...
  5. dwm exe taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  6. DWM + Xbox Series X Controlller prevents display from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DWM + Xbox Series X Controlller prevents display from sleep: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.804 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Xbox Controller Driver Version: 10.0.19041.610 As soon as you connect the Xbox Series X Controller and do one single input from it, the windows idle system is...
  7. DWM EXE high memory, anyone know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DWM EXE high memory, anyone know how to fix it: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/u7m40go4z8b61.png?width=666&format=png&auto=webp&s=a54ff7e9c58e02b4417c2abc2d4682e8e03c2e36 submitted by /u/mr_griffon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx0o1w/dwm_exe_high_memory_anyone_know_how_to_fix_it/
  8. Prevent EXE files from changing the Proxy settings in Windows 10

Prevent EXE files from changing the Proxy settings in Windows 10: I tried to enable this option in GPO Prevent Changing Proxy Settings and it does effect like this which user cannot alter the proxy server settings by himself directly checking boxes but when using a Psiphon 3 VPN application after connection the proxy settings are changed...
  9. A Problem is preventing Troubleshooter from starting . . .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Problem is preventing Troubleshooter from starting . . .: Yesterday I got an abrupt warning that my network troubleshooter was being prevented from running. Further investigation revealed the suggestion that my network administrator had blocked its use. When I logged into my MS account I was given a new option of my Personal Account...
  10. windows dwm

windows dwm: What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dwm/eb8ca886-88f6-4386-be74-211450a060df