Windows 10: Dx8 games have issues ?

Discus and support Dx8 games have issues ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Greetings. I have just bought the complete (except the newest one) Tom Clancy series of FPS-games from Humble Bundle for 10$*Smile But all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Burgurne, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

Dx8 games have issues ?

Greetings.
    I have just bought the complete (except the newest one) Tom Clancy series of FPS-games from Humble Bundle for 10$*Smile

But all of the older of the games (dx8.xx) flickers a lot when in full screen. Also V-sync does not work in these games. No matter what I change in Nvidia's game profile works. V-sync, FSAA aso is not changing anything.

I did manage to get one of these oldies to start in a window (don't know how I did it *Redface), and then it runs fine without flicker, but V-sync aso does not work there either. Because of fps well over 500, my GTX980Ti suffer of coil-whine *Sad

Is there a way to get these old games to work in Windows 10?

NB: The games with dx9 and newer works just fine.

:)

Burgurne, Sep 4, 2015

2. DirectDraw emulation still broken in Windows 10

if it's that old it may be DX7 or DX8, those games are hit and miss to work

BLACK DAHLIA came out in 1998 and it does not work right either

Hardcore Games™, Sep 4, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    tw pga tour 2008

"I have tried some of the work arounds to no success." ...

Is a self defeating statement. Full details required. We also need you to be specific.

- If you are still using files from before changing to Win10, such as configuration/settings, you may need

to delete them. Saves should generally be OK, but I would also leave them out until verified the game is

running.

- I don't know what TW-PGA '08 uses, but TW-PGA '06 used SafeDisk. 'O8 may be a bit late for SafeDisk though.

If you are using a disk based version of the game, have a read of my post regarding the DRM Blocking MS

security 'feature' at
    -- this thread --

- There is another fairly common DRM issue that could affect this game. Some versions of several DRM

do not recognise a 64bit OS. Some versions of StartForce, Tages and SecuROM were affected by this.

Some games had patches released at later dates that removed the DRM, but these are rare.

- In any DRM related issue a noCD fix/hack is the most common cure.

- In your previous thread there was a post that suggested DX8 as the fix.

TW-PGA Tour '08 is a DX9 game. It was released in '07. DX8 was dead for several years by this point, and

DX10 effects were starting to come out.

If the issue were to do with DX there should be a folder on the games disk with a DX9 installer.

Older games that used DX8 would also have an installer in a sub-folder on the disk.

- But if your issue were DX9 >11 related I would use the DirectX Web Installer, or the newer

Full DX installer ( June 2010 ) as it has all the same old DX files as well as some newer files that the

old DX9.0c installer would not.

The Web Installer installs any 'missing' DX files from DX9 > 11. This is a quick way to verify your Windows

has all available DX files.

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

In the event of a corrupt DX file the full installer is the go as this overwrites all DX files.

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - DirectX Redist (June 2010)

"Why doesn't EA make an updated version for windows 10."

No $$$ in it. It's just a few months shy of ten years since release, and they are busy with

a new version every year.

BossDweeb, Sep 4, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Dx8 games have issues ?

DirectX 9 should be backwards compatible to use for older games that require DirectX 8, do not think using it in Windows 10 or 8.1 would be good at all. Some older games may work in compatibility mode right click .exe file select within. Matters how old of a game we are talking about.

jds63, Sep 4, 2015
  5. Burgurne Win User
    What a shame. I will have to play them in windowed mode then. :-(

Burgurne, Sep 4, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    I am not sure if may work with DirectX 9c those particular games you bought, it matters if have it already, Directx 9c on the system already. If you don't this is it, if you do will only update them. Good luck, let me know.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

jds63, Sep 4, 2015
  7. This has been a problem since they messed up DX9 around build 10130. I've just about given up on them fixing it, and you pretty much are forced to play older games in windowed mode.

I've literally tried just about everything to force the games to display full-screen without the weird phase issue, and nothing works except hacking it into a windowed full-screen mode. That pseudo-fix only works sometimes though. It's pretty freaking annoying.

SylenThunder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dx8 games have issues ?

1. Dx8 games have issues ? - Similar Threads - Dx8 games issues

2. I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.: After about 5 minutes of gameplay the game freezes and I have a full system crash then the pc reboots. It started happening out of the blue. I was playing the division 2 for a few hours when it first happened and now it's happening every time I try. I switched to directx 11...
  3. I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.: After about 5 minutes of gameplay the game freezes and I have a full system crash then the pc reboots. It started happening out of the blue. I was playing the division 2 for a few hours when it first happened and now it's happening every time I try. I switched to directx 11...
  4. Often having issues with crashing in games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Often having issues with crashing in games.: Since building this new rig I've had nothing but issues with games crashing to desktop and I don't know what's causing it. I've swapped out multiple GPUs and tested all the ram sticks individually and all together. Stress testing never results in a crash since I've tried and...
  5. Often having issues with crashing in games.

Often having issues with crashing in games.: Since building this new rig I've had nothing but issues with games crashing to desktop and I don't know what's causing it. I've swapped out multiple GPUs and tested all the ram sticks individually and all together. Stress testing never results in a crash since I've tried and...
  6. im having issues games crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im having issues games crashing: hello im having a issue with every game i run on my pc it crashes my gpu drivers are up to date same with my bios i have cleaned installed windows etc etc and its just not fixing the issue i have done sfc /scannow with the command promot and checked disk drivers and im not...
  7. im having issues games crashing

im having issues games crashing: hello im having a issue with every game i run on my pc it crashes my gpu drivers are up to date same with my bios i have cleaned installed windows etc etc and its just not fixing the issue i have done sfc /scannow with the command promot and checked disk drivers and im not...
  8. Xbox pc games having issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox pc games having issue: When i play games after downloading from xbox pc .. the game work for while and pc gets restart. When i play games from steams and other platforms. No issue found and pc works well. There is major bugs with xbox pc...
  9. Having issues with Gaming performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having issues with Gaming performance: I have Windows 10 Pro on my system. I'm the main user and created another user. The gaming performance on the second user account is horrible with games getting lots of lag and has lots of glitches. I ran the same games on my profile and they run smoothly without said issues...
  10. Hello, i'm having an issue with downloading games.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hello, i'm having an issue with downloading games.: In the Microsoft store it will only give me the option to download on my SSD and my not my HD. How can i fix this!!! please help. In steam and other apps it has no issues....