Windows 10: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Discus and support DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why does this error not occur with Prepar3d v2? Only sure it occurs on Prepar3d v4.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jim Baughman, Jul 8, 2018.

1. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Why does this error not occur with Prepar3d v2?

Only sure it occurs on Prepar3d v4.

:)

Jim Baughman, Jul 8, 2018

2. "Application has been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware" and DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED when in game

I trouble shooted the game and here is what I found...

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED,

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG,

0x00000001 - UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI.

Nicegamertag, Jul 8, 2018
  3. mpguchii Win User
    Many Directx Problems

Hy, in some days my win 10 is giving me many directx errors on playng some games like GTA V, NFS, FIFA 18 and PUBG.
    The erros is dxgi_error_device_hung and dxgi_error_device_removed.
    I used ddu to remove and unnistall nvidia drivers and roolback to some old drivers, but not work.
    Tryied to remove oc from processor and card.
    My system is a Ryzen 5 1600X OCed 4.0 Ghz, 2x8GB Corsair LPX DDR4 2400Mhz and a MSI GTX 1050Ti OC .

mpguchii, Jul 8, 2018
  4. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Artifacts on brand new 6950

And 3dMark crashed, funnily enough. Here's the error message, though it looks more like a software issue: Workload work failed with error message: eva::d3d11::rendering::scene_renderer::render(): draw_unshadowed_illumination_task for thread 0: File: device_context.cpp
    Line: 515
    Function: struct ID3D11CommandList *__cdecl eva::d3d11::deferred_device_context::do_finish_command_list(bool)

Expression: native()->FinishCommandList( restore_deferred_context_state, &result): DX11 call failed.

Device hung due to badly formed commands.
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: ID3D11DeviceContext::FinishCommandList:

It had similar artifacts though, grey-ish squiggly lines. It's a shame, but I guess I'll have to return the card. If only I knew what had happened to it...

Anyway, many thanks for the replies!

somedude45, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

1. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG - Similar Threads - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

2. DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG "The GPU will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG "The GPU will...: My laptop is a Gygabyte G5 MF whit a 4050 RTX, Intel Core i5 12th generation and 16gb ramWhen im playing need for speed unbound the game crashes and this message appears: DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG "The GPU will not respond to...
  3. DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG "The GPU will...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG "The GPU will...: My laptop is a Gygabyte G5 MF whit a 4050 RTX, Intel Core i5 12th generation and 16gb ramWhen im playing need for speed unbound the game crashes and this message appears: DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG "The GPU will not respond to...
  4. Varying Game Errors and Crashes - Memory Corruption Large / DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / d3d...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Varying Game Errors and Crashes - Memory Corruption Large / DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / d3d...: System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 3/29/2023, 20:12:59 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 19045 19041.vb_release.191206-1406 BIOS: 4602 type: UEFI Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 24 CPUs, ~3.8GHzMotherboard: ASUS TUF...
  5. Varying Game Errors and Crashes - Memory Corruption Large / DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / d3d...

Varying Game Errors and Crashes - Memory Corruption Large / DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / d3d...: System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 3/29/2023, 20:12:59 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 19045 19041.vb_release.191206-1406 BIOS: 4602 type: UEFI Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 24 CPUs, ~3.8GHzMotherboard: ASUS TUF...
  6. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG need for speed 2015 PLSSS HELP MEE :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG need for speed 2015 PLSSS HELP MEE :: Error: This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing. try installing the lastest driver DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNGGame: Need for speed 2015 I can't play even 5 minutes because an error pops up and a restart is always necessary, I updated windows, graphics drivers...
  7. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG need for speed 2015 PLSSS HELP MEE :

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG need for speed 2015 PLSSS HELP MEE :: Error: This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing. try installing the lastest driver DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNGGame: Need for speed 2015 I can't play even 5 minutes because an error pops up and a restart is always necessary, I updated windows, graphics drivers...
  8. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Does anybody know how I can fix this error. It pops up a lot when playing Football Manager tried 2 different versions It also seems to crash other games. I've reinstalled the latest graphics driver manually and had it remove any older drivers. Windows is fully updated. Ran a...
  9. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Error: I keep recieving the error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG I tried multiple times to fix it myself but nothing worked so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgierrordevicehung-error/6bd15afd-459d-489a-8892-ba91e53e1715