Windows 10: Dynamic disk created in error...how to remove

Discus and support Dynamic disk created in error...how to remove in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Somehow unintentionally I created a dynamic disk partition on what was my boot drive but is now intended to be my documents and pictures folder drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by trinaz, Dec 24, 2015.

1. trinaz Win User

Dynamic disk created in error...how to remove

Somehow unintentionally I created a dynamic disk partition on what was my boot drive but is now intended to be my documents and pictures folder drive.

How do I get rid of the first dynamic partition and change it to a normal partition to store my 'Documents" & "Pictures" folders for the new Win 10 Pro drive C:

Windows (Drive C ) is running fine.

trying to set the default location for Pictures and Documents to the original (C) now drive (D)...want only 2 partitions when fixed - "Documents" and "Pictures"

Thanks...TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Dec 24, 2015
  2. 'Mike P Win User
    'Mike P, Dec 24, 2015
  3. cjlars Win User
    Missing hard drive on Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Thanks, for the information. However, I already understand how to convert back to a basic disk. My problem is that I have data on the dynamic disk I need to remove. They are backup files from Windows 7 before I upgraded to Windows 10. For a reason I
    don't understand, Windows 10 doesn't see the dynamic disk. Windows 7 did. I assume Windows 10 will see the disk once I convert to basic. However, I'm not certain of that. Nevertheless, I need to restore the backup files before converting the dynamic disk
    to basic.

What now? How do I retrieve my backup files before converting the disk to basic?

cjlars, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Tim, *Smile

If you like, you may be able to use OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to convert the disk from dynamic to basic again without losing anything. I would recommend to backup anything you don't want to lose on that disk to be extra sage though.

Convert a Dynamic Disk to a Basic Disk - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Dynamic disk created in error...how to remove - Similar Threads - Dynamic disk created

2. Error: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" after converting my disk to dynamic disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" after converting my disk to dynamic disk.: Hello, I have a problem on my laptop.I converted my disk from basic to dynamic disk because I wanted to add more than 4 partitions, as usual, to store large data. When Windows was still booting and I hadn't restarted it, my laptop experienced quite serious lag until the USB...
  3. Unallocated on Dynamic disk !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated on Dynamic disk !: Hey everyone , I have a laptop with a Windows 10 installed on an SSD [:C] and I've extra SSD slot with another 1 TB SSD [:E] installed into it . I've recently installed dual boot Ubuntu on on my [:E] disk by first unallocating 500 GB for the installation , after...
  4. Allocating free disk space without creating dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Allocating free disk space without creating dynamic disk: Hi, I bought a new larger HDD and have cloned my original drive, which I intend to format and use elsewhere. The new drive has a boot partion C with Windows on it, as well as 1 TB of unallocated space. I want to create a new partition with that space, but when I attempt to...
  5. My disk is Dynamic!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My disk is Dynamic!: Can you tell me how to change Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk without losing data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-is-dynamic/2f5fac23-d9d7-4288-a225-3b6ba936a6c5
  6. Invalid Dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid Dynamic disk: I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid". so what should I do ?...
  7. Disk Management and Dynamic Disk

Disk Management and Dynamic Disk: Hi, I'm a windows 10 user. While I was partitioning my disk using disk management tool, I've seen that I have created three F: drives. Is there any way to combine all three drives together?[ATTACH]...
  8. Extend partition creating dynamic disk - problem for image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Extend partition creating dynamic disk - problem for image backup?: I have an SSD for my system and a regular (1TB) disk for data. I have a partition on the regular disk for an image backup but when I tried to create a new image backup for 1903, it says I need more room. I shrank the D partition and tried to extend the image backup partition....
  9. Can't create simple volume on dynamic disk

Can't create simple volume on dynamic disk: Hello I have a dynamic disk (converted from a basic disk) with about 100gb of allocated space. I try to create a simple volume out of the entirety of it (via disk management) but immediately after press "finish" on the New Simple Volume Wizard, an error message shows saying...
  10. Partition Change created a Dynamic Disk from a Basic Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Change created a Dynamic Disk from a Basic Disk: [Apologies if I have posed this in the wrong place; thanks for moving it if necessary!] - Good morning Folks! *Smile I thought this would be simple: 1TB HDD with Two 500GB Partitions E: & Z:. Having available space in E: and needing more in Z: I performed a "Shrink" on...