Windows 10: dynamic mic & audio interface not working with pc, windows 10

Discus and support dynamic mic & audio interface not working with pc, windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have purchased a Behringer UMC22 USB audio interface, a Behringer XM8500 Dynamic microphone, connected them via XLR, and connected the UMC22 to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ciaran45, Jul 14, 2018.

1. ciaran45 Win User

dynamic mic & audio interface not working with pc, windows 10

I have purchased a Behringer UMC22 USB audio interface, a Behringer XM8500 Dynamic microphone, connected them via XLR, and connected the UMC22 to my computer via USB 2. In my playback devices on Windows 10 the device is recognised as "speakers", and I can not seem to find a way to record audio with it, even though it is set as the Default Audio Device. Any advice?

:)

ciaran45, Jul 14, 2018
  2. vindows Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Jul 14, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jul 14, 2018
  4. dynamic mic & audio interface not working with pc, windows 10

my head phone mic is not working in window 10

Hello Jaxon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that your headphone mic is not working in Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query.

This issue might be occurring because the microphone might not be set as a default device or there might be any error in settings also. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Recording Audio troubleshooter

The built-in recording audio troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with headphone or microphone. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any
    issue with the microphone. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
              view all option on the left pane

• Click on Recoding Audio troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Recording Audio troubleshooter do not fix the
    issue then I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to set the microphone as a default device:

• Right click on the “Sound icon” on the bottom right of the desktop screen

• Click on “Sounds”, click on “Recording

• Right click on “Microphone” and then click on “Set as default device

• Click on “Apply” and then “OK

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

dynamic mic & audio interface not working with pc, windows 10

1. dynamic mic & audio interface not working with pc, windows 10 - Similar Threads - dynamic mic audio

2. Why won't my audio interface work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my audio interface work?: I have a custom built tower computer and im trying to run my XLR microphone through an audio interface. However my computer wont detect my audio interface which is a USB device. I've already tried running through the settings and disconnecting and reconnecting the device...
  3. New audio interface, some apps not receiving mic signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New audio interface, some apps not receiving mic signal: I'm stumped on this one, any help would be appreciated. Recently upgraded from a Mackie Onyx Artist 1-2 to a Tascam Series 102i audio interface, I use an Audio Technica AT2020 mic. Everything seemed great when I made the switch; my mic gain levels were way better on Discord...
  4. Windows 10 Bluetooth Audio Not Working When MIC is Active

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Audio Not Working When MIC is Active: So I've been having this issue on Windows 10 since forever, I have a bluetooth headset and whenever its mic is in use from an app, I lose audio on the headset. Basically, the mic and audio don't work simultaneously, its either one and I can't figure out why. Windows...
  5. USB interface (audio mixer) can't hear desktop audio, only mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB interface (audio mixer) can't hear desktop audio, only mic: I have other audio interfaces, but this one is new, and it doesn't work right! What am I doing wrong? It's basically Mixer, to USB, and I plug my headphones and mic into the mixer. I can hear my voice, but for instance, if I watch a video/listen to a song, I can't hear...
  6. Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface

Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface: Hi everyone Im an amateur musician composer (I do have a day job in architecture). I've joined this group because I'm having major problems with my music setup after building a new pc for using VSTi virtual instruments / orchestral sample sets. I use a firewire audio...
  7. Mic not working through Saffire interface.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic not working through Saffire interface.: Hey, I've got my Liquid Saffire 56 preamp set up and working to my PC with midi/ Audio is working fine. I've connected a mic and The Saffire mix control software is showing its receiving audio from the levels, but windows is not. Tried to configure/setup new mic from the...
  8. Windows 1903 not working with audio interface (Mic input VERY low) Behringer UMC204HD

Windows 1903 not working with audio interface (Mic input VERY low) Behringer UMC204HD: I have an issue win windows with Behringer UMC204HD audio interface. The Mic input is very low in windows. I have a Behringer UMC22 that works fine and has loud Mic volume. I have tried 1. Buying secondary UMC204HD 2. Checking options are selected properly. Phantom...
  9. New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    New mic is not working on Windows 10 PC: I’ve purchased a Blue Snowball iCE mic but it is not working. I did every troubleshooting step I have been able to find with no effect. The drivers are reinstalled, set on my Microphone Privacy Settings, tried it on another Windows 10 PC and it is still not working. Is there...
  10. Windows audio/ interface issue

Windows audio/ interface issue: I use my pc as a DAW Studio. I have a Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB audio interface. It works very well with all things audio on my pc - until Friday. I installed Sonarworks room calibration software to finish flattening my room acoustics out. This explanation is lengthy...