Windows 10: Dynamic QoS killing first modem/router

Discus and support Dynamic QoS killing first modem/router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my room mates has his own router/modem and im plugged into port 2 or 1 with my nighthawk which as all my devices plugged into it. he keeps blaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by l3izz, May 30, 2018.

1. l3izz Win User

Dynamic QoS killing first modem/router

So my room mates has his own router/modem and im plugged into port 2 or 1 with my nighthawk which as all my devices plugged into it. he keeps blaming how my router is messing up his. how can that be? the only thing i turned on this week was Dynamic QoS for my router in my room. Would QoS cause a problem to the main router and modem?

:)

l3izz, May 30, 2018
  2. ShajjuAC Win User

phone cannot see setup page of modem/router so no internet access

Hi

I changed my modem/router from Huawei to Linksys WAG320N recently. My lumia 920 says it's connected to my wifi but will not display any web pages. A search on the internet asked to check if the phone can see the new modem/router but typing in 192.168.1.1 for
    the setup page of the modem/router. When I type in the IP address mentioned above, the phone always shows the setup page of my old modem/router and that's where I think the problem is. I've tried restarting my phone as well as done a soft reset. Not tried
    a hard reset yet. Just wanted to exhaust all my options first. I need to refresh the page stored on my phone for when I type in 192.168.1.1. Any suggestions?

Regards

Shajju

ShajjuAC, May 30, 2018
  3. Wifi Router (w/ modem) wont allow any apps to work(like cloud print,superbeam,wifi go)

Hi Anurag,

Thank you for the update.

You may want to reset the modem and check.

In some instances, the IP settings or network configuration that you receive from your Internet service provider (ISP) might be incorrect or need updating. Sometimes, the connection between the modem and the ISP might experience problems. To update the settings
    on the modem or the router, reset (restart) the modem. This creates a fresh connection to the ISP. Use one of the following methods to reset the modem, following the steps for your modem type.

To reset an external modem

• Disconnect the cable that connects your computer or router to the modem. This can be either a USB cable or an Ethernet cable.

• Turn off the modem using the power switch on the front or back of the modem. If the modem doesn't have a power switch, disconnect the power cord from the back of the modem, or unplug it from the wall.

Note: Some modems have a backup battery that prevents the lights from going out. For this type of modem, press and quickly release the Reset button. If you don’t see a Reset button, remove the battery instead.

• Wait several minutes, and then turn on the modem and reconnect the cable from the computer or the router to the modem.

• Restart the computer.

• Test your connection to see whether you can access the apps.

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Dynamic QoS killing first modem/router

1. Dynamic QoS killing first modem/router - Similar Threads - Dynamic QoS killing

2. Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo: i need immediate assistance trying to get my my ethernet cable to work on my computer it doesnt connect at all and i have XTREME mediacom high speed internet. i tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers and it isnt working. any forward knowledge on troubleshooting...
  3. Use modem/router combo as router only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use modem/router combo as router only: I purchased an Arris SURFboard SBG6700-AC (modem/wifi combo) several years ago. I moved to another city with a different ISP. The cable guy could not get this to communicate with his cable system. There is an 80-year-old woman (neighbor) who has internet but no wifi. I bought...
  4. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router: I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports. With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router...
  5. Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Cable Modem/router + Personal router: My cable company provides a box that is a modem & router. I also use my own router attached to the cable modem. I have done nothing to the cable box except attach a cable from my router to it. Do I need to "Bridge" the cable router or can I use the WiFi from it along with the...
  6. Recognizing new modem/router combination

Recognizing new modem/router combination: I recently changed out my separate modem and router to a Netgear C6300 modem/router combination. I have 2 desktop units that are hard wired to this new unit. Every device is fine and updated except one of my desktop units. It connects to the internet, but does not connect...
  7. Panoramic TG1682G Modem/Router Combo

Panoramic TG1682G Modem/Router Combo: I had to set up my own internet line and my ISP gave me one of these combos. I hate using combos. I have a Linksys WRT1900AC Router that I want to use. How would I go about using that, instead of the built in Router? Do I need to disable DHCP Server, or just take the check...
  8. Nightly reset for modem and router.

Nightly reset for modem and router.: Is it ok to do nightly resets on my router and modem? Im making "network closet" which will hold my Nighthawk x6 and surfboard modem. I never thought about resetting them on a nightly basic tell now. this way i can flush them fresh every morning. or is this pointless? 89858
  9. Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Modem/Router

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Modem/Router: Am considering changing ISP from DSL to cable/broadband. Anyone have any experience with one of these or can offer a "better" alternative: https://www.netgear.com/home/product...x#tab-features Change may or may not happen. I still have some questions for the potential...
  10. Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router: Good evening. This may be a simple problem, but I'm not good at troubleshooting by text *Smile My friend was looking for a net modem so I suggested she get the Motorola MG7310 modem/router combo. She originally had a Time Warner modem. She is currently on the 30Mb...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 dynamic qos