Windows 10: E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010)

Discus and support E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; At work, I am trying to send some e-mails in Outlook 2010 but they're getting stuck in the Outbox folder (and the recipients are not receiving them).... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by King Mustard, Jan 16, 2018.

1. E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010)

At work, I am trying to send some e-mails in Outlook 2010 but they're getting stuck in the Outbox folder (and the recipients are not receiving them).

Outlook shows:

Outbox [4]

When I open the Outbox folder, no e-mails are inside.

The Outbox folder shows, "There are no items to show in this view."

Any ideas?

:)

King Mustard, Jan 16, 2018

2. E75 Sent Email Missing

Hi there...I hope nobody will be mad for activating this old post.Thing is I have same issue. I understand why it happens but don't know how to deal with it.When ever I have mail on mine provider’s server, all mail boxes (sent,
    outbox, drafts) are visible on E75.If I download all e-mails from that inbox from the main server I empty it by automatically deleting messages from that inbox after they are received with main personal computer. So it is standard POP mail. What
    happens with E75 is that it will sync with inbox, it will se there are no messages in the inbox, and it will delete all received mails downloaded on the phone. That is something I don't understand how to change, and how can that be normal behavior? When E75
    empties it’s own inbox (inbox folder on the phone) then all the folders like sent items, outbox etc are not visible and I can't reach them.
    Again when I receive email to inbox on the phone then I see all the folders again with all sent items and other mail folders. How to change behavior of the E75 to act like standard basic e-mail client like Outlook express
    that downloads messages to phone, but leaves copy on main server like it does now, and keep all downloaded messages in the phone until I delete them?
    Or how to get access to all mail folders (sent, outbox, drafts) when e75 e-mail inbox is empty?

Thx for any help.

mihathenoob, Jan 16, 2018
  3. omnia2xr Win User
    Active sync folders different than added e-mail account?

So when a mobile e-mail account is used to send and recieve e-mail the files (inbox, outbox) will not actually sync with my outlook on my device or my via active sync. I am really only pulling old e-mails and contact info from my desktop and not really
    able to sync ALL the inbox and outbox folders.

omnia2xr, Jan 16, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010)

Hi there

1) is your OUTBOUND mail server configured correctly

2) are you connected to the Internet -- not just a Work INTRANET

3) does work stop you sending emails to "outside users".

Usually it's Internet connection (or lack of one) that raises this type of error.

Note your OUTBOUND mail server from work must be the Work (usually exchange type) server --not the account you use at home.

Most ISP's who have mail servers won't let you use things like outlook directly when you aren't at home connected to your ISP. You can probably use some sort of hideous web type email client / program if your work i.t people don't want to play ball. Most ISP's have some usually ad riddled slow browser email client when away from your home ISP.

You still need a proper Internet connection -- if Work won't give you one you can usually create an access point using a smart phone though. If they have separate GUEST ID system away from their main network you'll have to use that - but you probably won't be able to use the Work mail server.

I should have a little chat with the I.T section --usually it's just a proxy that needs to be set properly.

For a small fee you can use things like authsmpt for sending emails via outlook = you'll still need a proper Internet connection though.

Outgoing authenticated SMTP server and email relay service (solves most SMTP and email relay errors).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 16, 2018
  5. Any chance you have two version of Outlook on your machine? When I had 2010 and 2013 I had issue like this only it happen in Outlook 2013.

I uninstalled the second version, in my case 2010, and the issue disappeared.

By the way when did this issue start. There were a large number of 2010 patches. You will likely see them in your update history. Check the dates when they were installed and when you issue started.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 17, 2018
  6. 1) When I add the account e-mail address and password, Outlook automatically configures the rest by gathering data from the network

2) Definitely connected to the Internet

3) Work doesn't stop it and they said there are no issues on their end (collegues are having no issues)

I am in contact with I.T. (it takes a week or two, generally) but this issue occurs every few months so I was just doing some background research, in case I can fix it myself in the future.

Only office 2010 is installed.

This issue occurs every few months. Whilst I.T. eventually sort it on their end (could be a permissions issue, I guess?), I was just doing some background research, in case I can fix it myself in the future.

King Mustard, Jan 18, 2018
  7. lx07 Win User
  8. E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010)

I don't see exactly what they're explaining on that website.

When I go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings... > Change..., I get the following:

E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010) [​IMG]

If I click on More Settings..., I get:

E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010) [​IMG]

I can't find anywhere to alter the SMTP outgoing port number.

9. lx07 Win User
    You need to select your account within Outlook 2010 so go to Outlook> Account Settings > Change > More > Advanced.

These pictures looks clearer perhaps Outlook 2010 authenticated SMTP server (default SMTP port 25) setup

If not I'll install it and check for you but that would take a few hours. I use Office 2016 at the moment but I certainly had to change 25 to 587 in the past for this problem when I was using Office 2010.

10. On that website, when they click 'Account Settings', only 'Accounts Settings...' appears.

However, I get:

• Account Settings...
    • Delegate Access
    • Download Address Book...
    • Manage Mobile Notifications

On the Account Settings dialogue, they have the account type as 'IMAP/SMTP' whereas mine shows 'Microsoft Exchange'.

Maybe this is why I can't find anywhere to change the SMTP server port.

11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

as @Ix07 says you need to configure OUTLOOK itself -- I've got outlook 2010 on a VM and tested. (Still good to have things like VM's for testing different versions of software etc. !!!)

on the configuration (create new account) choose manual setup

then enter YOUR ISP's MAIL servers / account names etc -- I prefer also IMAP as you can then easily see email on phones / tablets as well.

You'll probably still have the same OUTBOUND server problem as a lot of ISP's won't allow you to SEND email from the wider internet without using a hideous browser web based solution. This is usually to prevent spambots etc.

You can use a service like authsmtp for outbound email when on the Internet and away from home -- it's cheap enough if you prefer Outlook type of email clients. Decent documentation too.

Reading (inbound email) presents no problems wherever you are from whatever ISP you have, Things like gmail might work too - but you need to look at their documentation.

I wouldn't for private email use the work servers -- the problem with work servers is that the email address will be something like L: youraccount@yourwork.com and I think you want to use your own email address, Also depending on the nature of emails - some work places get a bit funny with loads of email from "non work related" stuff.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 18, 2018
  12. It's a work e-mail account, on a work PC, on a work network; I have no idea which ISP they use etc.

I usually just enter the e-mail address and password and it starts working.

13. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    @King Mustard

If it's a work one then it should work 100% -- I'm not sure how your work I.T dept works but I'd just create a ticket and submit it. You'll probably have the problem fixed within the hour as email is usually important within a business. When you start outlook from a works computer for the first time (at least in my experience and I've been at hundreds of clients over the years) it usually automatically configures.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010) - Similar Threads - mails showing Outbox

2. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  3. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  4. Help me clear a "folder" not an e-mail from the Windows Mail Outbox!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me clear a "folder" not an e-mail from the Windows Mail Outbox!: This has to do with the list of folders on the left side of the screen in Windows Mail. I wanted to move one of my folders up to put in alphabetical order. But somehow it ended up INSIDE the default Outbox folder. Now I can't remove it. It doesn't respond to select or right...
  5. Help me clear a "folder" not an e-mail from the Windows Mail Outbox!

Help me clear a "folder" not an e-mail from the Windows Mail Outbox!: This has to do with the list of folders on the left side of the screen in Windows Mail. I wanted to move one of my folders up to put in alphabetical order. But somehow it ended up INSIDE the default Outbox folder. Now I can't remove it. It doesn't respond to select or right...
  6. Outlook e-mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  7. Outlook e-mails

Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  8. Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders: My mum used a Sky email address (they use yahoo for their emails) but they've changed their security and i can't get their app password generator to work so i've decided to use her gmail account. I've eventually got outlook 2010 set up with her gmail account as pop but the...
  9. Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost Folder in Outlook 2010: One of my folders has simply vanished in Outlook 2010. If I search for a known email I don't find it. However I ran Stellar repair for outlook and that did find it but it would cost me £75 to get the repair. Any other way? 126654
  10. MS Outlook e-mail showing full when it is not

in Browsers and Email
    MS Outlook e-mail showing full when it is not: MS Outlook 2013 E-mail still showing full. ost and archived e-mails. Did cleanup. Checked Calendar -- only seven or eight items. Checked mailbox size. Not much there at all -- a few kb. Compacted archived and ost files. Did an ost repair on the account. Nothing works. Still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook keeps showing e mail being sent when outbox is empty