Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block

Discus and support Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I maintain a number of machines, all have HDMI and VGA ports. HDMI goes to the main monitor, VGA to a multiway switch. Every recent update a generic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mrg9999, Jun 13, 2018.

1. mrg9999 Win User

I maintain a number of machines, all have HDMI and VGA ports. HDMI goes to the main monitor, VGA to a multiway switch.
    Every recent update a generic HDMI driver gets loaded and appears to be incompatible - black screen or no video.
    My current fix is to reload the motherboard specific driver e.g. INTEL 4600 and perform a silent install and reboot.

Is there a way to block windows from updating to a generic HDMI driver when it installs a creator update?

:)

mrg9999, Jun 13, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Jun 14, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jun 14, 2018
  4. CrashGordon94 Win User

Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV

Okay, just tried this, Display Audio or anything mentioning the TV isn't on the list:

Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block [​IMG]

And the troubleshooter only had options for the same two devices in the tray before:

Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block [​IMG]

CrashGordon94, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block - Similar Threads - Each update 1803

2. BSOD after installing Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Aug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Aug: Win10 Pro Completed all updates last night - no issues Woke machine this early afternoon and had a BSOD but missed reading complete details (may have said driver issue) Rebooted ok and found that I had no sound Rebooted again and still n/g Troubleshooter was n/g Restored...
  3. how do I fix opencl.dll problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I fix opencl.dll problems: how do I fix opencl.dll problem, "OpenCL.dll not found" or "OpenCL.dll file can't read" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-fix-opencldll-problems/135f31c2-4935-419b-a2b3-49fb11215dbd
  4. Why can I only see a zoomed in part of any youtube video

Why can I only see a zoomed in part of any youtube video: When I try to watch a video on youtube or facebook I can only see a small part of it zoomed in. How to i fix this? Also what is threadlock and how do I unlock it?...
  5. Media Feature Pack (Win 10 Home (Dutch) for version 1803) fails to install

Media Feature Pack (Win 10 Home (Dutch) for version 1803) fails to install: I've Windows 10, version 1803 build 17134.228 and problems installing Media Feature Pack. I believe I selected the right Media Feature Pack (for 1803 64bits) but during install I receive the message: "this version is not for your computer" the KB3099229_x64.msu has been...
  6. Win10 Updates Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Updates Problems: The 1803 update wiped out several programs on my HP laptop---lost saved emails--and downloads Further updates on my Acer desktop wiped out my desktop- Additional updates move programs off the desktop and deletes others All changes require several hours to reset to a...
  7. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I...
  8. I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one....

I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one....: I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one. But when I try to add the card to the History Backup Files, I get an error. Is there something in Windows that does not allow backing up of the SD card or folders on that card?...
  9. Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours

Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours: Hi Windows 10 updated always downloads and installs updates during my active hours which slows the computer to a crawl. I have checked and double checked the active hours settings and it still downloads and installs the update (luckily it doesn't auto restart). Why is...
  10. software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer: i think i connected my wireless bluetooth computer to my laptop but when i tried to print i get a software communication error and nothing prints...