Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block

Discus and support Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block in Windows 10 Graphic Cards on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I maintain a number of machines, all have HDMI and VGA ports. HDMI goes to the main monitor, VGA to a multiway switch. Every recent update a generic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mrg9999, Jun 14, 2018 at 5:33 AM.

1. mrg9999 Win User

I maintain a number of machines, all have HDMI and VGA ports. HDMI goes to the main monitor, VGA to a multiway switch.
    Every recent update a generic HDMI driver gets loaded and appears to be incompatible - black screen or no video.
    My current fix is to reload the motherboard specific driver e.g. INTEL 4600 and perform a silent install and reboot.

Is there a way to block windows from updating to a generic HDMI driver when it installs a creator update?

:)

2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

4. CrashGordon94 Win User

Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV

Okay, just tried this, Display Audio or anything mentioning the TV isn't on the list:

[​IMG]

And the troubleshooter only had options for the same two devices in the tray before:

[​IMG]

CrashGordon94, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:40 AM
Thema:

Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block - Similar Threads - Each update 1803

1. CorelDraw 12 crashes after each windows update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    CorelDraw 12 crashes after each windows update: Every time windows 10 does an update my CorelDraw 12 stops working with an error message "IS kernels failed to install" I usually have to uninstall CorelDraw then reinstall it and it used to work fine till next update. This time it will not reinstall but I get error message...
  2. Desktop and Laptop can't see each other on P2P cable set-up

Desktop and Laptop can't see each other on P2P cable set-up: I have a bit of an urgent problem with my P2P network. My laptop is failing and needs repair but the drive is fine I believe, so I urgently need to do a system image backup to my desktop PC. I usually do this by disabling WIFI on both machines, and connecting the two...
  3. New .tmp file each day that cannot be removed following recent update

New .tmp file each day that cannot be removed following recent update: I find successively each day a new .tmp file (now totalling five) in my Local>Temp folder that I am unable to remove. They started to appear following the major Windows update last week. Examples are wct2E7F.tmp, wct4C5E.tmp, etc. All have the same date and time of 26/08/2016...
  4. Outlook wiped out after each windows update

Outlook wiped out after each windows update: Every time my system updates, It kills my outlook. sometimes it kills more than that and wipes out everything but most of the time it is outlook. I do a system restore, but one time that didn't work. I don't want to stop updates, but don't know how to keep this from...
  5. OS Windows 10 Pro- Updates separately for each new user profile?

OS Windows 10 Pro- Updates separately for each new user profile?: Hello Everyone on the forum, We have set up an ICT Computer Lab and installed official Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit OS in a Core i3 Computer, with the purpose to teach ICT Computers to Children studying in grade 6 to 10 IGCSE Cambridge board. Our set up is as follows:-...
  6. Lower disk space after each update

Lower disk space after each update: Hi! I have a five year old Lenovo Z560 laptop. After my last windows 10 update( 2 days ago), the driver's disk space on which windows is installed suddenly dropped to 400 MB. I tried to clean up system files but simply after running disk cleanup the checkbox does not...
  7. USB recovery USB need to be redone after each update ??

USB recovery USB need to be redone after each update ??: When Windows 10 does an update do you have to do a new recovery disk for system changes ?? 80905
Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block solved