Windows 10: Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block

Discus and support Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I maintain a number of machines, all have HDMI and VGA ports. HDMI goes to the main monitor, VGA to a multiway switch. Every recent update a generic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mrg9999, Jun 13, 2018.

1. mrg9999 Win User

Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block

I maintain a number of machines, all have HDMI and VGA ports. HDMI goes to the main monitor, VGA to a multiway switch.
    Every recent update a generic HDMI driver gets loaded and appears to be incompatible - black screen or no video.
    My current fix is to reload the motherboard specific driver e.g. INTEL 4600 and perform a silent install and reboot.

Is there a way to block windows from updating to a generic HDMI driver when it installs a creator update?

:)

mrg9999, Jun 13, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Jun 14, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jun 14, 2018
  4. CrashGordon94 Win User

Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV

Okay, just tried this, Display Audio or anything mentioning the TV isn't on the list:

Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block [​IMG]

And the troubleshooter only had options for the same two devices in the tray before:

Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block [​IMG]

CrashGordon94, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Each update e.g. 1803 Generic HDMI driver gets loaded. How can I block - Similar Threads - Each update 1803

2. how can I avoid signing in each time

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I avoid signing in each time: how can I avoid signing in each time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-can-i-avoid-signing-in-each-time/0f124467-cb76-4e5a-9d1e-836146a8759b
  3. How can i get admin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i get admin?: So its the school holidays and since my family aren't really spending money because you know we are saving for a house but i have my school laptop and im wondering if anyone can help me get admin on it...
  4. Block windows 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Block windows 1803 update: How can i block the 1803 update for windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/block-windows-1803-update/f657113c-e178-44d6-bc07-2598d689f6dd
  5. How Can I Get SMB2 On Version 1803 Of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Get SMB2 On Version 1803 Of Windows 10: Hi, How Can I get version SMB2 On Windows 10 so that I can access my File server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-can-i-get-smb2-on-version-1803-of-windows-10/77dd7b0b-3eae-49df-b695-2c223b8b9075
  6. How to block update corrupt Realtek WiFi driver 2023.70.306.2018 Windows 10 - 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to block update corrupt Realtek WiFi driver 2023.70.306.2018 Windows 10 - 1803: Hello all, After the pain in the ass to update Windows 10 to the latest version due to the Intel SSD issue the next failure already turned up. My Realtek WiFi works fine, nothing wrong with it. However Windows update is forcing to install a new driver all the time which...
  7. How can I block upgrade from 1703 to 1803?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I block upgrade from 1703 to 1803?: Nothing after 1703 installs successfully on my computer, so I'm still on 1703 with Update set to "current branch for business" and "defer 365 days". But it still keeps trying (and failing) to install 1803, and then "recovering previous version". So far the recoveries have...
  8. G-Sync laptop - How do I turn on G-Sync?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    G-Sync laptop - How do I turn on G-Sync?: Hi, I have a new laptop with G-Sync but I cannot see anywhere in the Nvidia Control Panel where I can turn this feature on or off... Some older tutorials point to a Display option in the Nvidia Control Panel but I only have the 3D Settings option... So how do I see the...
  9. HDMI Driver Issue... I think!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Driver Issue... I think!: I have a monitor with Analog and HDMI connections. The analog works fine, but the screen simply flickers in HDMI mode. I've tried deleting and re-installing the Intel HD Graphics driver. In Device Manager, it looks like the USB device fails, giving me "Unkown USB Device" and...
  10. How to block a driver update?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to block a driver update?: Hey Guys This new way of forcing updates is poorly thought out. A new touchpad driver keeps installing, which then causes the touchpad to stop working until I plug in an external mouse and roll back the driver! Is there a way to block/ not install a certain update?...