Windows 10: Earphones Don't Work

Discus and support Earphones Don't Work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My apple earphones used to work on my Surface 4, but one day the sound suddenly stopped working. I deleted the Realtek driver and redownloaded it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cazoo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. cazoo Win User

Earphones Don't Work

My apple earphones used to work on my Surface 4, but one day the sound suddenly stopped working. I deleted the Realtek driver and redownloaded it and that seemed to work. But when I put my earphones in, nothing will play although it keeps saying that it's working properly. I've made sure that it is set as the default device. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

:)

cazoo, Apr 15, 2016

2. What headset / earphones with mic work with N900?

The WH-205 earphones that came with my N900 have died; there is an internal break and it has lost sound to one ear. I don't want another pair of them, I'm looking for an alternative set of in-ear earphones with a mic. Can anyone suggest something that has
    been tested with an N900? I bought a pair of Klipsch S2m earphones which had been suggested, but they don't work, they make a strange and loud clicking noise, so it seems the N900 is sensitive about which earphones/headsets work.

Ideally I'm after earphones that have a cable, so I can use them on an aeroplane. Don't mind if they are Bluetooth too, as long as wired use is possible. I don't mind if special buttons don't work, as long as the audio and mic work correctly.

Can anyone suggest anything that has been proven to work in practice? Thanks very much in advance,

Cheers, Tony.

abcoates---01, Apr 15, 2016
  3. headphones not working

Thankyou dtolson, will try that then if all fails I will have to send my phone back.

Its strange though, I used my iphone earphones at first and they didn't work so I bought a new pair of Phillips earphones and they worked for a few weeks but now they don't work at all, just like my previous earphones.

wolfman83---01, Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

Earphones Don't Work

1. Earphones Don't Work - Similar Threads - Earphones Don't

2. earphones not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphones not working: earphones not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earphones-not-working/ff333b3d-9cd6-472f-9d4c-2e1642213c15
  3. earphones not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphones not working: earphones not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earphones-not-working/ff333b3d-9cd6-472f-9d4c-2e1642213c15
  4. Wireless Earphones Don't Give out Sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Earphones Don't Give out Sound.: A have an Acer swift 3 laptop SF313-53, and recently i ran into an issue wherein my wireless bluetooth earphones Portronics Harmonics Twins 33 can easily be connected through my laptop's bluetooth, but when i play any sort of audio on the laptop, it does not give out any...
  5. Wireless Earphones Don't Give out Sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Earphones Don't Give out Sound.: A have an Acer swift 3 laptop SF313-53, and recently i ran into an issue wherein my wireless bluetooth earphones Portronics Harmonics Twins 33 can easily be connected through my laptop's bluetooth, but when i play any sort of audio on the laptop, it does not give out any...
  6. Wireless Earphones Don't Give out Sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My earphones don't connect

My earphones don't connect: Hi, I need some help, I got a new phone and a pair of earphones came with it. The phone didn't have a headphone jack so the earphone was USB-C, not AUX. So I bought a USB-C to USB adapter which allowed me to connect my earphones to my laptop and it worked for some time. I...
  8. earphones don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    earphones don't work: In Windows 10, I used to get a screen that allowed me to select headphones, when I plugged my earphones in. Now I don't get that screen and my earphones don't work, just the computer speakers. Any ideas on how to get the selection screen back?...
  9. My earphones only work if I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug they don't...

My earphones only work if I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug they don't...: I tested my earphones on other devices and even tried different earphones on my Dell laptop and the issue is the same. So it isn't the earphones being damaged or anything like that. The jack works because they function properly if I startup my laptop with them plugged in. But...
  10. Earphones don't work sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Earphones don't work sometimes: I have Windows 10 and my earphones don't to work on my laptop. Whenever I plug them in there's no response. However, if i restart my laptop, the problem disappears. Can someone tell me what's wrong with my laptop? (Because I'm pretty sure my earphones are good to go as they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to ear from earphones on windows pc made it mic