Windows 10: Earphones Mic not working

Discus and support Earphones Mic not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aby, Jul 14, 2018.

1. ABY
    aby Win User

Earphones Mic not working

Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped working. I checked my Earpods with my iPhone and the mic would work just fine but not with the laptop.

Realtek audio driver is already installed but there's no realteks audio icon to configure or make changes. When I connect my Earpods, I can hear through them but the mic doesn't work however if I speak close to the internal mic I can see that green bar moving up which exists in Sounds>Recording.

I updated the Intel graphic driver to the latest version 2 days ago and the Mic would work fine.

Few steps which I tried to fix the issue but didn't help:

1) Tried to setup mic: No go
    2) Tried reinstalling/updating audio drivers: No go
    3) Checked Microphone privacy settings and its ON
    4) Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device: No go

Can someone help me on this?
    Thank you

:)

2. n-ster Win User

Earphone w/mic problem... the earphones are acting as a mic!

its annoying.. I need to use my mic, but the earphone is acting like a mic, not the mic! its one of those earphones w/mic for iphone

on my desktop I successfully can use it as a mic, but on my netbook I can't

n-ster, Jul 14, 2018
  3. What headset / earphones with mic work with N900?

The WH-205 earphones that came with my N900 have died; there is an internal break and it has lost sound to one ear. I don't want another pair of them, I'm looking for an alternative set of in-ear earphones with a mic. Can anyone suggest something that has
    been tested with an N900? I bought a pair of Klipsch S2m earphones which had been suggested, but they don't work, they make a strange and loud clicking noise, so it seems the N900 is sensitive about which earphones/headsets work.

Ideally I'm after earphones that have a cable, so I can use them on an aeroplane. Don't mind if they are Bluetooth too, as long as wired use is possible. I don't mind if special buttons don't work, as long as the audio and mic work correctly.

Can anyone suggest anything that has been proven to work in practice? Thanks very much in advance,

Cheers, Tony.

abcoates---01, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Earphones Mic not working

Use Earphones with Mic to record and hear at same time?

Hi Everybody! Can anyone help me?

I connected my YU Earphones to a friends computer, and I was surprised that I could hear everything from the earphones and Also record from it at the same time!! Whenever I talked into the mic that the earphones have, I could hear my voice in the earphone. He has a Lenovo All in One Computer and Windows 10.

Any guides on how to do the same on my PC?

My earphones are these (WITH A MIC ATTACHED)

Earphones Mic not working [​IMG]

NayamAmarshe, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Earphones Mic not working

1. Earphones Mic not working - Similar Threads - Earphones Mic working

2. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphone with mic not working: i have a earphone with mic when i plug it in my phone it works and when i plug it in my dell optiplex 3020 the earphones are working but mic not also i have tried plugging in all ports even if the mic works i am fine cuz i have external speakers please help me...
  3. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphone with mic not working: i have a earphone with mic when i plug it in my phone it works and when i plug it in my dell optiplex 3020 the earphones are working but mic not also i have tried plugging in all ports even if the mic works i am fine cuz i have external speakers please help me...
  4. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Earphone mics aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphone mics aren't working: For a few months, I have not been able to use microphones when I plug in earbuds into my PC's front input jack. I have no idea if a Windows update messed this up since I noticed it pretty late. I generally use external speakers or a headset for audio calls, so when I had a...
  6. Earphone mics aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earphone mics aren't working: For a few months, I have not been able to use microphones when I plug in earbuds into my PC's front input jack. I have no idea if a Windows update messed this up since I noticed it pretty late. I generally use external speakers or a headset for audio calls, so when I had a...
  7. Earphone mics aren't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mic Works with earphones, but not normally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic Works with earphones, but not normally: Need help with Microphone.I can record my audio using earphones but not working normally. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-works-with-earphones-but-not-normally/f351922c-4786-424c-b678-60bc91e74490
  9. earphone mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    earphone mic: will my earphone mic work on windows 10 which has 1 jack?? or i have to use headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earphone-mic/3149f6b8-72fa-446b-ad3e-c19af9d11f83
  10. Earphones Mic not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Earphones Mic not working: Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped...