Windows 10: Earthlink email with Exchange

Discus and support Earthlink email with Exchange in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a client who insists on using his earthlink.net POP email address. He wants to have the ability to have his email, calendar and contacts sync... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by robdam1001, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Earthlink email with Exchange

I have a client who insists on using his earthlink.net POP email address. He wants to have the ability to have his email, calendar and contacts sync across multiple computers and mobile devices. Obviously, I'm thinking an Exchange account. EarthLink doesn't offer Hosted Exchange. Are there any options available that I can recommend to my client that would allow him to keep using his Earthlink.net/POP email address as well as taking advantage of the benefits of a hosted exchange?

:)

robdam1001, Feb 18, 2017

2. Sync junk mail folders

The reason your POP3 email doesn't work the way the Exchange works is that you've probably set up some rules in Outlook that handle junk mail. These Outlook rules are only executed after you've downloaded the email to your computer. Windows Phone is
    downloading email while it is still on the email server so the Outlook rules are never applied at that point.

You might be able to use server-based rules that are provided by your email service. For instance, I have several Earthlink email accounts, and I've set up those accounts to use Earthlink's spam guards to filter out spam at the server level, so those kinds
    of emails are never downloaded to my computer and the spam email is not available to download to my phone.

Julie fka profjulie, Feb 18, 2017
  3. JCorb Win User
    How do I add a folder to a POP3 email account on my Windows Phone email app?

I want to add a folder to my EarthLink (POP3) email account on my Windows Phone email app. Unlike with Outlook, adding a folder to my email account on the EarthLink web site does not cause the same folder to appear on my phone.

JCorb, Feb 18, 2017
  4. bfunke Win User

Earthlink email with Exchange

EarthLink now supports IMAP. What about using that?

bfunke, Feb 19, 2017
  5. bfunke, thanks for your reply. That won't address calendar and address book syncing across all devices.

robdam1001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Earthlink email with Exchange

1. Earthlink email with Exchange - Similar Threads - Earthlink email Exchange

2. why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?: Was sending clients emails to their earthlink accounts with no problems for over a month- as of last night they are no longer receiving them and I get no error message. Restarted my computer- nothing. Even if I reply to their earthlink email they don't get it, what do I do?...
  3. why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?: Was sending clients emails to their earthlink accounts with no problems for over a month- as of last night they are no longer receiving them and I get no error message. Restarted my computer- nothing. Even if I reply to their earthlink email they don't get it, what do I do?...
  4. acknowledge Earthlink

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    acknowledge Earthlink: Morning!! the update done on Sunday regarding Microsoft Edge does not acknowledge Earthlink. My start up page is showing Earthlink not secure. I have tried to reset the settings and delete my browser cache and cookies. Nothing seems to be working, yet my Webmail says...
  5. No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    No Earthlink Address Book for Earthlink, an Account under Outlook: For some reason when the Earthlink account was added to Outlook (Win10/Office 2019), it did not generate a separate address book called Earthlink. I do not see a way to add this feature. I use both Outlook and Earthlink email accounts for separate functions and want to...
  6. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Browsers and Email
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  7. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Windows 10 Support
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  8. Exchange ActiveSync and Microsoft Exchange

in Browsers and Email
    Exchange ActiveSync and Microsoft Exchange: Hello Guys and Gals After the recent migration of MS Email , i now notice i have duplicate accounts of multiple account , and i would like to remove the ones before the MS migration , and i dont know which ones to Remove, i believe the the Active Account was before the...
  9. Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts: I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements. One BTinternet.com email address One Outlook.com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3. Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my...
  10. Earthlink Email, Why Does My "Sent From" Change

in Browsers and Email
    Earthlink Email, Why Does My "Sent From" Change: Hello All, I have a little mystery that I would like to solve. My sister-in-law has an Earthlink email account and when she sends someone an email they sometimes see a very odd sender's name. Her name is "Debbie Smith" and when she sends out an email, half the time the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. earthlink email not downloading to new win 10 outlook express

2. is eartlink an exchange

3. does earthlink have exchange email

4. earthlink exchange server