Windows 10: EA's Origin is giving Dead Space away for free

Discus and support EA's Origin is giving Dead Space away for free in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On the House is starting semi-strong for 2018 though, with 2008’s sci-fi horror classic Dead Space up for grabs. EA's Origin is giving Dead Space away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Borg 386, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Borg 386 Win User

EA's Origin is giving Dead Space away for free

Borg 386, Feb 15, 2018

2. Why is Microsoft giving away Windows 10 for free. Is there a catch?

Its basic marketing. Give something free as it stands Microsoft in better stead to get more sales as a consequence later on. Be that via apps you might buy, other devices that talk to windows 10 (lumia, band2 for example). Its a long term view rather
    than the short term view of grab what upgrade revenues we can.

MarkInKent, Feb 15, 2018
  3. gilfavor Win User
    gilfavor, Feb 15, 2018
  4. Faith Win User

They did offer it for free a year ago or so, which is where I got it from. Regardless, Dead Space is a fantastic game, only down side is that you need Origin to play it.

Faith, Feb 15, 2018
  5. I bought Dead Space on Steam just after it became available, quite some time before the illfated child known as Origin was conceived from EA's womb.....no Origin for me.

AnonVendetta, Feb 15, 2018
  6. They ended it. Sorry fellas!

RingTailCoon, Mar 22, 2018
  7. Dude Win User
    Origin isn't that bad in my opinion. I have never had problems with it, and always got good support with issues I had (Crysis Keys)

8. Faith Win User

Origin is not bad in that sense, it's just more anti consumer and intrusive than anything. For instance, they will always recommend you the most expensive game version available on the store pages saying it's "the most popular version". There are no user reviews or stars that can tell you anything about the products they're offering, and at checkouts they will point at more crap for you to buy. Everytime I'm using Origin I feel like I'm being methodologically watched and manipulated by Gil from The Simpsons, which is probably not so far off seeing that Origin will also tap into your web cookies. If you get a lot of The Sims 4 ads then you probably know why. It doesn't help my trust in them that Origin have been accused of spyware when it first launched. And it's made by diarrhEA, a game company that puts the art of video games in the backseat and the Benjamins first. But hey! Their support center is good, and the client works, so that's something. *Smile

Faith, Mar 25, 2018
  9. Dude Win User
    That is a very interesting analogy, didnt know about the spyware part

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. EA's Origin is giving Dead Space away for free - Similar Threads - EA's Origin giving

2. Getting BSOD with Dead Space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD with Dead Space.: I had games crash my pc before but I was usually able to fix those issues. It's very random, with 20 minutes of playing.IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL0x0000000aParameter 1 ffffb507`750ca809ntoskrnl.exe...
  3. Does MS give Office 2016-licenses away for free?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Does MS give Office 2016-licenses away for free?: When I entered my personal ms-account with no 365-subscription attached in a fresh 365-setup on a fresh install of 21H1, it went on to install Office 2016 which was then activated. Have I ever bought 2016 and forgot, or is MS playing nice? 178921
  4. Storage Spaces is dead

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces is dead: Looks like my Win10 insider has updated to version 2004 OS Build 21296.1010 on 23 Jan 2021 and my storage spaces D: is not accessible. It is made up of 4x4tb western digital reds and all physical drives appear fine. Storage spaces lists 2 drives with errors. Is this an...
  5. Giving the laptop away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Giving the laptop away: Hi, I plan to give my Toshiba laptop away to a national charity. The laptop is running Windows 10 Home [Reset today] downloaded from Cloud for complete erasure of previous details. However because I am shown as Administrator, that appears to be overiding the Reset since...
  6. Free Space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free Space: I have a 500Gb SSD drive and checking the storage in settings it told me that the drive had 476Gb which I understood of which 367Gb were used and 109Gb were free. Hoping to free up some space and not wanting to delete my pictures or Music, I decided to tidy up my folders and...
  7. Ea origin problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ea origin problem: when i click on battlefield 3 or 4 to run it just minimizes origin and browser does not open i reinstalled origin that it worked fine now again same what to do 141010
  8. Give computer away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Give computer away: I want to give my computer to someone, how do I remove me as a user (and add them)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/give-computer-away/3c778260-9916-4a1c-83be-ddd62551dff4"
  9. EA's giving away Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EA's giving away Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2: UPDATE, September 17: The promotion is officially back on, now that EA's servers have recovered. You can head here to pick up your copy of Red Alert 2. Original story: After nearly six months of stinkers (Ultima 8 and Zuma’s Revenge), EA’s On-the-House program is back in...
  10. Strange behaviour from EA origin app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behaviour from EA origin app: Short version Cant get Electronic Arts origin to run on my PC, but installs ok. Long version I did a cleanup on a PC that could not run EA origin, or sims 4 after all the usual cleanups inc sfc scannow etc, Origin and sims4 work perfectly. While doing this I noticed that...