Windows 10: Easiest Fix: This App has been Blocked - trying to install

Discus and support Easiest Fix: This App has been Blocked - trying to install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After 2 days of trying to install an app but getting the error that it's been blocked and I need permission from an administrator, I took parts from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by adashak, Feb 24, 2016.

1. adashak Win User

Easiest Fix: This App has been Blocked - trying to install

After 2 days of trying to install an app but getting the error that it's been blocked and I need permission from an administrator, I took parts from different places and made this work and it seems like the easiest to understand and least invasive process.

I finally got it to work and here's how:

1. in the Cortana search window type cmd.exe. This will make Command Prompt appear at the top.

2. right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator. This brings up a black box with C:\WINDOWS\system32>

3. now you are going to navigate to the file location of the file you're trying to run by changing the directory to that location. So if your file is on your desktop, you can go and right click on it and under General it will say Location. You can highlight and copy that.

4. in the command black box type after the > the following:

cd (then paste what you copied here). So it would look like this:

Easiest Fix:  This App has been Blocked - trying to install [​IMG]

NOTE: If your file you're trying to run has a long name like: iamafiletoopen.exe, you'll have to right click on it and rename it setup.exe for the above to work.

5. after you've changed the directory to your file location, type after the >

setup.exe

This should start the setup process of the app you're trying to install.

Hope this works for you!

:)

adashak, Feb 24, 2016

2. This app has been blocked by your administrator message.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand how frustrating it is when things aren't the way it is suppose to be. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

As per description, I understand that you are unable to use apps as you get the error message "This app has been blocked by your administrator" . I'll do my best to ensure a quick resolution.

Please let us know if your computer is connected to a domain. If so, please contact your Administrator.

Otherwise you may try this:

1: Press Windows +X and select Command Prompt Admin

2: Type the following command without quotes at the Command Prompt and then hit Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

You should see the message saying "command completed successfully".

3: Launch Start Menu and right-click on user-account title at the top-left of the screen. Then click
    Sign-out.

4: Log into the Administrator account and you will return to the Desktop of that user profile.

5: Locate and run the .exe file for the program which you want to run.

6: As you have already logged into the Administrator account, the
    Smartscreen protection will be disabled and the installation should complete successfully.

7: Log back into your regular account after logging out of the Admin account.

8: Disable the Administrator account that was used earlier to prevent malicious access to your system files.

Type the following command from Command Prompt: net user administrator /active:no

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 24, 2016
  3. This app has been blocked by your administrator message.

I get a message block ap by administrator and cannot get rid of it. I must say that windows ten is not up to par with all the other programs put out by windows. I find it very hard to use.

Terry

Original title: Blocked ap

TerryJorgensen, Feb 24, 2016
Thema:

Easiest Fix: This App has been Blocked - trying to install

1. Easiest Fix: This App has been Blocked - trying to install - Similar Threads - Easiest Fix App

2. this app has been blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this app has been blocked by administrator: start menu , setting and other basic Microsoft software and options can't run and give me the below errorthis app has been blocked by administratorhow to fix it in windows 11 IOT enterpriser...
  3. this app has been blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this app has been blocked by administrator: start menu , setting and other basic Microsoft software and options can't run and give me the below errorthis app has been blocked by administratorhow to fix it in windows 11 IOT enterpriser...
  4. The app has been blocked for your protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The app has been blocked for your protection: Hello,I recently bought a new 2TB hard drive for extra space.Plugged it in no problems as it is recommended to do. Next is said to go to disk management, but when I do that the following appears :Okay so I go online and multiple fixes are proposed.I try to deactivate the...
  5. This app has been blocked...What app?

This app has been blocked...What app?: In looking at the protection history in windows security I see a number of notations that say "This app has been blocked" with a date and time. The problem is, I have no idea what app has been blocked. When I hit the down arrow I am asked for permission to let the app make...
  6. This app has been blocked by the system administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This app has been blocked by the system administrator: Hi, I am having problems on installing the antivirus in my computer. After I updated the W10 I cannot install some programs it says that this app has been blocked by your system administrator but I am the administrator it is my computer. I have been trying the whole day to...
  7. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: When ever I try to open Windows device manager I see this message : "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, for more info contact the administrator" MMC.exe But I am the administrator ! If not how to know it. I have disabled my antivirus still the same...
  8. This App Has Been Blocked

This App Has Been Blocked: I just installed windows 10 on an older laptop upgrade from 7. I am trying to install - install root 5.5 on my computer the install wizard opens but partially through the install I get a red window with the message "this app has been blocked for your protection an...
  9. What is the definitive fix for MRT? This app has been blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the definitive fix for MRT? This app has been blocked: I can tell you this does not work, since (a) there is no path to the MRT executable that shows up when you do a search, you do hit a dozen dll files and stuff. (b) login in as an admin does not help either. There are Registry hacks and I cannot find any references to the MRT...
  10. What is the definitive fix for MRT? This app has been blocked

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the definitive fix for MRT? This app has been blocked: I can tell you this does not work, since (a) there is no path to the MRT executable that shows up when you do a search, you do hit a dozen dll files and stuff. (b) login in as an admin does not help either. There are Registry hacks and I cannot find any references to the MRT...