Windows 10: Easiest way to block Windows Updates

Discus and support Easiest way to block Windows Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I need three days of my life to setup a new computer with Win 10 Pro AU and now it's pretty fine (or almost...). Said that, I am really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pipppero2007, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Easiest way to block Windows Updates

Hi all,

I need three days of my life to setup a new computer with Win 10 Pro AU and now it's pretty fine (or almost...).

Said that, I am really afraid that some "forced" update will destroy my spare time again so I want to AVOID Windows Update to update my computer.

I know I can do an image but now the size of the disk is so large that I don't think I will do a clone.

Said that, I read many ways to block updates, but I want to ask you something and I hope you will answer me in the way I hope:

IF I WANT TO STOP Windows update, I can simply set my WI-FI connection to "Consumption Connection" (sorry for my english)?

If it works, and Windows sees that WI-FI as consumption, it will never update itself, and to my eyes it's the best, easiest and not intrusive way to prevent updates... I AM RIGHT???

:)

Pipppero2007, Sep 12, 2016

2. How to block someone from my email?

Hello. The easiest way would be to add that email address to your spam list.

Resourceful, Sep 12, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    easiest way of copying contacts

Copy the contacts you are missing from the old MS account to the new one on a PC, then they will automatically sync to the phone.

93tid, Sep 12, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

Easiest way to block Windows Updates

Adalwar, Sep 12, 2016
  5. Sure, but I'm looking for the "cleanest" method, disable a system service is good but I am afraid that someday Windows alone will restore it.

Please, tell me the last thing, I am able to set as "Metered connection" a WIFI network but If I want to set in that way a LAN connection (cable ethernet connection) how I reach that? I need that for the Virtualboxes Win 10 that use a "virtual" ethernet internet.

6. I didnt get what you mean.

7. I think the tutorial is obsolete about the driver because the AU change the things... Could you confirm?

Pipppero2007, Sep 13, 2016
  8. TrustMe Win User

Even if you set your connection to Metered, eventually Windows Updates will come through. The only sure way to stop them is disable Windows Update in Services.

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Easiest way to block Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Easiest block Updates

2. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?: For whatever reason, windows update always want to install an older driver on my laptop. The problem however besides it being out of date is that it doesnt also replace the radeon software version, so it can't open. I got around this before with an appx package for it I...
  3. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?: For whatever reason, windows update always want to install an older driver on my laptop. The problem however besides it being out of date is that it doesnt also replace the radeon software version, so it can't open. I got around this before with an appx package for it I...
  4. Easiest way to downgrade from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easiest way to downgrade from Windows 11: Too many bugs, and zero support options with the newly mangled help.microsoft.com. Nobody will call you back, and the chat is worthless. If you start over it throws back the same chat. I dont even get a chance to wait on hold for hours like I used too. Q: Do we have to give...
  5. Easiest way to downgrade from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easiest way to downgrade from Windows 11: Too many bugs, and zero support options with the newly mangled help.microsoft.com. Nobody will call you back, and the chat is worthless. If you start over it throws back the same chat. I dont even get a chance to wait on hold for hours like I used too. Q: Do we have to give...
  6. Easiest way to reinstall window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest way to reinstall window?: Over the past few months my PC has had some really weird issues. I don't think these are an effect of a virus, I have run full scans using Windows defender, Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and haven't found anything that could have caused these issues. Because of this I am...
  7. Easiest way to block device access to a web site?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Easiest way to block device access to a web site?: One of my children, adult but special-needs, can't be trusted with his Facebook account. I'm otherwise comfortable with his using his computer, but would like to block his access to Facebook. Not just by changing the password and not saving it, but completely blocking his...
  8. easiest way to pin any windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    easiest way to pin any windows?: easiest (1-click) way to pin any windows? that is another way of phrasing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghk9ka/feature_how_to_have_the_desktop_show_a_realtime/ that idea was found by 1 person on...
  9. EASIEST WAY TO UNINSTALL GROOVE MUSIC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    EASIEST WAY TO UNINSTALL GROOVE MUSIC?: Hi I set my music to be played by windows media player, but it keeps being redirected to groove music player after i play it one time in widows media player. how can i either uninstall or disable Groove Music altogether? Thanks PS, Anyone know the Product Code for Groove...
  10. Ways to block Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ways to block Windows 10 updates: I'm having issues with a recent windows cumulative update. I uninstalled said update, and blocked it using wushowhide tool. However, after leaving my pc on, unattended for a few minutes, I came back to see that the pc had restarted and begun updating automatically. After the...