Windows 10: Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs

Discus and support Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs I am super exited to announce that starting today, Microsoft Enterprise Agreement customers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Cluster Head, May 31, 2016.

1. Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs

Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs

Source: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/bl...0531_479823347

:)

Cluster Head, May 31, 2016

2. [Solved] Windows 10 and Microsoft Azure problems

Windows 10 SQL Azure Problems
    arefixed by loading .Net Framework 3.5

using Program Features in Control panel (WinKey+R "Control panel")

Then Load the following

The Microsoft Access 2010 64 bit Runtime from

Download Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center.

Then the Access Database Engine 2010 Service Pack 1 from

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2460011

Then the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components from

Download 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components from Official Microsoft Download Center

The load Azure SDK for .NET 2.8 from
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/dotnet-sdk-28/?WT.mc_id=DOTNET_SDK_28

Get an Office 365 account to install Office 2016 or purchase complete from Windows Store to get Access 2016

Then Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) v6.0 for Access to SQL Azure from

Download Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant v6.0 for Access from Official Microsoft Download Center

Create a new SQL Azure database log into you free Azure account
    https://manage.windowsazure.com

Check for the correct server name add your IP address to the server firewall

Run the SSMA select SQL Azure, enter your server name, username and password

Your Access 2010/2016 database is now transferred to SQL Azure database.

Summary

Windows 10 does NOT have any of these loaded so any missing files comes up with a COM error,

which many wrongly interpret as an Edge Browser error, saying the browser has frozen.

Windows 10 DOES NOT have a problem with Azure, AAD,SQL Azure, Azure IoT.

Its all about setting up your machine and remember your company policy many not permit these functions,

NOT Microsoft.

Read the Amazon Kindle FREE book
    Fundamentals of Azure
    before posting in the TechNet Azure conference

or get the PDF direct from the Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Free Microsoft Azure books for download

Jimbohalo10, May 31, 2016
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus Notificaition off but keep with "send files"

1.- No, it was dismantled and parts used on this one.

2.- Update KB4048955 is currently installed but was missing KB890830 which I suppose is this monthly update.

3.- Data platform trying for azure Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs :p (SQL Server)

Enrique A_, May 31, 2016
Thema:

Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs

1. Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs - Similar Threads - Easily bring SQL

2. Windows server VMs licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server VMs licensing: HiI have server with 2 16-core CPUs onboard and Vmware hypervisor installed on it.What kind and number of licenses I have to buy in order to run Windows Server 2019/2022 as virtual machines inside it?If I buy Windows Server Standart licenses for 32 cores, what number and...
  3. Windows server VMs licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server VMs licensing: HiI have server with 2 16-core CPUs onboard and Vmware hypervisor installed on it.What kind and number of licenses I have to buy in order to run Windows Server 2019/2022 as virtual machines inside it?If I buy Windows Server Standart licenses for 32 cores, what number and...
  4. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  5. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  6. Which SQL Server license needed

Which SQL Server license needed: Hi Everyone,I'm looking into which license for SQL Server i need.I have a datawarehouse on a on-premise server. But then i will load my data in a tabular within Azure Analysis Services or Power Bi Premium Per User dataset. All users will then connect to the power bi dataset...
  7. SQL Server 2014 License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2014 License?: Hello, How do I obtain SQL server 2014 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server-2014-license/6a0809b4-95d7-4c94-a61d-f86067f2d7b4
  8. SQL Server 2014 License?

SQL Server 2014 License?: Hello, How do I obtain SQL server 2014 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server-2014-license/6a0809b4-95d7-4c94-a61d-f86067f2d7b4
  9. PowerBI, PowerApps, Azure SQL Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PowerBI, PowerApps, Azure SQL Server: This is more of a question of what Microsoft plan I should buy.Essentially, I want access to PowerBI Service, PowerApps, and Azure SQL DB for about a team of 7 people. What plan would be the best for my use case? How much should I expect to pay for these services/month?...
  10. Azure MFA on Azure VMs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Azure MFA on Azure VMs: For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the Microsoft MFA to work on an Azure VM server. I can get it to work with everything else, just not VMs. Can someone point me in the direction to some "good" instructions to get this done. I really do not want to get a 3rd...