Windows 10: ?? easus todo users .. incremental smart backup taking too long

Discus and support ?? easus todo users .. incremental smart backup taking too long in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I downloaded and am learning to use easus todo backup software. I am trying to figure out how to use the smart backup feature. .After making my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Nov 18, 2016.

1. provlima Win User

?? easus todo users .. incremental smart backup taking too long

I downloaded and am learning to use easus todo backup software.

I am trying to figure out how to use the smart backup feature. .After making my first backup of my Data drive, I added 2 small jpgs to my picture folder to see how long it would take to make a new backup which would include the incremental addition of the the 2 jpg files.

The smart backup has been in progress for 10 minutes with an estimated 1 hour and 17 minutes to completion.
    I have a WD usb3 external drive hooke up to a new ASUS laptop

Why would it take so long to add 2 small jpg files to an existing 700 GB of backed files. The backup drive is 2TB in size?
    Is this normal? If not what am I missing? Thanks for your help

:)

provlima, Nov 18, 2016

2. Restore Points fail on my Windows 10 pro pc

REPOSTING => ...you may need to do a Refresh - or a
    Reset or even a
    clean install of Win10 - to fix this.

Note: Since a Refresh is nearly as radical as a Reset, I wouldn't do a Refresh.
    And since the EASUs TODO image you created may have been horked by Advanced SystemCare, too, it's probably best NOT to restore the EASUs TODO image - start from scratch with a clean install (then stop using ASC).

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 18, 2016
  3. How can I do an incremental backup on Windows 10

I do understand that it's not their core business to provide good backup software. It would be great anyway, if that was supported natively by Windows in the future. ^^

Found EaseUS Todo Backup now, it seems to be a solid free backup software, at least found good reviews about it. If it turns out to be bad software I'm gonna post it here, if not, you can assume that the program works well for incremental backups. ??  easus todo users .. incremental smart backup taking too long ;)

So the final answer to my original question would be: Windows 10 does not natively support incremental backups.

Have a nice day y'all.

Edit: Why can't I mark my own post as answer?

Project 2718, Nov 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it certainly doesn't take me that long to create a differential image of several 100Mb of data- that's either SSD (80Mb)/USB3 external drive or an internal HD (5400rpm)/USB3. Maybe 10-20 mins, perhaps less.

Incremental imaging will have to somehow check each file against the version (if any) in any of your base image + incrementals prior to this one. The basis of comparison may vary from program to program (hash, date...).

How fast this happens depends on the achieved transfer rates, how fast your system is and how busy.

In your case you just have the base image for comparison, so I'd have thought that time rather long.

Comparing 20 Drive Imaging Software Backup/Restore Speed and Image Size • Raymond.CC - Page 2
    - here Easeus seems to be the fastest for incremental - note the original sizes above- some 2.2Gb added to 12Gb I think

(I use Macrium and Aomei Backupper- used to use Easeus)

dalchina, Nov 20, 2016
Thema:

1. ?? easus todo users .. incremental smart backup taking too long - Similar Threads - easus todo users

2. Windows Backup is taking too long WHY??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Backup is taking too long WHY??: Windows Backup is taking too long WHY?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-is-taking-too-long-why/adb4853b-44fc-4b40-a6a5-3ed89ed6bcd8
  3. Windows Backup is taking too long WHY??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup is taking too long WHY??: Windows Backup is taking too long WHY?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-is-taking-too-long-why/adb4853b-44fc-4b40-a6a5-3ed89ed6bcd8
  4. Windows Backup is taking too long WHY??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Diskpart takes too long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart takes too long?: So i was about to make a 100% clean install of Windows 10 and cleaned my 512GB drive with diskpart clean all. I read that it should take about an hour per 320GB, but it's been going for more than 3½ hours! According to the named 320GB/hr. about a terabyte should be cleaned by...
  6. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  7. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  8. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  9. Easeus Todo Backup differential/incremental questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Easeus Todo Backup differential/incremental questions: Hello everyone. I've been having some issues with setting up my backup scheme and I can't for the life of me figure this one out. So, been using the software on the title for a while. One of my file backups is about 2.5TB. Now, older versions of the software (namely 9.x) used...
  10. Update is taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54