Windows 10: Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps

Discus and support Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This article shows you how to put a shortcut to your favorite app on the desktop. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andre Da Costa, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps

This article shows you how to put a shortcut to your favorite app on the desktop.

Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from beginning to end.

Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps 83663b28-2c9e-4e0a-8518-d4f969602c6c?upload=true.png

Here is another example:

Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps fb4fe04d-07f0-4922-9c9c-844bfbe1962e?upload=true.png

:)

Andre Da Costa, Sep 3, 2018

2. How to create desktop shortcut for newly installed apps from Windows 10 store?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query on Windows 10.

When you install any app from the store, the app will be in the start menu "all apps" list or on the start menu tiles.

Follow the below steps to place a shortcut for apps from store.

1. Click on the start menu and select all apps.

2. Select the app for which you want a shortcut on the desktop.

3. Click the app and drag the it to the desktop screen.

4. You may follow the same steps to create a shortcut for other apps as well.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps

1. Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps - Similar Threads - Easy Guide Create

2. Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps: The only way I know of to create a desktop shortcut for an app is slightly complicated because I have to hunt down and search for the .exe file and then create a shortcut from that. This is a lot harder than it sounds because I find apps installed in multiple different...
  3. Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps: The only way I know of to create a desktop shortcut for an app is slightly complicated because I have to hunt down and search for the .exe file and then create a shortcut from that. This is a lot harder than it sounds because I find apps installed in multiple different...
  4. Why did Microsoft make it impossible to create a desktop shortcut for Store Apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Microsoft make it impossible to create a desktop shortcut for Store Apps?: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pin-apps-and-folders-to-the-desktop-or-taskbar-f3c749fb-e298-4cf1-adda-7fd635df6bb0If you read the last line of this support article, it says you can't create desktop shortcuts for Microsoft Store apps in Windows 11.Why would they...
  5. Why did Microsoft make it impossible to create a desktop shortcut for Store Apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Microsoft make it impossible to create a desktop shortcut for Store Apps?: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pin-apps-and-folders-to-the-desktop-or-taskbar-f3c749fb-e298-4cf1-adda-7fd635df6bb0If you read the last line of this support article, it says you can't create desktop shortcuts for Microsoft Store apps in Windows 11.Why would they...
  6. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  7. Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?: Hi folks - Try as I might, I cannot find an extension enabling me to create a quick webpage desktop shortcut in Edge. You would think that Microsoft would have thought of a simple solution to accomplish this. Any ideas? TIA *Rolleyes 174741
  8. how to create shortcut on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to create shortcut on desktop: I need to create short cuts on my sesk top of URLs and programs frequently used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-shortcut-on-desktop/7bd2975a-3d10-48f3-94e4-1bc2009430ea
  9. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make a shortcut for microsoft store