Windows 10: Easy Theme Switching

Discus and support Easy Theme Switching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! For reasons you probably don't really care about I would like to be able to switch between themes in Win10. Quickly and simply too. As in:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bakkerbaard, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Easy Theme Switching

Hello!

For reasons you probably don't really care about I would like to be able to switch between themes in Win10. Quickly and simply too. As in: I'm too much of a lazy ******* to go two menus deep to switch it.
    Ideally I'd like to use one of these pointless FN-functionkeys for a hotkey.
    Is this at all possible?

I've had a look in the Store and on google but "theme switcher" doesn't really net anything usefull. And since sevenforums solved my issue with custom trashcan icons not refreshing I figured tenforums might also be able to help me with yet another trivial issue.
    Is there anything available that's trustworthy?

Thanks in advance, whatever the answer may be.

:)

Bakkerbaard, Jan 1, 2017
  2. briangos Win User

Consistent Themes Across Windows and Apps

I am a software developer who on a daily basis will switch Visual Studio and other applications from a Light theme to a Dark theme depending on how much light is in the office. What I find painful is that I need to switch this setting across multiple different
    applications and I often feel strain on my eyes when I am working in a dark theme, I load an internet browser for example and I am presented with a brilliant white background.

Does anyone else feel they would love an easy to access setting that would tell Windows what theme you would like applied across your system and for other apps to respect this?

briangos, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Taskbar Live Preview Stopped Working Properly

The other user account seems to have no problems.

Now my real question is, can my current user account be repaired or, if I have to switch accounts, is there an easy way that keeps everything, including settings, themes, apps, files, etc?

Quickdraw996, Jan 1, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Easy Theme Switching

Hi, Winaero offers this:
    Winaero Theme Switcher

(which I use in an Autohotkey script to reapply a theme on resuming, necessary to maintain a change in background colour in some windows:

run, "D:\GUI tweaks\Theme Switcher\ThemeSwitcher\Themeswitcher.exe" "Paler yellow.theme"
    )

dalchina, Jan 1, 2017
  5. Thank you for that. I actually came across it, but I thought it wouldn't do what I wanted it to.
    It actually doesn't, but with a hotkeyscriptthing it could possibly be what I'm looking for. If it's not too much trouble, could you explain to me how I would achieve that.
    Please bear in mind, if you do, that it took me about ten minutes after registring here to find out how to change my avatar. So, there's my tech level.

Bakkerbaard, Jan 2, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, it's one thing to have a script with a shortcut to which you can assign a hot key, which is relatively trivial, and another to know what you want to try to do.

- between just two themes? or the next in a circular list?

For example, do you want (say) SHIFT F11 to switch to the next theme in a list?
    That requires some fairly simple programming in a script.

dalchina, Jan 2, 2017
  7. It's three themes so far actually, but I've devised a low level alternative for myself now. I just put the Theme Switcher in an easily accessible place.
    Theme Switcher basically does what I want: "Hello user! Here are your themes. Pick one. Thank you. Bye."
    I did try adding a hotkey for starting it up through the normal Windows means (in the properties of the shortcut), but the two I tried (CTRL+ALT+W or CTRL+ALT+T) didn't actually respond when I tried. Having exhausted options on my level of difficulty I was left with trying to figure out why the hotkey didn't work or play XCOM2.
    You'll not be surprised to learn that Earth has been saved.

Long story short: I've sorta fixed the matter, but thank you for your assistance. ;o)

Bakkerbaard, Jan 3, 2017
  8. Easy Theme Switching

To be less jovial and more specific: That would basically be what I'm looking for.

Bakkerbaard, Jan 3, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    As regards a hot key, I assume you've tried that in a shortcut pointing to a script, which should be ok.

But if not, Perfect Hotkey is on offer:
    Daily software giveaway and discounts | SharewareOnSale

- failing which you could define a hot key using Autohotkey (a trivial use of a free scripting program which can manipulate Windows or implement small programs).a

dalchina, Jan 3, 2017
  10. JohnBurns Win User
    Thanks for posting link dalchina. This suits my preferences. Appreciate your help.

JohnBurns, Jan 5, 2017
  11. Sorry for taking such a long time to reply, but thank you for your help indeed.
    I have, however, decided to just stick with using the Theme Switcher. For now.
    Too lazy to spend much time on something that is basically just a vanity-thing. I will at some point fiddle about with the Autohotkey thing though, I think.
    I'll just mark this topic as solved, I guess.

Bakkerbaard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Easy Theme Switching

1. Easy Theme Switching - Similar Threads - Easy Theme Switching

2. Easy switching between cellular APNs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy switching between cellular APNs: Use of multible APN's is getting more relevant with the introduction of 5G Private Network and other cellular solutions. Is it possible to change between pre-configured APN's in an intuitive manner? I know it is possible under Advanced settings in Windows 10, but I am looking...
  3. Easy switching between cellular APNs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy switching between cellular APNs: Use of multible APN's is getting more relevant with the introduction of 5G Private Network and other cellular solutions. Is it possible to change between pre-configured APN's in an intuitive manner? I know it is possible under Advanced settings in Windows 10, but I am looking...
  4. Easy switching between cellular APNs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to easy switch between users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to easy switch between users: Hello, I have two users on my computer, me and my partner. We both stay signed in. How do we switch users without going to the Lock Screen and signing in again every time? We trust each other so there is no problem with security....
  6. Easy Account Switching with new Account Manager in Office

in Windows 10 News
    Easy Account Switching with new Account Manager in Office: Hi there—I’m Jon Kaufthal, a Program Manager in Office, writing to share more details on the new account manager. [ATTACH] The account manager is the interface in the top right corner of the Windows Desktop apps where you’ll see your name and photo. Clicking to open the...
  7. W10 Pro - Need complete themes (packs) that are easy on the eyes

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Pro - Need complete themes (packs) that are easy on the eyes: Hi. Been searching for some complete themepacks for W10 Pro that are easy on the eyes for an extended period of time. Best that I have come up with is the default Windows theme (blue) in W10 Pro. I have many desktop icons that I need for quick access. I would like a bit...
  8. 'Themes Settings' Pops Up When Switching Themes

'Themes Settings' Pops Up When Switching Themes: I pinned to my start menu 2 shortcuts to 2 windows themes to easily switch between the 2 themes. But the problem is when I switch to a theme, the Themes Settings window pops up. I dont want that. How can I prevent that from popping up when I switch themes? 107220
  9. How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?

How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?: How can I switch between win themes easily? Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut? 107161
  10. How Do I Prevent 'Themes Settings' Popping Up When Switching Themes?

How Do I Prevent 'Themes Settings' Popping Up When Switching Themes?: Yes, Themeswitcher will change themes without settings popup, I've tried it out. No need to install this program, it's portable, you just make a shortcut with it with the command in it, like shown above. If you don't want to use it, it's your choice.. For now, I don't...