Windows 10: Easy Way To Install Windows 10 Tech. Preview On My ASUS T100TA

Discus and support Easy Way To Install Windows 10 Tech. Preview On My ASUS T100TA in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I've seen some post's in here concerning user's and their desire to try out windows 10 technical preview on a variety of different device's.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Davy49, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Davy49 Win User

Easy Way To Install Windows 10 Tech. Preview On My ASUS T100TA

Hi All,
    I've seen some post's in here concerning user's and their desire to try out windows 10 technical preview on a variety of different device's. I'm in that same group..of course I'm using the tech. preview (build 10049) on the my main laptop in a dual boot setup with a separate partition that has windows 10 tech. preview installed on it. But I want more..I really desire to get the preview installed on my ASUS T100TA : Notebooks & Ultrabooks | ASUS Transformer Book T100TA | ASUS USA
    , in addition to the 64 gb emmc drive that's built in, I also have a separate 64 gb micro sd card inserted into my T100TA. I really would like somehow to get this accomplished, I'm just trying to find a simple method of doing so.
    Thanks,
    David *Huh

:)

Davy49, Apr 7, 2015

2. Bluetooth Problem

Hello everybody.

This is in fact my first post. I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 on my Asus Transformer T100TA. On my past os version, i had several devices that are paired to my Asus T100TA and i was happy to notice that after i upgraded it was still there.
    But when i tried to transfer a file from my smartphone to my Asus T100TA, it didn't work. It said that i have to remove my device and then connect it again but at the same time this message flashed on the screen, a driver installation was immediately in progress
    and im not sure but i think it was someting like an OBEX push service. This driver installion was like stuck and it didnt succeed so i just thought it didnt matter so i closed it. Now when i tried to remove my smartphone from my Asus T100TA, it failed and
    now i can no longer transfer files.

NOTE: The bluetooth still turns on/off properly on my Asus T100TA.

Need some help. Thanks

Regards,

Ryann

Cris RyannYpil, Apr 7, 2015
  3. Plantje Win User
    Install KB3074678 in Windows 10 returns 0x80242fff

Today I installed Windows 10 on my Asus T100TA. If I Install KB3074678 it returns error 0x80242fff.
    Any idea? Another update did install correctly.

Plantje, Apr 7, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

The built-in 64GB storage should be enough if your intention is to replace the existing OS which I will not encourage you to do . Just wait for the final release and do an upgrade.
    I also have T100TA. But I am leaving it alone. It's just me bedtime PC. *Smile

badrobot, Apr 7, 2015
  5. Davy49 Win User
    Hi badrobot,
    I've not talked to a robot lately..ha ha, I'm just the type of guy that loves trying out / pushing thing's to their limits..except my wife of course.
    David *chuckle

Davy49, Apr 7, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    I understand but it's not gonna be worth all the trouble. Running an OS on micro-SD may not be the best idea. You will probably just get errors or BSODs due to slow read and write speeds IF you can even boot from it.

badrobot, Apr 7, 2015
  7. Davy49 Win User
    Hi badrobot,
    How about trying to create a new partition on my built in emmc drive and installing the tech. preview there ?
    Thanks,
    David *Wink

Davy49, Apr 7, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

If you have space why not. At least 25GB Partition for Win 10.

badrobot, Apr 7, 2015
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    Forget the MicroSD. It would run like molasses if at all. I have a Transformer myself and run virtual systems from an external SSD. That runs pretty good due to the USB3 port.

Just get a cheap 60GB SSD and a USB3 enclosure and then install it like this.

10. Davy49 Win User
    I'll just wait until the final release of windows 10, hopefully by then most of the 'bugs' that we are dealing with in the tech. preview will have been fixed.
    David *Wink

Davy49, Apr 9, 2015
  11. badrobot Win User

If it's officially released then you have to pay for a copy. Unless you are willing to give up your 8.1 and upgrade it to 10 for free.

What happened to " I'm just the type of guy that loves trying out / pushing thing's to their limits."?

badrobot, Apr 9, 2015
  12. Davy49 Win User
    Dear badrobot,
    You are right, I really think I'm giving up too easy on this...the good thing is I was smart enough when I purchased my T100TA to buy the 64 GB version. I guess I had the thought in my mind that in the future I would need the additional space for SOMETHING. Now if I just had a SSD like you already mentioned, I'd be set !
    Thanks,
    David *Smile

Davy49, Apr 11, 2015
  13. badrobot Win User

I am just teasing you. No pressure. *Smile

badrobot, Apr 11, 2015
  14. After crashing 10049 and 10051 , more than once, I've taken a new tack on this clean install thing.

I do the most basic install. Then I make a backup copy of it.

Then I install something and make another backup, etc, etc, etc.

Finally I installed the one thing that I thought might be causing the OS to crash........ The Classic Shell.
    I even re-activated Windows Mail, using the same technique I used on Windows 8.1.
    I can now send and receive my GMail on Windows 10, just like as if I were still on XP, using Outlook Express.

But NO CRASH! I still have some performance tweaks, that I've not installed yet. And I may not!
    Right now 10051 is running just great on this little HP Laptop made in 2010.

Laters!

*Cool

TechnoMage, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Easy Way To Install Windows 10 Tech. Preview On My ASUS T100TA - Similar Threads - Easy Install Tech

2. asus t100ta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asus t100ta: Witam posiadam laptop asus t100ta lecz gdy instalowałem w nim system po instalacja nie działa w nim toutchscreen i nie ma audio W menedżerze urządzeń pokazuje ze nie wykryto urządzenia a gdy sprawdzałem sterowniki pokazywało się ze wszystkie są pobrane W ustawniach trybu...
  3. asus t100ta

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asus t100ta: Witam posiadam laptop asus t100ta lecz gdy instalowałem w nim system po instalacja nie działa w nim toutchscreen i nie ma audio W menedżerze urządzeń pokazuje ze nie wykryto urządzenia a gdy sprawdzałem sterowniki pokazywało się ze wszystkie są pobrane W ustawniach trybu...
  4. asus t100ta

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Any easy way to manage and create preview handlers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any easy way to manage and create preview handlers?: For example, I'm using firefox as my default pdf reader, but doing so preview panel doesn't work. Another example: dwg files could open with my cad program, but preview only works with other cad vendors. I know these are more like rough edges in the products than a windows...
  6. Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...: It appears this latest build has broken the Windows 10 RSAT eval. I get errors when installing. 2919
  7. Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC: I am installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my primary PC. Am I making a mistake by doing this? 5531
  8. Cannot install Windows 10 Tech Preview on my laptop

Cannot install Windows 10 Tech Preview on my laptop: I am having trouble getting Windows 10 TP to install on my HP Pavilion zv6000 laptop. I have used this laptop to beta test Vista, Windows 7 and 8.0, as well as Office 2007 and 2010 and other software. I Did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 only to make sure I had...
  9. Installing 10 tech preview

Installing 10 tech preview: How Do I install the 10 tech preview onto the separate partition that i just created using the windows update install for tech preview 10? 3722
  10. Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips

Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips: I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my Laptop, and 8.1 x64 on our desktop. Any tips on what I should do? I don't have a USB drive or a backup CD. Should I not install it? 2389