Windows 10: Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches

Discus and support Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If like me, you prefer to use Google for searching (and if your default browser is Chrome), there are a couple of extensions that will redirect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by harpua, Aug 1, 2015.

1. harpua Win User

Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches

If like me, you prefer to use Google for searching (and if your default browser is Chrome), there are a couple of extensions that will redirect Cortana's Bing search to Google. Seems to work well so far. The one I've tried is called "Bing2Google." I would assume there probably are similar extensions for Firefox.

Another Chrome extension that accomplishes the same thing but lets you choose the search engine is "Chrometana."

:)

harpua, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Don Varnau, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Unwanted Bing!!!!!

To set Chrome as your default web browser:

Click Start > Settings > System > Default apps > scroll down and click your current web browser then choose Chrome from the list.

To set the Search box to Google, review:

Make Cortana Search Google Instead of Bing in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches

1. Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches - Similar Threads - Easy Cortana Google

2. Is it possible to make Cortana to use Google Chrome instead of Edge for web searching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make Cortana to use Google Chrome instead of Edge for web searching?: Title says it all really. Appreciate any advice! submitted by /u/Shapebuster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0epoy/is_it_possible_to_make_cortana_to_use_google/
  3. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Browser: Ever since Windows did an update, the Google Chrome browser stays at the top of my screen. I only want it pinned to the task bar at the bottom of my screen like I had it before. How do I get rid of the browser staying at the top of my screen?...
  4. How to make Google Chrome my browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Google Chrome my browser: Operating Windows 10. How do I get rid of "ASK" and make Google Chrome my main browser please? Thank you. RonB88 157876
  5. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  6. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  7. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  8. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  9. Make Chrome the default browser in start-search

in Browsers and Email
    Make Chrome the default browser in start-search: How do I make Google Chrome (rather the Edge) as the default search engine when do a Start - search request? 94202
  10. Get Cortana to use Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Cortana to use Google Chrome: Hello! I've had this fixed before, simply by having Chrome as default browser, but now it doesn't really work and I don't know why. Tried putting Edge back as default then Chrome again, even used the control panel for it but with no luck. 69643