Windows 10: Ebay Seller Said to Call Microsoft to Activate Win 8.1.. Is this True?

Discus and support Ebay Seller Said to Call Microsoft to Activate Win 8.1.. Is this True? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I contacted an ebay seller who is selling a win 8.1 product key. He emailed me saying that I need to activate the win 8.1 product key by calling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xlook, Jul 25, 2016.

1. xlook Win User

Ebay Seller Said to Call Microsoft to Activate Win 8.1.. Is this True?

I contacted an ebay seller who is selling a win 8.1 product key. He emailed me saying that I need to activate the win 8.1 product key by calling microsoft and entering the key over the phone. Is this correct? This is his entire email:

New message:
    Yes, You can use the Product Key as long it is Windows 8.1 Pro x64bit, base on my experience after installation THE MICROSOFT ACTIVATION CENTER will send you ACTIVATION ID thru activating online only, this are several block of numbers that you have to call the FREE CALL number provided by them,
    listen to the instruction, because you will be ask to estate the several block of numbers. After that you will be ask how many computer did you installed with this software, just SAY ONE. OKAY

Then you have to encode numbers of block A, block C, block D,... etc. In your computer while you are listening in the Phone, after that write the the CONFIRMATION ID on the paper BECAUSE the next time you use the PRODUCT KEY same /exact computer same OS you have already a record for your self, you can go ahead NO need for calling.

:)

xlook, Jul 25, 2016

2. N97 Where to buy

I called Orange today and they said they wont get the N97 in for weeks. Do any highstreet sellers actually have them yet? Or do I get it off eBay? Fills me with dread the latter

I want it on PAYG

simonfoy---01, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Fake? Nokia 8800 Carbon Arte

its a fake as grschinon pointed out,typical with ebay report the seller and as he said flog it off sounds bad but you got done so has alot of other people ,i hate these people that sell these fakes of a good product and ts time to take action and get these
    sellers of ebay

techbuzzireland, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

That's telling me the product key has been used to activate the Windows 8.1 on a PC already.

Who knows if it's actually been removed from their PC or not.

I'd stay clear of it to be safe.

Brink, Jul 25, 2016
  5. xlook Win User
    Yeah my gut feeling tells me the same thing.

xlook, Jul 25, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I have a family 3 pack Windows 7 retail Product Key that is now blocked from online activation because I have used it so much over the years. Because I now have Windows 10 with digital entitlements on all my computers and after July 29th will have no use for the Windows 7 Product Key, I could sell it on Ebay and say the same thing - you have to activate it over the phone. However, that would be illegal for me to do because that product key is the basis for two of my currently installed Windows 10 upgrades.

I'm guessing the product key in question on Ebay is probably in the same situation.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ebay Seller Said to Call Microsoft to Activate Win 8.1.. Is this True? - Similar Threads - Ebay Seller Said

2. Seller

in Windows 10 Customization
    Seller: Sos_pop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seller/a276ff55-5349-4347-9083-149fb7ff6f9f
  3. Seller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seller: Sos_pop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seller/a276ff55-5349-4347-9083-149fb7ff6f9f
  4. Seller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is the seller a Microsoft authorized supplier

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is the seller a Microsoft authorized supplier: I am not sure if the seller is a Microsoft authorized supplier. His products are priced very low and should be sold illegally. All his website and account information are listed below.Website https://gekeys.com/,Fackbook account...
  6. acronis true activation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    acronis true activation: hi aleykm acronis true image How do I activate 2020 version 161781
  7. ebay seller offering windows and office RETAIL licence and guarantee that you can link with...

ebay seller offering windows and office RETAIL licence and guarantee that you can link with...: ebay seller offering me 3 windows 10 RETAIL licence and guarantee me that you can link with your Microsoft Account. if i purchase this licence and if i linked 3 keys with my Microsoft account, can i own this licence forever? what happen if other party trying to use it?...
  8. I want a copy of Office Pro 19 and have a question about eBay sellers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want a copy of Office Pro 19 and have a question about eBay sellers: Are those sellers who sell unlock codes via email for $10 and $15 legitimate? Are they selling authentic codes or what? submitted by /u/sk1wbw [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1wyc8/i_want_a_copy_of_office_pro_19_and_have_a/
  9. restoring original activation status - returning laptop to ebay seller

restoring original activation status - returning laptop to ebay seller: Hello, my first post on this forum. I bought a laptop from a private seller on ebay. Unfortunately, there are too many issues with it which were not mentioned in the description, so it does need to go back to the seller as "not as described". I don't want the seller to be...
  10. Legit seller of Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legit seller of Microsoft Office: Is CSPCart a legit seller of Microsoft products (Office 2016)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/legit-seller-of-microsoft-office/84fff44d-8f58-431f-9a4d-024c41204925