Windows 10: .ecc Extension: Trojan ? Can't Seem To Delete Them ? Help please

Discus and support .ecc Extension: Trojan ? Can't Seem To Delete Them ? Help please in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I received an eMail from a friend who said that any file with an .ecc extension is one of those Crypto ransom ware trojans. True ? My... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robert11, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Robert11 Win User

.ecc Extension: Trojan ? Can't Seem To Delete Them ? Help please

Hello,

I received an eMail from a friend who said that any file with an .ecc extension is
    one of those Crypto ransom ware trojans.

True ?

My old PC7 PC was wiped out, literally, a few months ago, so I am
    literally paranoid about this.

Used Agent Ransack to search for *.ecc and found over a thousand of them.

I tried deleting them from Agent Ransack directly by selecting (they turn blue) them and
    doing a delete, but they keep reappearing: they don't seem to be deleted.

They do not appear in the Recycle bin. Why ?

What is happening, please ?

a. How can I definitely and permanently delete these over a thousand .ecc extension files ?
    Way too many to do individually.

b. Why do they keep re-appearing ?

c. I'm using the paid vers. of BitDefender, but apparently it did not find anything wrong

Would really and truly appreciate any help, what to do, what is going on, etc.

Thanks ,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 6, 2015

2. Hide icons from other apps on N8

Accessing the N8 disk units I can move, delete copy ecc almost all files (not system ones) but I can't make properties on them but only on my computer before moving.

OrangeDevil, Dec 6, 2015
  3. How to remove malware and virus on Windows 10

I have a problem....I allowed a Trojan and, what it says, Backdoor virus on Windows Defender and I now need to delete it....but can't find out how. They aren't in exclusions. The only way I see them is if I go in history and click on the allowed items and
    view details at the bottom. And I can't unallow them, to get the Windows Defender to delete them. Please help!

Original title: Malware and virus

DustyDiede, Dec 6, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

The *.ecc extension is either TeslaCrypt or Alpha Crypt.
    You might have a read here:
    TeslaCrypt and Alpha Crypt Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

If you have an active infection, more and more *.ecc files will continue to show up as the infection continues to encrypt your files.

I'm not familiar with Agent Ransack. I see it's a powerful search utility, but does it also allow you to delete files once it's found them?

It's my understanding that Bitdefender protects against TeslaCrypt.

simrick, Dec 6, 2015
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    Be aware that .ecc files are also used by some legitimate programs. But with crypto viruses running rampant on the web, it would be a good idea to be wary of any you find.

.ecc Extension:  Trojan ?  Can't Seem To Delete Them ?  Help please [​IMG]
    file extension ecc Ecchi image file file extension ecc dvdisaster error-correction file file extension ecc Cryptolocker or TeslaCrypt virus encrypted file

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. .ecc Extension: Trojan ? Can't Seem To Delete Them ? Help please - Similar Threads - ecc Extension Trojan

2. Powershell.exe *Trojan Virus*.. ? PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell.exe *Trojan Virus*.. ? PLEASE HELP: I have a virus that i first believed to be adware/malware, I'm still relatively new to delving deep into computer knowledge, novice for sure. I was able to track its origin to a shader pack for Minecraft java. The virus is using powershell.exe to run quick commands at random...
  3. Powershell.exe *Trojan Virus*.. ? PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell.exe *Trojan Virus*.. ? PLEASE HELP: I have a virus that i first believed to be adware/malware, I'm still relatively new to delving deep into computer knowledge, novice for sure. I was able to track its origin to a shader pack for Minecraft java. The virus is using powershell.exe to run quick commands at random...
  4. Powershell.exe *Trojan Virus*.. ? PLEASE HELP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!: I was messing around with a random file I had on my pc, it was an important file to the pc and the pc still functions fine. While i was messing around, I renamed it to have .zip at the end. It wasn't working anymore, so I just decided to delete it. It gave me the notification...
  6. Deleted Files - Can't Recover - Please Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Files - Can't Recover - Please Help: Okay last night or a few days ago, depends on when someone answers my computer needed a reset because of a blackout nice work Microsoft, I have spent two days trying to recover my files games, apps, work notes and nothing has worked. I've tried Disk-Drill, but nothing I had...
  7. Firefox has deleted all extensions and won't reload them

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox has deleted all extensions and won't reload them: Something has happened to Firefox where it's deleted all of my extensions Ad Block Plus, UBlock Origin, etc. and if I try and go reinstall them I get an error message saying "download failed, check your connection". I've never seen this happen before. I've restarted the...
  8. Memory ID-ECC or non-ECC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory ID-ECC or non-ECC?: I thought I had 16GB of RAM, but two of my four cards are only 1 GB. I'd like to replace them but I can't recall whether I have ECC or non-ECC RAM. Is there an easy way to check? 84376
  9. Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!: I've tried instruction after instruction and cannot delete a file. It's from a programme called Solidworks, and is left in the programme file called 3ds Light.otf. I've tried deleting in Safe mode Using deleting/unlocking utlities File Assassin and Unlocker Disabled...
  10. .ecc Extension And Deleting ?

in Windows 10 Support
    .ecc Extension And Deleting ?: Hello, Heard that anything with a .ecc extension is a crypto virus, so i did a search. Found over a thousand of them ! So I tried deleting them, to the Recyle Bin. They don't show up there, at all. In Agent Ransack, they now seem to come up as:...