Windows 10: edge addons ?.

Discus and support edge addons ?. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi. Is edge allowing install addons ?. if yes how ?. Thanks. 14210 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mailaty, Aug 7, 2015.

1. mailaty Win User

edge addons ?.

Hi.

Is edge allowing install addons ?.
    if yes how ?.

Thanks.

:)

mailaty, Aug 7, 2015

2. jean b

If you are referring to "Edge" browser that feature is not part of Edge yet.

Of course you can find "manage addons" in IE11 browser in menu settings. IE11 is included windows 10. Just type "ie11" in search icon.

Jmarco0921, Aug 7, 2015
  3. neilpzz Win User
    How to Remove LogMeln from computer & toolbar

Is there an item in Programs & Features in Control Panel.

If not in IE you should be able to select the gear wheel and select Manage Addons. Select the LogMeIn addon and disable it.

If it's in Edge right click the button and remove it.

neilpzz, Aug 7, 2015
  4. edge addons ?.

Hi, welcome to the forum

addons are not available yet, its a feature coming soon

paulsalter, Aug 7, 2015
  5. mailaty Win User
    Thanks.

mailaty, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Antilope Win User
    Windows 10 was rushed to market. Many features will be added later. Edge is one of those components of Windows 10 that is not yet complete.

Antilope, Aug 30, 2015
  7. mailaty Win User
    Still waiting ....................

mailaty, Oct 6, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

edge addons ?.

And, you will be waiting for a bit more. The insiders might get access to them in a build or so and the non-insiders will not get them until November at the soonest.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 6, 2015
  9. Yes and it will be worth waiting for as Edge is far better than IE11.

hTconeM9user, Oct 6, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Huh???
    Last night when I tried to watch the live event, Edge kept buffering(I have fiber optic).
    IE doesn't let you go full screen for certain internet video, like last night, but didn't crash or buffer.
    I had to switch to Chrome to watch.

edge addons ?. [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 6, 2015
  11. Add-ons will be a nice addition when they arrive

But for me it really needs a lot more work (mainly reduce the size of the ridiculous UI elements)

paulsalter, Oct 6, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree as far as Edge being a nice new browser but it needs work to match either FF or Chrome. And I still am amazed that MS did have a better team working on Edge to get it going better/faster.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 6, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

edge addons ?.

In the short time it's been out, it has come further than Vivaldi did in the same time(which to even install was a heroic effort in the beginning). In build 10558 it has thumbnails in the tabs, just they stay thumbnails and not like in the taskbar, on a mouse over, you see the whole page. It goes to a site quick, but if this site is FULL of adds, or has a video player in it, it takes quite a while to fully render. I just use it enough that Microsoft gets some metrics, but not for day to day browsing, And yes I have already sent the metrics for yesterdays lousy performance while trying to watch their event.

Cliff S, Oct 6, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    But we're talking about MS,... they have the recourses to get the best to get this project up and going faster then they have to date. And I bet they had to have an inclining that IE11 was on the way out one way or another so MS should have started this project much sooner.

Just a thought..
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 6, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Hey Jeff I looked at what caused the crashes, it was the iertutil.dll(Internet Explorer Run Time Utility library), as much as I love my IE, maybe they just have to cut ties with it sooner*Sad, so Edge will run smoother. For a couple of minutes live stream 40 crashes(not really crashes but the cause of the constant buffering. Kill IE go full Edge, and eliminate the problematic library. But it doesn't(can't9 work that way. Oh well I just keep using it and sending my telemetrics*Nerd, . I find the picture rendering and video(when it wants to work) much better than the other browsers. For add-ons I would only need skype, and maybe a couple of skins, and I'll be good(maybe some tracking protection like in IE too).

Cliff S, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

edge addons ?.

1. edge addons ?. - Similar Threads - edge addons

2. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  3. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  4. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. MS Edge addon icons too spaced out.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge addon icons too spaced out.: I have several addon icons on the toolbar and they take up a lot of space (width). The gap between the icons is very wide. Is there any way to reduce the space between them? Edge Version 86.0.622.69 (Official build) (64-bit) Windows 10 20H2 (19042.630) 168502
  7. AI-powered writing assistant - Linguix Microsoft Edge Addon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AI-powered writing assistant - Linguix Microsoft Edge Addon: submitted by /u/CharlCrla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2xmil/aipowered_writing_assistant_linguix_microsoft/
  8. Is there a Chome browser addon or extension like the MS Edge's "Share" feature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a Chome browser addon or extension like the MS Edge's "Share" feature?: The only feature I can't do without is Microsoft Edge browser's share feature which shares webpage links with a high-res preview thumbnail and a well-formatted preview text/title. This is ideal for sharing YouTube videos. I've seen some share features like Android mobile web...
  9. Microsoft Edge Addons store is now open for submissions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Addons store is now open for submissions: Starting today, the Microsoft Edge Addons store is now open for submissions for all developers. This is where users will find your extensions for the new Microsoft Edge. You can submit your extensions today by visiting the Partner Center Developer Dashboard. In most cases,...
  10. No windows edge addons mean no windows edge at all !

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows edge addons mean no windows edge at all !: Unless you want to brows through adds and spams and not be able to use your favorite addons to enter password, make youtube play in HD, use your download manager, ...etc you will not want to use edge! Now this is a shame as edge seems to be a great browser and work much...