Windows 10: Edge always opens with old tabs

Discus and support Edge always opens with old tabs in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cfourkays, Jun 13, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

Edge always opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    http://www.google.com"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jun 13, 2018

2. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    "Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2018
  4. PamHogg Win User

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

PamHogg, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge always opens with old tabs - Similar Threads - Edge always opens

2. In Edge, why two blank tabs always open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Edge, why two blank tabs always open: I have my Tabs all over on the left side of the screen. When I click on the + to open up a new tab, that new tab will open up but there's always the second new tab that will be added just below the new one I just opened. Is that normal and if not, what do I do to stop that....
  3. In Edge, why two blank tabs always open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Edge, why two blank tabs always open: I have my Tabs all over on the left side of the screen. When I click on the + to open up a new tab, that new tab will open up but there's always the second new tab that will be added just below the new one I just opened. Is that normal and if not, what do I do to stop that....
  4. In Edge, why two blank tabs always open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Google opening tabs in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google opening tabs in Edge: I use Microsoft Edge & lately Google has been opening search tabs on it's own. It's like it is on a timer. I've ended up with as many as 8 new tabs at one point before I would close them. When I'm in the middle of something & it decides it's time to open a new tab it...
  6. Opening edge with set tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening edge with set tab: I am running Edge Chromium at the moment and when I close down it shuts all opens tabs - I don't have a problem with that but what I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting...
  7. edge browser always open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    edge browser always open: When I scan my system with the firewall I receive the message that my edge browser is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/50cde4ff-56e8-4eeb-97fd-fb9518c2f000"
  8. edge browser always open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge browser always open: When I scan computer with my firewall that the edge browser is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/083c9731-22ea-45bc-b136-050b9261fbdd
  9. edge browser always open

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge browser always open: when I scan with my firewall I receive message edge browse open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/f6beb25b-7d07-4fb4-9168-4c09402473f8
  10. Edge opens with old tabs

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge opens with old tabs: Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and everything closes. Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open. I've restored Edge to defaults. In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge always opens an old web site

2. old tabs always restored

3. edge open always

4. when i open edge it opens old windows