Edge always opens with old tabs

Discus and support Edge always opens with old tabs in Browsers and Email on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cfourkays, Jun 14, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    http://www.google.com"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jun 14, 2018
  2. Pawan Dhondiyal Win User

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    "Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2018
  4. PamHogg Win User

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

PamHogg, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Edge always opens with old tabs - Similar Threads - Edge always opens

1. How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?

in Browsers and Email
    How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?: Hi, I hope the title says enough, obviously windows 10. How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install? Thanks 112745
  2. Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser: Microsoft is betting big on Edge browser in the fight against third-party alternatives like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The company appears to be improving the Settings page in Edge browser with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update, and while it’s a minor change, but it still...
  3. Edge users should apply last Patch Tuesday updates (6/12/18)

in Browsers and Email
    Edge users should apply last Patch Tuesday updates (6/12/18): Important vulnerability patched in last Tesday's patches. You should apply the patches if you have not already done so. *ArrowMicrosoft Edge users should patch to avoid data-scraping Wavethrough vulnerability - TechRepublic *ArrowCumulative Update KB4284835 Windows 10 v1803...
  4. Edge Opening Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Opening Problem: When I open Edge the image appears fleetingly on the screen, disappears and then re-opens. Any ideas please? 112330
  5. Edge always says "Can't reach this page" and won't work

in Browsers and Email
    Edge always says "Can't reach this page" and won't work: Hi all, I'm an insider running build 16257, and have a problem. I have two insider computers, but one has a problem. Whatever url I may enter or click any bookmark, it says "Can't reach this page" and won't work. How can I fix this? sfc /scannow found no problems....
  6. A way to overide Windows always bogging down due to IE or Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    A way to overide Windows always bogging down due to IE or Edge?: Even a fresh install of Windows 10, I have noticed, much as in past versions of windows but seems to be much worse with the Edge browser, that some webpages seem to REALLY bog it down, like somes pages from MSN.com and others...as in years past NOTHING will really go forward...
  7. Win10 always reverting to its own graphic and pdf apps (Photos & Edge)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 always reverting to its own graphic and pdf apps (Photos & Edge): To who may solve this problem: Since upgrading (much to my will) to Win 10, I have been confronted with a highly vexing situation. Indeed, whatever I do or tweak, either directly with a right click or via Control Panel, using various methods to dedicate a certain file...