Windows 10: Edge always says "Can't reach this page" and won't work

Discus and support Edge always says "Can't reach this page" and won't work in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm an insider running build 16257, and have a problem. I have two insider computers, but one has a problem. Whatever url I may enter or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maverick6664, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Edge always says "Can't reach this page" and won't work

Hi all,

I'm an insider running build 16257, and have a problem. I have two insider computers, but one has a problem. Whatever url I may enter or click any bookmark, it says "Can't reach this page" and won't work.

How can I fix this? sfc /scannow found no problems.

Thank in advance!

EDIT: I attached a screenshot of Edge. Firefox and Chrome and other Internet apps are working fine. I checked the diskimage with "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth" and it's healthy.

:)

maverick6664, Aug 12, 2017

2. Edge Browser Not Working With Windows 10 Upgrade

I've just upgraded to Windows 10. Edge browser doesn't work, but all other browsers are working fine. Edge just says "Hmm, we can't reach this page." Windows Mail also doesn't work properly either. If I try & open a link in an email it says "You don't
    appear to be connected to the internet". And Store won't open either. It says "The server stumbled" withy an error code of 0x80072EE7. I've tried clearing the cache, cookies & browsing history in Edge & it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this annoying
    problem now ?

Peter J Atherton, Aug 12, 2017
  3. Mail and Calendar App error code 0x85050041

The links in Method 1 don't work. I am using Microsoft Edge and I get a "can't reach this page" error.

HeidiBritt, Aug 12, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Edge always says "Can't reach this page" and won't work

Tony K, Aug 12, 2017
  5. Thank you for suggestion. sfc /scannow says the system files has no inconsistency. So I tried reinstall and re-register edge as mentioned. The procedure succeeded, but Edge doesn't work yet...

One more funny thing is that "New Application Guard Window" somehow works fine.

Hmmm....

Regards,

6. Tony K Win User
    That's strange. The only thing I can think of is running the network troubleshooter.

Control Panel > Troubleshooting > Connect to the Internet.

Tony K, Aug 12, 2017
  7. I tried it now, but it says no problem found.....sigh Actually other browsers (chrome, firefox) and email program (Thunderbird) work fine.

8. Tony K Win User

Is Edge set as your default browser?

Tony K, Aug 12, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    Learning about Edge, Bob? *Wink

Tony K, Aug 12, 2017
  10. No. That's the good thing to me *Smile So don't worry so much.

BTW I posted this problem on Microsoft tech forum also, and the Microsoft guy asked me if I used proxy, but I don't use one.

11. Tony K Win User
    Just for grins try changing it to default just to see if that works. I'm curious. You can always change it back.

Tony K, Aug 12, 2017
  12. Now I tried it, but things didn't change. Edge can't connect to any site. It looks like it is cut off from the Internet.

13. Edge always says "Can't reach this page" and won't work

I want to wait for the next build. It will soon be released.

14. For a change, I will reinstall this build using iso I made. Nowadays it's convenient.

15. Tony K Win User
    Sounds like a good plan. At least Edge is safe in that it can't connect to the Net. *Biggrin

Good luck to you. Please let us know your results. Catch you later.

Tony K, Aug 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Edge always says "Can't reach this page" and won't work - Similar Threads - Edge always says

2. Hmmm… can't reach this page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hmmm… can't reach this page: Hmmm… can't reach this pageCheck if there is a typo in provisioning.sharepointpnp.com.If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN...
  3. Hmmm… can't reach this page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hmmm… can't reach this page: Hmmm… can't reach this pageCheck if there is a typo in provisioning.sharepointpnp.com.If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN...
  4. Can't reach this page: iluhruhru.xyz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reach this page: iluhruhru.xyz: I've started getting this weird message saying:Hmmm... can't reach this pageIt looks like the webpage at http://iluhruhru.xyz/pg/?to=https%3A%2F%2Fir3.xyz%2F62c6ffa6b8dcb might be having issues or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.Using Windows 11 and...
  5. Can't reach this page: iluhruhru.xyz

Can't reach this page: iluhruhru.xyz: I've started getting this weird message saying:Hmmm... can't reach this pageIt looks like the webpage at http://iluhruhru.xyz/pg/?to=https%3A%2F%2Fir3.xyz%2F62c6ffa6b8dcb might be having issues or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.Using Windows 11 and...
  6. Hmmmmm......can't reach this page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hmmmmm......can't reach this page: Please, someone help me fix this problem. I have tried everything I know of and I still keep getting this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hmmmmmcant-reach-this-page/ca9e0fab-3a10-4775-8dc8-2d012e77faa9
  7. Hmmmmm. Page can't be reached.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hmmmmm. Page can't be reached.: CONSTANTLY getting a message saying " Hmmmmm. Can't reach this page". Says I should try searching, for the exact web address I typed, on Bing. Or I should try refreshing the page. Neither option works. What in the world is going on with my computer??...
  8. Can't Reach This Page Securely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Reach This Page Securely: Does anyone have a definitive answer to solve this problem. I cannot login to PayPal as it says my security settings are out of date or inadequate. Also can't access a local newspaper's electronic edition. I've checked my TSL settings and versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 are...
  9. Can't Reach This Page

Can't Reach This Page: I keep getting Can't Reach This Page every time I right click and then click open new tab. How come? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reach-this-page/5acf2d4f-66a2-484c-ab64-19d7a2a1fbee
  10. Edge Hmm can't reach this page message.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Hmm can't reach this page message.: Ever since the last Windows 10 update I am constantly getting the Hmm can't reach this page message. I have researched this and followed all the suggestions but none of them work. My broadband connection speed is good. The web pages will eventually load after I refresh. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge cant reach this page refresh always works