Windows 10: Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ?

Discus and support Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've just tried adding 'Bing Translate' which is an App from the store. The App was located and installed via the new extensions tab under 'settings in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mooly, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Mooly Win User

Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ?

I've just tried adding 'Bing Translate' which is an App from the store. The App was located and installed via the new extensions tab under 'settings in Edge.

Question... I was expecting the App to show in the browser and to be useable from the browser. I imagined I would be able to swipe text on a page, right click and select 'Translate'. Am I wrong in that assumption ?

The App has installed and is usable (and its really good) via the normal Windows search box but it seems totally disconnected from Edge. I really thought I could just use it from Edge as and when needed. As it is, I have to copy the text, open the app and then paste the text in.

Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ? [​IMG]

:)

Mooly, Aug 3, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Newbie wants to install some sort of Ad Blocker to my new WIN10 / Edge computer

Microsoft Edge does not yet support extensions, so there is no ad blocker for Microsoft Edge.

Over the summer, Edge is scheduled to receive support for extensions. Once that happens it won't be long until ad blockers are available for Edge.

Until then, if you want to block ads use Firefox or Chrome as your browser.

BulldogXX, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Nilesh_k Win User
    how to add extension/add-one in edge browser

I am facing problem with adding extension in edge browser. can u

tell me for how to add extension in edge browser????

Nilesh_k, Aug 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Microsoft Translate. This useful extension will translate foreign language pages for over 50 languages. When you encounter a page in a different language, the Microsoft Translator icon will appear in the address bar; just click it to instantly translate the page to your currently configured language.

- might be nearer what you want. But page translation... it works.

( = Search Store for Edge, look for Translator for MS Edge)

(Or use e.g. Firefox + add-ons to translate specifically selected text !!!)

I found clicking 'Get extensions' opened Store basically blank- I'd hoped for a list of available extensions; this means knowing which extensions are available, then searching. Hmm.

Note experience here:
    Solved The new extensions for Edge don't work - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Aug 3, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    There are two Microsoft Translators in the Windows Store.

A Microsoft Translator App where you can type, speak, use the camera and it will translate for you (on Windows Phone for example, you can use the phone camera to view a menu and it'll overlay the translation in real time on top of the menu). This app is in the store at the following link:

Bing Translator:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfj3pg

The other is a Translator For Microsoft Edge where you can highlight text in a web page, right-click and translate, or click a button that appears to the right of the browser address bar to translate the entire page. This app is in the store at the following link:

Translator For Microsoft Edge:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh4n4n3

Go to the two links above and see which one you have installed. I think you've installed the app but not the Edge Extension, which is separate.

ARC1020, Aug 4, 2016
  6. I have the one for Edge installed and it stays there also if you click on options and put a tick in the box, then as soon as you go onto a foriegn page it will translate it for you straight away

hTconeM9user, Aug 4, 2016
  7. Mooly Win User
    Thanks guys. It was the first one (Bing Translate) that I had installed. When searching for apps in the store via the new 'Extensions' tab in Edge, that second one doesn't show up. I've installed it from Arc's link though *Smile

The Bing one is fantastic, not so sure about the other though. I just tried it on some Russian text and see that it overwrites the text on the web page.

This shows the text I highlighted for translation and what both made of it.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ? - Similar Threads - Edge adding extension

2. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  3. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  4. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Edge's extensions menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge's extensions menu.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5r058/edges_extensions_menu/
  6. Edge Extensions

Edge Extensions: Hi, While regularly browsing with the new Edge I end up with around 90 or so process for around 30ish tabs. These 90 processes bring the app to an absolute crawl using roughly 70% cpu usage on a 3930k and around 70% memory usage on 32gb ddr3 ram. I feel like this is most...
  7. Edge extensions

Edge extensions: Is there still no way to stop Edge from turning off extensions automatically? I use an S/MIME extension that it likes to turn off and it's a pain in the ass to have to shut everything down and log back into my work email every time it does it. submitted by /u/dronesitter...
  8. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  9. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  10. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webroot filter edge app

2. webroot for microsoft edge extension

3. webroot for edge