Windows 10: Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%

Discus and support Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97% in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Now i'm using windows 10 but I had this problem also when using windows 8.1pro. The windows 81.pro I have the original dvd here and I tried few times... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Chocolade, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Chocolade Win User

Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%

Now i'm using windows 10 but I had this problem also when using windows 8.1pro.
    The windows 81.pro I have the original dvd here and I tried few times to make clean install.
    Also windows 10 I got it free online and the same problem.

For example now i'm using Edge I have two windows opened in one I have 10 tabs open and in the other I have like 20 tabs open. But the problem happen also with two windows and 6 tabs open in each one.

The problem is that once I start Edge or Chrome on windows 81.pro or windows 10 I see in Task Manager that the memory usage is about 60%. Then after some times without doing anything special the memory usage raise to 80-85% then ine many cases also to 96-97-98%.

Now and in most of the times I have in the background a game running in this case battlefield bad company 2 that take about 600-800MB of memory.
    But it happen even if I close the game.

The only way to push the memory usage down is in the task manager to shut down the Edge/Chrome and all it's tabs.
    Then to start the browser again.
    I tested my pc with memtest I don't have any memory errors.
    I don't have any blue screens. Can't figure out where is the problem.
    My brother have like 10-15 years old pc then my one with 4GB ram and he can open like 20 tabs of chrome without a problem.

While the memory usage raise to 85-98% everything is running slow all the pc is slow almost freezing.

Before finding a fix I was wondering if there is a way to dig and find what cause the problem.
    And also if there is any fix already i would like to know about since i couldn't find anything yet.

:)

Chocolade, Mar 30, 2016
  2. Alexu88 Win User

PC Gaming

But after i exit the game it shows like before, 12% mem usage, it can also be a memory leak? I thought memory leaks is when all ram is used, it can be memory leak even if your ram is free?

Alexu88, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Recent Week of September 25, 2017 Windows 10 update has made computer almost unuseable

Uninstalling Update KB4038788 appears to have improved things. Winsrcsrv is not at 99% CPU when I open task manager. The usual Memory usage is high but that is usual when I have the horrible Edge browser open with all of its memory leaks. Disk usage is
    now normal and not at 100% like it was.

Am I the only person reporting this issue?

Thanks,

Gary

MS DCS Sr PM, Mar 30, 2016
  4. Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%

It also depends, what kind of and how many extensions you have.
    Some of them might be causing it, try to temporarily disable all.
    Finding a cause can be difficult, you can try CleanMem Free.

TairikuOkami, Mar 30, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%

1. Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97% - Similar Threads - Edge Chrome memory

2. Memory Leak/Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak/Usage: HiJust by looking at the task manager I can see there is a high memory usage but I can't identify what program is consuming the memory. Is there another application that can help to identify what program is using excess ram? After restarting my memory usage goes back to...
  3. Memory Leak/Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak/Usage: HiJust by looking at the task manager I can see there is a high memory usage but I can't identify what program is consuming the memory. Is there another application that can help to identify what program is using excess ram? After restarting my memory usage goes back to...
  4. Memory Leak, 100% Usage!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory Leak, 100% Usage!: Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum or any forum to be exact however I could not find a working solution to my current problem that I have had for a couple of days now, see what's happening is that I have an incredibly large RAM usage for no known reason nonp -...
  5. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  6. High CPU usage & Memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage & Memory leak: Hello, I've a leak memory and high CPU from lanmanServer and System ntoskrnl.exe. The system ntoskrnl.exe is on 19%-20% CPU usage all the time and the Lanmanserver is starting from 40MB RAM and will continue until the Memory usage will be full and eventually the machine...
  7. Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak: [ATTACH] OK so for the past few weeks I've been having problems with high memory usage. As you can see here with no applications open it's running at 88% but with Chrome and Discord it's above 95%. My computer has 16GB of RAM and I've never had this problem before. I've...
  8. is this memory leak?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  9. edge leaking memory

in Browsers and Email
    edge leaking memory: Build 10240 on the pro 3, this keeps happening then fan kicks in and goes crazy, cant be right?!!! 8565
  10. Memory leak (usage gradually increases)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak (usage gradually increases): Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have noticed something. The memory usage gradually increases over time (starts off just under 30%, takes only a few days to climb to 50%, depending on how many programs I use) and I inevitably have to reboot, after which the whole cycle...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge is using up 97% of laptops 8GB memory