Windows 10: Edge and Cortana have gone missing

Discus and support Edge and Cortana have gone missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Around the same time that Store apps would not download or update, Edge disappeared from my PC. How do I restore it? Also, I think this may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Apr 9, 2017.

1. clayto Win User

Edge and Cortana have gone missing

Around the same time that Store apps would not download or update, Edge disappeared from my PC. How do I restore it?

Also, I think this may be connected too? I cannot sign in to Cortana, which I used frequently for Searching and for setting Reminders, and I no longer get the Notifications in the Action Centre. If I use voice to ask Cortana something she says 'OK, once I have signed in.'

:)

clayto, Apr 9, 2017

2. Problem After Update

Hi Thanks For the reply..

Actually now my Start menu is working bt - Cortana.. MIcrosoft Edge- Store all gone missing. All other options are working. I had followed this link

I followed those steps and now my Start menu is working., but Store-Cortana-Edge all these gone missing! I have attached the Print Screen of my Start menu. Please check that., u could witness missing of those i mentioned above.
    Edge and Cortana have gone missing [​IMG]

Ashik MohamedIqbal, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Cortana Missing

It didn’t help. As I told you in the previous mail there is no microphone sign and no Cortana circle on the search bar. I was thinking to uninstall updates and reinstall them. Before the factory reset Cortana was there and was working . Please suggest
    something else.

Cortana Missing, Apr 9, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Try running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt and see if it reports any errors.

swarfega, Apr 9, 2017
  5. clayto Win User
    Elsewhere on this site there is a question from me asking what to do if a SFC scan reports that it can not repair some of the errors it has found (the logs are incomprehensible to such as I !).

clayto, Apr 9, 2017
  6. clayto Win User
    The imminent Creators update is going to add new features to both Edge and Cortana ---I am wondering what the consequences will be of their being damaged on my machine?

clayto, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Try this tool for Cortana and start menu http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...rtmenu.diagcab

For edge open a powershell with admininstrators and run

Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\windows\systemapps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode[/quote]

positronic, Apr 10, 2017
  8. clayto Win User

The fix for Start Menu / Cortana has not worked.

Edge is back, complete with my Favourites and Extensions ---- thank you!

I have a 'cutch' of issues ---- one by one I am resolving them with the help of advice. It is greatly appreciated.

clayto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge and Cortana have gone missing - Similar Threads - Edge Cortana gone

2. Cortana Missing

in Cortana
    Cortana Missing: My Laptop Cortana is missing any ideas pls ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-missing/92d293bb-d5d4-4441-91f0-42d69425d6d9
  3. Cortana Is gone

in Cortana
    Cortana Is gone: My Cortana disappeered it is not in my apps either i Looked online but i got no answer that would work can someone help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-gone/e6bf00cc-e2a8-461b-8a57-25d2dc30967c
  4. Cortana gone?

in Cortana
    Cortana gone?: Hi there, I try to activate Cortana on my Surface Book 3, but without success. I tried all the tipps on the internet, even tried to reinstall Cortana. But nothing works out. Windows 10, Latest updates. Any hints? Win + s does not open Cortana no Cortana Setting in...
  5. Cortana missing, searchUI.exe gone, Start Menu crashes

in Cortana
    Cortana missing, searchUI.exe gone, Start Menu crashes: Hello everyone, I'm a part of Windows Insider Programme and I do not know if that influences my issue in any way. I own a Dell XPS 9560 with 19041.84 build. I already went back on the update when I realised there was something wrong, but it did not help. Now I have all the...
  6. Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing: So I just installed Microsoft 10. i set it up and once I got in, I’m missing my search bar, edge and cortana, I right clicked on taskbar and clicked show on search bar and when i click it it doesnt let me search, and I have a bunch of weird widgets on my Start.[IMG]...
  7. cortana is missing

in Cortana
    cortana is missing: i cannot find cortana anywhere on my system at all, so i can not activate her. can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-missing/39068d54-b536-49ca-82d3-9ae49a166640"
  8. Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?: Apologies for asking such a simple question. I have recently had to move to a new laptop, which has WIN 10 Home on it and I have found all sorts of things that are different from WIN 10 Pro, which I am used to. At the moment, I cannot locate the icons below in MS Edge. What...
  9. Edge and Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Cortana: I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I have Cortona enabled but no Cortona or Cortona suggestions. A bit more info I found. Can anyone confirm this with their...
  10. Cortana gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana gone: Did the anniversary update and it removed Cortana, Microsoft support is useless . it is still in the all app list but when i click on it all i can do is search windows files 58794