Windows 10: Edge and Cortana

Discus and support Edge and Cortana in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jerrythesurfer, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Edge and Cortana

I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I have Cortona enabled but no Cortona or Cortona suggestions.

A bit more info I found. Can anyone confirm this with their Edge browser? I can highlight a word and then right-click and I get a pop-up where I can pick Cortana to give me more info on that word. However what does not work (or is not a feature) is that Cortana does never display the "Cortana Circle" that I can click for example when I am looking at a restaurant's web site. I thought that was a feature and if it is I can't seem to get that to work.

Can anyone assist?

:)

Jerrythesurfer, Jul 30, 2015

2. Cortana on Edge

My Edge doesn't has Cortana. How do I get Cortana on Edge ?

TINKERBLINKSNOWYTOES, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Why does Cortana use Google on my laptop, but Bing on my other devices?

You missed the point, he wants to use Google on both devises and wants Cortana and IE and Edge to use Google.

IE is easily set to google but not Edge or Cortana. Tried in Edge and Google or any other option is not listed

can't find where to switch edge or Cortana to Google Search

Mikehatesbing, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Edge and Cortana

1. Edge and Cortana - Similar Threads - Edge Cortana

2. Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update: Hello. I updated my computer yesterday with an automatic update. When I logged in this morning, Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge were not working. I'm not sure what to do, and google is giving me answers from 3 years ago. This only happened...
  3. Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently: Hi, How I can remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge permanently from Windows 10 Pro? I did this successfully by renaming specific folder in "systemapps". But after feature updates installation, it started to work again. Please guide how can i permanently remove Cortana & EDGE...
  4. Start menu, cortana and edge not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, cortana and edge not working: So i have an msi laptop which has been amazing, i stopped using it for a while, decided id start it back up. I did a system refresh, removing everything so i could start fresh, set it all up and my start button doesn't work, so i reset and still nothing... i have watched so...
  5. Cortana, Windows Edge, Start Menu, and other input fields not accepting input, but all...

in Cortana
    Cortana, Windows Edge, Start Menu, and other input fields not accepting input, but all...: Hello. A laptop with Windows 10 Home has a bizarre problem where the Cortana. Edge browser, and other input fields within the operating system don't take keyboard input. Yet all other programs like Microsoft Word or the Chrome or Firefox browsers all operate normally....
  6. Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing: So I just installed Microsoft 10. i set it up and once I got in, I’m missing my search bar, edge and cortana, I right clicked on taskbar and clicked show on search bar and when i click it it doesnt let me search, and I have a bunch of weird widgets on my Start.[IMG]...
  7. Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....: I tried reset internet properties and Inplace Microsoft upgrade but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-not-working-in-microsoft-edge-internet/0297ef94-a40f-4378-baf1-cba90c6c75f5
  8. Cortana and Edge hanging for a long time

in Cortana
    Cortana and Edge hanging for a long time: I accidently cut the power to my desktop, and it said that the Bios was corrupted, but recovered using the secondary Bios. At first I couldnt even get into Windows, so I wiped my C drive and reinstalled windows. Once I got into Windows, everything wokred great, except Cortana...
  9. Can't access start menu, tools, cortana, Microsoft edge, or "This PC" in explorer

in Cortana
    Can't access start menu, tools, cortana, Microsoft edge, or "This PC" in explorer: Hi, I just had this issue starting 11/21/18. I noticed that I couldn't type inside the search bar, or open Cortana. I restarted the computer using Alt F4 to restart. It got hung up on restart, and closed the Dell laptop and it restarted again. Fully rebooted, got to sign in...
  10. Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana

in Cortana
    Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana: I have been burned by stuff in the Microsoft App Store and do not want to waste my time there ever again. I would sooner download some unvouched for beta package from Sourceforge or Github...or even get a "nothing found" result so that I don't go through the hassle of reading...