Windows 10: Edge and IE 11 both slow and do not display images (.jpg)

Discus and support Edge and IE 11 both slow and do not display images (.jpg) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Working on a friends computer. It came with Win 7 and was upgraded to Win 10 a month or more ago. Recently he's been complaining of Edge being very... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ztruker, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Ztruker Win User

Edge and IE 11 both slow and do not display images (.jpg)

Working on a friends computer. It came with Win 7 and was upgraded to Win 10 a month or more ago.

Recently he's been complaining of Edge being very slow and not displaying images at sites like msn.com.
    IE11 also has same problem as Edge. I've reset IE11, removed and added again via Add/Remove features.
    Google Chrome works fine.
    DISM and SFC all run clean.
    No proxy.
    ipconfig /all looks normal.
    I checked to make sure ActiveX was setup correctly.

Any suggestions on where to start looking at this? The problem seems to be common between Edge and IE11.
    I'll get the computer back next Tuesday and currently plan on saving his data (12GB or so) then doing a clean install,but I would prefer to fix the problem without an install if possible.

Edit: Just looked at msn.com page source and the images appear to be png, not jpg. Where is that controlled, Settings, System, Default Apps?????

:)

Ztruker, Jun 3, 2016

2. IE 11 and Edge having problems with Windows 10 but Chrome and FireFox don't

Why do I do have performance problems with IE 11 with Windows 10, but Crome and FireFox seem to work fine. IE 11 load very slow, edge won't loads at all, and even when they finally do, the images do not load.

D MarkHarris, Jun 3, 2016
  3. eddie460 Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 not working and freezing.

Win 10. IE 11 Have always preferred Internet Explorer (IE) over MS Edge
    Now IE stops working, slows down, freezes and other maddening things. Is Microsoft purposely doing this so we will use Edge only??

Original subject/title: IE 11

eddie460, Jun 3, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Jun 3, 2016
  5. are you able to right click and show pictures ?

gijoetech1, Jun 3, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I don't think so, but I'll verify Tuesday when I get it again.

Ztruker, Jun 3, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jun 3, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

In Internet Options >Advanced >Multimedia is the "show pictures" box checked ?

Kbird, Jun 3, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    I believe so but will check Tuesday.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge and IE 11 both slow and do not display images (.jpg) - Similar Threads - Edge both slow

2. Edge and IE both display blank screen for https://www.healthweather.us

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE both display blank screen for https://www.healthweather.us: I'm sure this may be occurring on other URLs, but this is my focus this evening, on two particular PCs, one Win 10 Pro PC 1903, one Win 10 Home 1803. I have tried this: Fix: Blank Screen or White Pages on Microsoft Edge - Appuals.com but nothing has changed. AdBlock off/on...
  3. App to display a .jpg image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App to display a .jpg image: Since I am so new I hope this post is in the correct place. Windows 10 1903 build 18362.175 Since I don't do much with images I need a simple free app to post a few pictures. Photos app doesn't work on my computer. Thanks for any help. 142971
  4. Can't get fonts to display properly in both Edge IE under Parental Controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't get fonts to display properly in both Edge IE under Parental Controls: I have Surface Pro with all the updates installed. I have set up an account for my kid and neither IE nor Edge display text properly for my kid. I'm Polish and so I use Polish language settings and both IE/Edge scrambles Polish national characters. I include...
  5. Edge and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11: When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that? How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar? 120659
  6. JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag

in Windows 10 Support
    JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag: Suddenly, vertical JPG images show thumbnail images squeezed into horizontal thumbnail JPGs. RAW files are not affected and show vertical thumbnails as expected. I do have Sagethumbs installed, so that I can see JPG thumbnail images of PSD and TIFF files. No problems with...
  7. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  8. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  9. .jpg images not displaying in browsers

in Browsers and Email
    .jpg images not displaying in browsers: W10 with latest updates. Noticed that a web site to which .jpg photos have been uploaded are only showing place holders, cannot display the actual images. Problem is across the following browsers: Edge, IE11, Firefox. Do not have chrome installed so cannot check. Another...
  10. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303