Windows 10: Edge (and IE) loading slowly and locking up?

Discus and support Edge (and IE) loading slowly and locking up? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 about 10 days ago I repeatedly experience slow Edge page loading and then Edge locking up. I am on Surface Pro. I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TRHdc, Sep 1, 2015.

1. TRHdc Win User

Edge (and IE) loading slowly and locking up?

Since upgrading to Windows 10 about 10 days ago I repeatedly experience slow Edge page loading and then Edge locking up. I am on Surface Pro. I have set my own custom start page. IE loads faster but it too periodically locks up and needs restarting. This never happened before the W 10 upgrade. Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

TRHdc, Sep 1, 2015
  2. Ruth VA Win User

How to reinstall/reset Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10?

I have found that it is possible to open Internet Explorer inside MS Edge. I conduct on line meetings in WebEx and until recently it was not compatible with Edge and so a box would pop up and suggest I opened it in IE. [As an aside that issue has now been
    resolved by WebEx] So I looked around and found opening in IE is an option if one clicks on the three dot icon ... icon on the top right of Edge.

I find there are still problems with Edge but that they are slowly being resolved by Microsoft--too slowly in my opinion!

Ruth VA, Sep 1, 2015
  3. need replacement fwbase.DLL and mfc80ITA.DLL.

Now tried Edge whilst IE still working and Edge loaded ok.

Will try at a time when IE is not loading.

MalcolmHemming, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Muffy Win User

Muffy, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Edge (and IE) loading slowly and locking up? - Similar Threads - Edge loading slowly

2. Laptop loads slowly and restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop loads slowly and restarts.: My laptop is restarting after every shut down and takes hours to load anything. This happened overnight and previously it had only taken moments to do anything. Its practically unusable now and i don't know what to do....
  3. Netflix Loads Slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netflix Loads Slowly: I have two ethernet connected Win 10 Home PC's with the Netflix app installed. Netflix has always loaded quickly on PC1. PC2 was as fast as PC1 up until one month ago. PC2 has a NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti card. Now, PC2 loads both Netflix and content very slowly (minutes). No...
  4. Edge and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11: When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that? How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar? 120659
  5. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  6. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  7. Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge: New to W10 (from W7) *Biggrin I have been searching/reading here but can't see the answer. The problem, a certain webpage and my home page My Web Page and your first step won't load in FF. I get 'Server not found' It works in Edge and I am rather new to that so prefer...
  8. Loading ie over edge

in Browsers and Email
    Loading ie over edge: Can ie 10 or 11 be loaded over edge and then set as default? My laptop came with windows 8.1 loaded and I have upgraded to windows 10 recently. I do not like the way edge functions and would like to taka step back one or two versions. I also don't like the results using the...
  9. Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally: I am having a terrible time trying to get google.com and my gmail hosted web-mail to load at a normal speed or to even load at all. I have tried both Edge and IE. I am trying to stick with these two to take full advantage of the new features in Edge. I am also having delayed...
  10. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303