Windows 10: Edge and IE11 cannot reach https://login.live.com

Discus and support Edge and IE11 cannot reach https://login.live.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I am unable to access Sign in to your Microsoft account on my desktop computer running Windows 10 on a home Ethernet network using Edge and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hussar, Aug 20, 2016.

1. hussar Win User

Edge and IE11 cannot reach https://login.live.com

Hello,

I am unable to access Sign in to your Microsoft account on my desktop computer running Windows 10 on a home Ethernet network using Edge and IE11. I am connected to the Internet through a Fritz!Box 7490 DSL connection.

I originally tried to solve this problem as a network issue - and it may still turn out to be one - but since I am able to log in to my live.com account using Google Chrome on this computer and from Linux and OS X machines on the network, I am now looking at the possibility that it is some setting shared by Edge and IE11 that is causing my problem.

A secondary effect of this problem is that I am unable to activate Office 365 products, because once I enter my account email address, the activation process wants to take me to live.com to confirm my subscription.

I have seen a number of posts on this and other sites about the "Hmm..." messages, and that's the message I am shown when I try to access login.live.com. Since, in all of the other posts, the issue was a complete inability of Edge to access the sites, this seems to me to be something different. Thus, I started a new thread rather than add to one of the others.

I will be grateful for any and all suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Cheers,

:)

hussar, Aug 20, 2016

2. cannot login to answers.microsoft.com using Edge or IE11

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I cannot login to this forum with Edge or IE11. Sometimes I get the login.live.com page, but after it sends me back to the forum I'm logged out again. In other cases the browser starts bouncing between login.live.com
    and answers.microsoft.com. It only works on Chrome and that is a shame...

With IE11 and Edge I can login to technet.microsoft.com with the same microsoft account.

Willem Weetjewel, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Can't load web page

I have a web site that I cannot reach in IE11 and Edge on Windows 10. but I can access the site using Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10. The site is www.newpfs.com. I have no issues on older versions of Windows (8.1, 7, vista and xp). In IE11 I get the "This
    page cannot be displayed" message and in Edge I get "Hmm We can't reach this page". As I said, it loads on Chrome and Firefox. I have had several other's try and the same issue occurs, on Windows 10 - IE11 and Edge - no go, but prior windows versions and Chrome
    and Firefox ok.

RichardHarten, Aug 20, 2016
  4. Edge and IE11 cannot reach https://login.live.com

Hi:

What antivirus and other security applications are you running?

MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 20, 2016
  5. hussar Win User
    I'm running McAfee's suite. But I had disabled them on an earlier troubleshooting effort.

It appears that it is now fixed. I went into the Internet Options Control Panel and deleted the history, etc. I also added TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 to the list of accepted security protocols. I am kicking myself for not having tried all of that earlier and instead going for the more complicated solutions.

Cheers,

hussar, Aug 20, 2016
  6. Ah, yes, the old "delete history" solution.
    Life is good when it's easy to solve a computer problem.*chuckle

Glad you got it sorted.
    Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 20, 2016
  7. hussar Win User
    Thanks for your readiness to help me with this issue. Sorry that the solution was something I should have already tried.

Cheers,
    Sean

hussar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge and IE11 cannot reach https://login.live.com

1. Edge and IE11 cannot reach https://login.live.com - Similar Threads - Edge IE11 cannot

2. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  3. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  4. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached: Hi,So the problem started from as follows.I have the following problems from edge://sync-internals/. i.e., I cannot sync my edgesAfter many checks, I realized that I cannot reach any of edge's server URL lised in Diagnose and fix Microsoft Edge sync issues Microsoft Docs. I...
  6. Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached: Hi,So the problem started from as follows.I have the following problems from edge://sync-internals/. i.e., I cannot sync my edgesAfter many checks, I realized that I cannot reach any of edge's server URL lised in Diagnose and fix Microsoft Edge sync issues Microsoft Docs. I...
  7. live .com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    live .com: People have to contact me first for me to be able me to reply to them.All of my contact addresses have a ; after them,started about 5 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-com/6e1ae4de-6ac2-4888-a9ee-7719173fc0e1
  8. Hmm, cannot reach this page - Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hmm, cannot reach this page - Microsoft Edge: When I began with my new system that had Windows 10 pre-installed, I had heard of the problem wherein folks were getting notices that a page could not be reached but never experienced the issue. However, of late, say within the past month or so, I am now getting this message...
  9. Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website: Edge will not connect to any website. Have reset, deleted all settings - nothing works. All other apps and browsers connect no problem. I then deleted network profile using Regedit. Hardwired Ethernet connection profile rebuilt and Edge worked briefly. But on second...
  10. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979