Windows 10: Edge and Passwords

Discus and support Edge and Passwords in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I noticed that Edge sometimes asks whether to save password and other times it doesn't. Is this normal or do I have a wrong setting somewhere? Thanks... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tony Vella, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Edge and Passwords

I noticed that Edge sometimes asks whether to save password and other times it doesn't. Is this normal or do I have a wrong setting somewhere? Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Jun 4, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge and Passwords

you keep telling me that I have an invalid emale but I use it all the time with oyhers

normedwards, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge and Passwords

I have found that in order to access apps with passwords I have to allow cookies in Edge settings. Otherwise it does not connect to the online app. Is there a way to do both?

Albert

AlbertMagadov, Jun 4, 2017
  4. Edge and Passwords

Hi CORRientes348

If it asks then the setting to ask is on. Click on three dots, upper right, then settings in drop down, scroll down, then advance settings. Scroll down and you will see the setting.

If you tell it not to ask for a site it will not ask again in the future. If you share a machine and account then maybe someone else said don't save, (don't ask).

I believe you can reset by clearing all browser data (and passwords) so it starts over. You must know your password before considering this.

It could also be possible that some sites, particularly financial site are blocking functionality. Is it a particular site or type of sites that don't ask?

I would seriously research the use of this facility and possible exploits. There is an article from ghack (article is a year old) that id software that exposed passwords. This may have been fixed.

I use a password manager and I recommend use but I use a standalone product. Many of these do the keying for you.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2017
  5. Thanks Ken. I just adopted your advice to clear out everything and start afresh. I want to give Edge a try although the missing file menu is still a'naggin' o' me.

Tony Vella, Jun 5, 2017
  6. Hi Tony

Not following your comment "missing file menu". Do you have another thread?

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2017
  7. I have been using another browser for quite a while. At the top it has another toolbar which shows menus with drop-downs as file, edit, view, etc. Edge does not offer this but I am still going to give it a go and try to do without such a toolbar/menu.

Tony Vella, Jun 5, 2017
  8. Edge and Passwords

Now I'm following. Thanks for clarifying.

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2017
  9. Edge will not remember Green-Locked URLs password. Is there some setting I am missing? Thank you.

Tony Vella, Jun 5, 2017
  10. Hi Tony.

I don't think so. Ones with Green Locks are sites using HTTPS which is basically all sites with Passwords. So then it shouldn't ask for any.

Don't have time this morning but later I will try to log in to TD Bank using Edge and see what it does.

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2017
  11. Hi Ken.
    Actually the TD Bank is the site that is giving me the problem. Edge simply will not remember the password; will not even offer the option.

Tony Vella, Jun 5, 2017
  12. Perfect. I'll test and report back. (What a fluke.)

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2017
  13. Edge and Passwords

Hi Tony. So as I suggested in my first response.....

TD is blocking this functionality. I'm going to bet because there are likely questions as to how secure these password managers are within browsers. As I also said in my first post there is an article with the ghack site that identifies software that does expose passwords stored using this method.

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2017
  14. Thanks a lot, Ken. I guess the safest way is for me to enter the passwords as I need them. I don't require to log in here and there very often and for a matter of a dozen passwords it's perhaps best to leave well enough alone.

Tony Vella, Jun 6, 2017
  15. I myself use a password manager. I not only use it for passwords but other confidential information like passport numbers, OHiP and drivers license. One place for my executor to look in this digital age to find my stuff.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 6, 2017
Thema:

Edge and Passwords

1. Edge and Passwords - Similar Threads - Edge Passwords

2. How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?: How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previously-saved-password/7c94b65c-fd98-4ad3-854b-068eb99add72
  3. How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?: How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previously-saved-password/7c94b65c-fd98-4ad3-854b-068eb99add72
  4. Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge: I had my computer worked on and somehow I am seeing multiple people's passwords in my Microsoft Edge Wallet. How do I delete more than one password at a time? If I have to, how do I delete all of them? I delete some but then they come back....
  5. Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge

Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge: I had my computer worked on and somehow I am seeing multiple people's passwords in my Microsoft Edge Wallet. How do I delete more than one password at a time? If I have to, how do I delete all of them? I delete some but then they come back....
  6. How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions...: How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions are from years ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-password-manager-on-windows-11/45e00bd8-fb6e-4011-bbec-af9e00b12b5f
  7. How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions...

How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions...: How do I access password manager on Windows 11 with Edge as the browser. Most suggestions are from years ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-password-manager-on-windows-11/45e00bd8-fb6e-4011-bbec-af9e00b12b5f
  8. Keeping iCloud password extension signed in on Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping iCloud password extension signed in on Edge: I'm using Edge on a Win 11 machine. I have added the Cloud extension to sync passwords with my iphone which works fine. However, EVERY time I open the browser, to use it, I have to type in a 6 digit code given by the icloud app. I must enter it 100 times a day! Is there no...
  9. Keeping iCloud password extension signed in on Edge

Keeping iCloud password extension signed in on Edge: I'm using Edge on a Win 11 machine. I have added the Cloud extension to sync passwords with my iphone which works fine. However, EVERY time I open the browser, to use it, I have to type in a 6 digit code given by the icloud app. I must enter it 100 times a day! Is there no...
  10. Why can someone delete all my microsoft edge passwords without asking for biometrics/password

Why can someone delete all my microsoft edge passwords without asking for biometrics/password: Why can someone delete all my microsoft edge passwords without asking for biometrics/password?Bad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-someone-delete-all-my-microsoft-edge/4ce2f9f2-93fd-461a-9ea6-97f5b180e15b