Windows 10: Edge apparently starts up at switch on.

Discus and support Edge apparently starts up at switch on. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Version 1803 (OS Build 17134. 191) HP Compaq dc7900 Ultra-Slim DesktopSerial number CZC9243Y79Product number FU039ET#ABU I don't want it to. But... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Syncopator, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Edge apparently starts up at switch on.

Version 1803 (OS Build 17134. 191)
    HP Compaq dc7900 Ultra-Slim DesktopSerial number CZC9243Y79Product number FU039ET#ABU

I don't want it to. But each time I run CCleaner to flush out cookies, it tells me that Edge needs to close and offers to do it for me.

How do I stop Edge from starting?

:)

Syncopator, Aug 27, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Edge apparently starts up at switch on.

No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Edge apparently starts up at switch on.

1. Edge apparently starts up at switch on. - Similar Threads - Edge apparently starts

2. Autostart of Edge at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autostart of Edge at start up: I've followed the instructions to make sure that Edge is not started when I start my computer in the morning.Despite "Automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them when I sign in." is Off. In fact, it has always been set to "Off", and it's extremely...
  3. Autostart of Edge at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autostart of Edge at start up: I've followed the instructions to make sure that Edge is not started when I start my computer in the morning.Despite "Automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them when I sign in." is Off. In fact, it has always been set to "Off", and it's extremely...
  4. Pop up message keeps popping up with no apparent way to switch off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up message keeps popping up with no apparent way to switch off: I am having a problem with pop up messages that keep coming on and then disappearing on my desktop. I am using Windows 11 Pro. This hasa been going on for months. It is usually a "boot up screen on/off" pop up that appears in the center of my screen or one about contrast...
  5. Pop up message keeps popping up with no apparent way to switch off

Pop up message keeps popping up with no apparent way to switch off: I am having a problem with pop up messages that keep coming on and then disappearing on my desktop. I am using Windows 11 Pro. This hasa been going on for months. It is usually a "boot up screen on/off" pop up that appears in the center of my screen or one about contrast...
  6. Blue Screen apparently by Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen apparently by Edge: Hello. I had a blue screen, one three days ago, one today. I have a full stack trace and from my brief understanding, the blue screen was caused by Edge when attempt to acquire SharedLock or something like that. The analyze commands are here:Crash dump 2021-11-26 -...
  7. Blue Screen apparently by Edge

Blue Screen apparently by Edge: Hello. I had a blue screen, one three days ago, one today. I have a full stack trace and from my brief understanding, the blue screen was caused by Edge when attempt to acquire SharedLock or something like that. The analyze commands are here:Crash dump 2021-11-26 -...
  8. Switching Accounts at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching Accounts at start up: I have just brought a new laptop and set up a microsoft account and login- all is going well but given it is a laptop to be used on the move i would like the option to sign up to a local account at start up. is there a way to set the computer up so that at start up- both...
  9. Edge apparently starts up at switch on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge apparently starts up at switch on.: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134. 191) HP Compaq dc7900 Ultra-Slim DesktopSerial number CZC9243Y79Product number FU039ET#ABU I don't want it to. But each time I run CCleaner to flush out cookies, it tells me tat Edge needs to close and offers to do so. How do I stop Edge...
  10. Microsoft Edge Start Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Start Up: I have set (in Settings) MS Edge to open with a specific page (www.bbc.com.news). However, when I open it, it displays the pages I last had opened. If I then close it and re-open it, it behaves as expected by showing the specified page. I can't see why it's misbehaving -...