Windows 10: Edge as SLOW as molasses when downloading

Discus and support Edge as SLOW as molasses when downloading in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there Edge seems as SLOW as molasses when downloading almost anything --IE11 (still !!) and Firefox MUCH MUCH faster -- same websites, download to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Nov 30, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Edge as SLOW as molasses when downloading

Hi there
    Edge seems as SLOW as molasses when downloading almost anything --IE11 (still !!) and Firefox MUCH MUCH faster -- same websites, download to SSD and same Internet speed so proper test.

The only thing I use edge for now is the built in PDF reader - otherwise it's USELESS --and if you have SKY GO you still can't use it !!!!.

(Running from latest W10 Pro X-64 updates).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 30, 2017

2. Windows 10 Slow as molasses

This is a bunch of ****. I hate Windows 10. It's capturing way too much information, it deletes my words as I type. How do I remove this junk off my PC?

AlexGuzman1972, Nov 30, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Slow as molasses

Hi,

Welcome to Windows 10 family!

Have you updated all the device drivers on the computer?

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check and install all the updates. I would also suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter by following these steps.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Step 1:

Start your computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/changing-the-start-up-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

If it works fine in safe mode, perform clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 30, 2017
  4. MrHudson Win User

I agree that Edge is slow, Downloads haven't been a problem, downloads been less than 2 minutes using Edge. it slow loading start page and browsing. clicking links from Email, it seems fairly faster than just clicking icon in task bar.

MrHudson, Nov 30, 2017
  5. Edge is fully script based, scripts are generally bad for performance, I can not even run it because of that. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge as SLOW as molasses when downloading - Similar Threads - Edge SLOW molasses

2. Pc super slow when downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc super slow when downloading: As per the title would suggest, when I try to download ANYTHING , or at least big enough to not be downloaded in less than 10 sec, my pc slow down a lot. For exemple, when I try to download something I see I'm downloading normally with maybe 50Mb/s of download, then it...
  3. Pc super slow when downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc super slow when downloading: As per the title would suggest, when I try to download ANYTHING , or at least big enough to not be downloaded in less than 10 sec, my pc slow down a lot. For exemple, when I try to download something I see I'm downloading normally with maybe 50Mb/s of download, then it...
  4. Slow as molasses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow as molasses: Hi, I have just brought my travelling laptop from the closet, where it has been sitting there for a few years. its a HP Pavillion dv7 running on Windows 10 home. I have been starting off and on for a day or so to see if still works. It does, except the initial start up or...
  5. Slow as molasses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow as molasses: Hi, I have just brought my travelling laptop from the closet, where it has been sitting there for a few years. its a HP Pavillion dv7 running on Windows 10 home. I have been starting off and on for a day or so to see if still works. It does, except the initial start up or...
  6. Slow as molasses

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Microsoft Edge download speed is slow; How to speed up downloads?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge download speed is slow; How to speed up downloads?: [ATTACH]Ever since Microsoft has released Microsoft Edge, it has been one of the best browsers in every aspect. It is also a Chromium-based web browser, that is well-known for its speeds. However. some users are experiencing a slow download speed on Edge. We have a few fixes...
  8. Microsoft Word Equation Editor is slow as molasses when initially loading the tools.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Word Equation Editor is slow as molasses when initially loading the tools.: Title pretty much says it all, it's annoying as hell. What's weird is that the equation editor on PowerPoint loads lickity split fast. What gives? Is there some kind of setting I can tweak to improve the equation editor on word? submitted by /u/mathteacher85 [link]...
  9. Fast internet but slow when downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fast internet but slow when downloading: Hi, a few days ago I managed with some help on this forum to get a 90Mbps download speed on speedtest.net, my speed was around 30Mbps. But even if the speedtest shows 90, when downloading files I cannot get more than 2,5MB/sec which is very slow, it should be around 10-11MB....
  10. Edge is slow

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is slow: My Edge seems slow. Pages only load partially, I can easily read the text and scroll up and have to wait for the rest of the page to load. I can only assume this is all because some script or other is running. Is there a way to turn this off? I remember I read a...