Windows 10: Edge Asking to Import Favorites Multiple Times

Discus and support Edge Asking to Import Favorites Multiple Times in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It seems like something may be going on with my profile. After I take my laptop home for the night and off the domain, the next day after I bring it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LouGeierJr, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Edge Asking to Import Favorites Multiple Times

It seems like something may be going on with my profile. After I take my laptop home for the night and off the domain, the next day after I bring it back in, it wants me to import my favorites again. Its happened multiple times now. Its not creating a temporary profile or anything like that.

My Clickonce applications also need to be reinstalled which leads me to believe its some kind of profile issue.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, they'd be appreciated.

:)

LouGeierJr, Jun 12, 2016

2. Losing Favorites In Edge?

All of my bookmarks are URL's and I don't have any of them on the desktop.

I've never had a problem with favorites that were imported to Chrome.

This version of Edge seemed so promising since the favorites were improved and it allows a Norton extension.

Just don't think I can deal with this Favorites issue multiple times a day.

Thanks for your input.

GeneArquilla, Jun 12, 2016
  3. falcios Win User
    Windows Edge doesn't import all links in a folder and how to open in tabs

I imported all favorites into Edge from Internet Explorer 11. In one folder, it did not copy all the links. I have tried several times to run the import and it's still not working.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can manually copy them into Edge?

I don't see in the settings how to manage tabs, I guess this feature, imo the best, is not available. Is there a workaround to open multiple links at one time?

Thanks in advance.

falcios, Jun 12, 2016
Thema:

Edge Asking to Import Favorites Multiple Times

1. Edge Asking to Import Favorites Multiple Times - Similar Threads - Edge Asking Import

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...
  4. Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge.: Hi. I'm trying to import all my currentbookmarks from I.E. Explorer into ME. Google Chrome was the source of my initial bookmarks. Here are the steps I performed. 1. Went to Google Chrome bookmarkmanager, exported a HTML file of my new bookmarks. 2. Launched Internet...
  5. 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites: Hi Everyone, Just seeing if anybody else is having issues importing I.E. favorites into Edge. When I attempt to import the favorites, it says "Couldn't Import Favorites" 7540
  6. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  7. Import Favorites some are missing in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Import Favorites some are missing in Edge: Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites from IE to Edge. I checked,...
  8. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  9. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...
  10. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...