Windows 10: Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines

Discus and support Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I wanted to ask the forum about this issue that I`ve seen with edge for some time now, to verify its a known issue or otherwise. When using... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by scoob101, Jun 4, 2018.

1. scoob101 Win User

Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines

Hi all,

I wanted to ask the forum about this issue that I`ve seen with edge for some time now, to verify its a known issue or otherwise.

When using edge to browse to any given website, on some machines, edge simply will refuse to load the site. I can force the page to load by closing edge (not rebooting) and re-opening the browser.

I get this behaviour on an old Haswell i5 Lenovo Helix and also on an Atom powered 2gb Xaomi Tablet.

I don't get this behaviour (or at least its very rare) on my Surfacebook 2.

Have seen this behaviour for some time now (well over a year, perhaps longer) and it is not remedied by a reinstall. Seems to be a bug in Edge.

Would like to understand if others see this behaviour and if theres any known remediation.

:)

scoob101, Jun 4, 2018

2. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Certain pages don't load on The Edge browser

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with certain pages don’t load on the Edge browser on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Vardhaman S” replied on August 27, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community links and check if that helps.

solved

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines

1. Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines - Similar Threads - Edge Browser fails

2. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  3. Cant access certain websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant access certain websites on all browsers: Hello,After a windows update last week I cannot access certain sites most of the time. Seldom I have access.I am dealing with it since 10 days now. can't find a working solution.Website : https://www.2dehands.be/ and https://www.lastdodo.nl/IE gives me this error : Can’t...
  4. BSOD on Certain websites on Microsoft edge

BSOD on Certain websites on Microsoft edge: Hello, I have been having this issue for a while now as a part of the windows insider program im not sure if this extends to the standard windows 10 pro distribution, But whenever i visit websites like ebay.com and aliexpress my comptuer will bluescreen, and this issue also...
  5. edge browser always open

edge browser always open: When I scan computer with my firewall that the edge browser is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/083c9731-22ea-45bc-b136-050b9261fbdd
  6. edge browser always open

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge browser always open: when I scan with my firewall I receive message edge browse open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/f6beb25b-7d07-4fb4-9168-4c09402473f8
  7. Opening specific website with a specific browser (other than Edge).

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening specific website with a specific browser (other than Edge).: I am trying to open a website (h2owirelessnow.com) with the TOR browser. Is there a way to select a link and have it open the website with a browser other than the default?...
  8. EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document: Everytime I download a pdf document within the EDGE browser, it's going to open it automatically, and then it shows this error: "Something is missing To view a PDF, you need some media functionality that you don’t currently have. You can install the Media Feature Pack...
  9. Edge will not open certain pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not open certain pages: Hi! First post here, so I apologize in advance if I break any major forum etiquette, but I am having a very certain issue with edge. It will not open any page related to Google in any way. I can't open Google Plus, the search engine, or even Google Drive. I've looked into...
  10. cant open edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    cant open edge browser: hi all;i cannot open the edge browser.The blue page only comes on for a few seconds then goes off.I have tried deleting my other browsers so edge is the only one but it still does the same thing.Would living in the uk have any bearing on this?Your help is needed. thank you...