Windows 10: Edge Browser - Fav order not saved

Discus and support Edge Browser - Fav order not saved in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am on latest Win 10 official build, but I see that still if I use Edge browser and import my favs from IE… it looses all order in which I have saved... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Craige, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Craige Win User

Edge Browser - Fav order not saved

I am on latest Win 10 official build, but I see that still if I use Edge browser and import my favs from IE… it looses all order in which I have saved them and get automatically arranged alphabet wise instead :-(

Also, sites from my fav bar. Does not appear on fav bar onEdge browser and instead appears as a folder under favorites.
    Now I have 200 plus websites in my fav so its not possibleto arrange manually.

Any solutions ?

:)

Craige, Sep 4, 2016

2. microsoft edge browser

Since upgrading to Windows10 and using Edge as my default browser, I am continually having to re-import favs from internet explorer, which in itself isn't bad, but I keep losing the favs I saved in Edge.

Why? I'd like a logical explanation why this is happening and then an appropriate remedy. Edge has the makings of being a substantially better browser but it isn't work a plug nickel and is a waste of time if it continually loses the bookmarks I've saved.
    Edge does not have its' own accessible favorites folder as does IE so making backups is atm a wish more than a reality.

GerryWard90301, Sep 4, 2016
  3. mrbill666 Win User
    Edge fav folder is empty, but I still have favs in browser, what folder are they in to do that

Some folks also had issue with importing from Chrome. The favs would come into the old folder in reverse alphabetical order. But back then you could just go to the fav folder and delete all and easily redo it. But now we cant even see the favs as they
    are in database format rather than just html links.

Pain in butt, but as I have heard they are supposed to be working on some method to "manage" them, within this database. But, will need to see.

as you say its early on and they said Edge is a work in progress. I use firefox as it has good system to manage favs and I pay to use a sync app called Xmarks ($12 yr) so I can sync across all browsers. it keeps my favs on their servers and can be synce
    to all browsers. I have 8000 favs in folders 8 levels deep. Then I also export favs as html to backup system.

But not in edge as its now different, all others just used folders full of html links

mrbill666, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Craige Win User

Bump - Anybody with a solution ?

Craige, Sep 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Edge Browser - Fav order not saved - Similar Threads - Edge Browser Fav

2. Edge Browser saving a photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Browser saving a photo: When I am saving a photo from the web, why is it saved as .jfif instead of .jpeg? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-saving-a-photo/3a008f4e-47d2-4847-9ff5-19e21aef51eb
  3. Edge Browser saving a photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser saving a photo: When I am saving a photo from the web, why is it saved as .jfif instead of .jpeg? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-saving-a-photo/3a008f4e-47d2-4847-9ff5-19e21aef51eb
  4. Edge Browser saving a photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to add websites in fav section of edge chromium.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unable to add websites in fav section of edge chromium.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tanishvv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzm3kx/unable_to_add_websites_in_fav_section_of_edge/
  6. How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?: Hello everyone, i want to auto save credentials during sign in instead of doing manually. is there any way please guide me? [img] Thanks. 79550
  7. moving favs from right to left using edge

in Browsers and Email
    moving favs from right to left using edge: I have many favs on the favs bar that I like to change around. How do I do this Thanks 56825
  8. How To Save Windowed Edge Browser Screen Location?

in Browsers and Email
    How To Save Windowed Edge Browser Screen Location?: I'm on a Surface pro 3 with a high res screen, and like to use windowed mode for my browser. With IE I could set the window the size I wanted, and where I wanted, and close it. Then when re-launching it would come back up in the same spot, and be the same size. With Edge,...
  9. IE Edge - Maintian Fav. Order how ?

in Browsers and Email
    IE Edge - Maintian Fav. Order how ?: Well was using Windows 7 and upgraded to Win 10... and imported all of my Fav.'s along with manually taken registry file in order to maintain fav. order. Now, in IE 11 - All list of websites are appearing in order as I placed in windows 7, But. in IE Edge its all jumbled....
  10. cant delete saved bookmark in edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    cant delete saved bookmark in edge browser: is there a way? I need to delete some old bookmarks no longer active. 63943