Windows 10: EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away..

Discus and support EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away.. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have installed the Anniv edition and have a small niggle with the EDGE browser. At the top it says 'Add to the favorites bar by selecting * or by... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Marc Hufnagel, Aug 12, 2016.

1. EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away..

I have installed the Anniv edition and have a small niggle with the EDGE browser.

At the top it says 'Add to the favorites bar by selecting * or by getting them from another browser IMPORT YOUR FAVORITES..

I've clicked the import link and it worked, now how can I make it go away? I think I've tried all the display options I can find.

Anyone?

:)

Marc Hufnagel, Aug 12, 2016

2. got windows 10

To transfer/import your favorites click on the three horizontal lines at the top right of the Microsoft Edge browser. It is to the right of the star. When it opens you will see "import favorites" to the top right. Once you click import favorites you will
    check the box to import from IE or Chrome or both.

For your internet options go the three dots ". . ." top right on the Microsoft Edge page, there you will find "settings"

Also if you don't like using the new "edge" browser you can go use the "open in Internet Browser" which can be found in the same place by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner.

Hope this helps!

TammyArnoldVP, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 I Cannot find Favorites

What browser are you using?

If you're using Edge, click the 3 lines at the top-right on the toolbar (the "hub") and then click "Import Favorites" to bring them in.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 12, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away..

ARC1020, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Turn off the Favorites Bar as @ARC1020 indicated or populate the Bar with links.
    Either way, the initial banner will disappear.

Edwin, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Ok thanks. Is there a way to keep the favorites bar but get rid of that message?

Marc Hufnagel, Aug 12, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Empty? No.
    But, if you just open a new tab and type about:blank and bookmark it with no text, you'll only have a tiny generic icon at the far left.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away..

1. EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away.. - Similar Threads - EDGE browser has

2. Remix won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remix won't go away: I've created Albums and every time I want to view them, I get the Remix it for me box. I've tried making changes, saving to OneDrive, - that Remix box keeps coming back... (WIn 10 up to date)...
  3. have brightness status bar that has appeared in top left of sceen that won't go away...

in Windows 10 Customization
    have brightness status bar that has appeared in top left of sceen that won't go away...: brightness status bar that won't go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-brightness-status-bar-that-has-appeared-in/461cb212-a678-45d0-b75b-4e32278347f5
  4. Edge and IE going away, MS embraces Chromium browser

in Windows 10 News
    Edge and IE going away, MS embraces Chromium browser: Microsoft Surrendering to Google Chrome Is No Surprise Given These Figures This is a good idea. I was wondering what will such a browser look like? I assume it will work like Chrome, but will it look like Chrome? And MS will be contributing to the Chrome base engine and has...
  5. SmartScreen won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen won't go away: I've disabled SmartScreen in Edge and Internet Explorer, but it still shows up when I launch games asking me if "Okay" essentially. I want this disabled completely. What do I do?...
  6. FIX- Maximised Has a small gap at top that wont go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIX- Maximised Has a small gap at top that wont go away: Okay so i just had this issue To fix it just: 1- Go to the notification tab 2- Hit Tablet mode 3- Then finally click the Tablet mode off and it is fixed If this doesn't fix the issue i will try to find another solution [ATTACH]...
  7. When will IE and Edge go away?

in Browsers and Email
    When will IE and Edge go away?: MS will never drop Edge. It would be a total humiliation. On tablets and touch screens Edge is great. I would use Edge all tthe time in my non touch laptop if it was not for one truly irritating bug. When I rapid scroll on a newly presented page with my mouse wheel, it...
  8. Managing favorites in edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Managing favorites in edge browser?: How do I manage my favorites in the new Edge browser? I accidently moved a favorites folder into another favorites folder & I don't know how to get the folder out of the other folder? Thanks 12466
  9. Old Homegroup won't go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Homegroup won't go away: I have a homegroup that Win 10 insists is still present waiting to be joined, but it's my father's PC's homegroup on a network in a different city that my pc has never visited. (Teamviewer perhaps?) I've tried disabling the peer and homegroup services, but can't make it go...
  10. 3GP Hell, It won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    3GP Hell, It won't go away!: i'm having a real annoying problem with a 3gp file keeps downloading automatically everytime i start my Win 10 system. so everytime i start my pc this 3gp file keeps downloading and playing automatically every time i start my pc.. and it also saves itself to appdata/temp...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge favorites bar wont go away

2. Edge has tiny window that wont go away