Windows 10: EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away..

Discus and support EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away.. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have installed the Anniv edition and have a small niggle with the EDGE browser. At the top it says 'Add to the favorites bar by selecting * or by... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Marc Hufnagel, Aug 12, 2016.

1. EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away..

I have installed the Anniv edition and have a small niggle with the EDGE browser.

At the top it says 'Add to the favorites bar by selecting * or by getting them from another browser IMPORT YOUR FAVORITES..

I've clicked the import link and it worked, now how can I make it go away? I think I've tried all the display options I can find.

Anyone?

:)

Marc Hufnagel, Aug 12, 2016

2. got windows 10

To transfer/import your favorites click on the three horizontal lines at the top right of the Microsoft Edge browser. It is to the right of the star. When it opens you will see "import favorites" to the top right. Once you click import favorites you will
    check the box to import from IE or Chrome or both.

For your internet options go the three dots ". . ." top right on the Microsoft Edge page, there you will find "settings"

Also if you don't like using the new "edge" browser you can go use the "open in Internet Browser" which can be found in the same place by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner.

Hope this helps!

TammyArnoldVP, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 I Cannot find Favorites

What browser are you using?

If you're using Edge, click the 3 lines at the top-right on the toolbar (the "hub") and then click "Import Favorites" to bring them in.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 12, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away..

ARC1020, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Turn off the Favorites Bar as @ARC1020 indicated or populate the Bar with links.
    Either way, the initial banner will disappear.

Edwin, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Ok thanks. Is there a way to keep the favorites bar but get rid of that message?

Marc Hufnagel, Aug 12, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Empty? No.
    But, if you just open a new tab and type about:blank and bookmark it with no text, you'll only have a tiny generic icon at the far left.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away..

1. EDGE browser has line about favorites at top - won't go away.. - Similar Threads - EDGE browser has

2. Faded open browser and taskbar problem won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faded open browser and taskbar problem won't go away: I am having a little difficulty with why my computer keeps showing a faded open browser and the taskbar. You can see it better when you're playing a video game and you see a loading screen or black and in the black screen you can see an open browser or taskbar icons but...
  3. Faded open browser and taskbar problem won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faded open browser and taskbar problem won't go away: I am having a little difficulty with why my computer keeps showing a faded open browser and the taskbar. You can see it better when you're playing a video game and you see a loading screen or black and in the black screen you can see an open browser or taskbar icons but...
  4. Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...: Hello.Black screen appears out of nowhere covering majority of monitor.Given suggestions on previous post but they didn't work.Reset windows.Original black screen is gone.Since then when going to change monitor refresh rate to the highest supported 144hz I am met with the...
  5. Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...

Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...: Hello.Black screen appears out of nowhere covering majority of monitor.Given suggestions on previous post but they didn't work.Reset windows.Original black screen is gone.Since then when going to change monitor refresh rate to the highest supported 144hz I am met with the...
  6. Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...

8. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  9. Edge and IE going away, MS embraces Chromium browser

in Windows 10 News
    Edge and IE going away, MS embraces Chromium browser: Microsoft Surrendering to Google Chrome Is No Surprise Given These Figures This is a good idea. I was wondering what will such a browser look like? I assume it will work like Chrome, but will it look like Chrome? And MS will be contributing to the Chrome base engine and has...
  10. Managing favorites in edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Managing favorites in edge browser?: How do I manage my favorites in the new Edge browser? I accidently moved a favorites folder into another favorites folder & I don't know how to get the folder out of the other folder? Thanks 12466

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Edge has tiny window that wont go away

2. edge favorites bar wont go away