Windows 10: Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address

Discus and support Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone, my title may be a bit confusing but I have to idea how to make a title for the issue I'm having. So, I'm sure you all know how when... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mpalomba3, Aug 13, 2015.

1. mpalomba3 Win User

Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address

Hi everyone, my title may be a bit confusing but I have to idea how to make a title for the issue I'm having.

So, I'm sure you all know how when you begin to type in a website edge will fill in the rest and if you hit enter it will take you to that website. For example, type in Web Server's Default Page and google will come up.

Now my issue is google comes up but not just the regular google search page it'll automatically add everything after the / that I was last using. For example if I had been using google maps a few minutes ago it will automatically add in google.com/maps rather then just google.

I've attached a picture if my description is confusing.

Is there anyway to fix this? When I want to go to a website I was to go to its main page not the last thing I was on, on that website. On my mac Safari does this correctly and Internet Explorer does it right as well so I am hoping its just a setting somewhere that I can toggle on or off.

:)

mpalomba3, Aug 13, 2015
  2. b283s Win User

Does anyone have a way to make Edge work with sites using HTTPS mixed or secure pages?

Edge has problems with HTTPS web pages

Edge does not work with HTTPS sites - Mix or fully secured

Edge either displays incorrectly the information or does not display the page at all.

The only solution I have found is to open using the "Open with IE" or another Browser

b283s, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Pogo does not support edge, how do I get internet explorer 11 back as my web browser

apparently with the auto update to edge I have lost Internet Explorer 11. Pogo .com does not support Edge. How do I get Internet Explorer11 back as my web browser

RonNeedham, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address

1. Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address - Similar Threads - Edge Browser incorrectly

2. Incorrect Unicode Display on Web Browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Unicode Display on Web Browsers: I'm having issues with certain Unicode characters displaying correctly on my device across both web browsers I use - Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox. I am running Windows 10 Home as my operating system. The characters in question that I have found so far are the...
  3. Incorrect Unicode Display on Web Browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Unicode Display on Web Browsers: I'm having issues with certain Unicode characters displaying correctly on my device across both web browsers I use - Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox. I am running Windows 10 Home as my operating system. The characters in question that I have found so far are the...
  4. Incorrect Unicode Display on Web Browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  6. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  7. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  8. Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer: how do i uninstall Edge web browser and install internet explorer again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-edge-web-browser-to-internet-explorer/2e529a22-2ed9-4c11-87f4-e74bd54a486c
  9. Images not displayed in MS Edge web browser

in Browsers and Email
    Images not displayed in MS Edge web browser: I upgraded to Windows 10 last week and everything seems good except an issue I am having when I use MS Edge and also the app Flip. Neither of these will display images. I use Chrome and Opera and every image is displayed right away when I go to a website. But Edge and Flip...
  10. waiting for (insert web address)..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    waiting for (insert web address)..: been seeing some problems with internet browsers lately. chrome & firefox aren't loading websites as they should (not to be confused with an additional 2-3 seconds of delay). opening chrome with google search & most visited sites as the homepage, the visited sites aren't...