Windows 10: Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address

Discus and support Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone, my title may be a bit confusing but I have to idea how to make a title for the issue I'm having. So, I'm sure you all know how when... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mpalomba3, Aug 13, 2015.

1. mpalomba3 Win User

Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address

Hi everyone, my title may be a bit confusing but I have to idea how to make a title for the issue I'm having.

So, I'm sure you all know how when you begin to type in a website edge will fill in the rest and if you hit enter it will take you to that website. For example, type in Web Server's Default Page and google will come up.

Now my issue is google comes up but not just the regular google search page it'll automatically add everything after the / that I was last using. For example if I had been using google maps a few minutes ago it will automatically add in google.com/maps rather then just google.

I've attached a picture if my description is confusing.

Is there anyway to fix this? When I want to go to a website I was to go to its main page not the last thing I was on, on that website. On my mac Safari does this correctly and Internet Explorer does it right as well so I am hoping its just a setting somewhere that I can toggle on or off.

:)

mpalomba3, Aug 13, 2015
  2. b283s Win User

Does anyone have a way to make Edge work with sites using HTTPS mixed or secure pages?

Edge has problems with HTTPS web pages

Edge does not work with HTTPS sites - Mix or fully secured

Edge either displays incorrectly the information or does not display the page at all.

The only solution I have found is to open using the "Open with IE" or another Browser

b283s, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Pogo does not support edge, how do I get internet explorer 11 back as my web browser

apparently with the auto update to edge I have lost Internet Explorer 11. Pogo .com does not support Edge. How do I get Internet Explorer11 back as my web browser

RonNeedham, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address

1. Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address - Similar Threads - Edge Browser incorrectly

2. Web Addresses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Addresses: Please advise how to prevent previously used web addresses being stored and listed and suggested each time a new search is entered RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-addresses/a934f8cf-eecf-4d35-b55b-07055307bab2"
  3. Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

in Browsers and Email
    Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill: Whenever I click on an unwanted email in my email client 'Unsubscribe' and then click the email box on the site in Edge, the auto-fill shows an email other than mine. Doesn't happen on all email links to unsubscribe, but most. Is there a place in Edge were I can manage...
  4. Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill: Whenever I click on an unwanted email in my email client 'Unsubscribe' and then click the email box on the site in Edge, the auto-fill shows an email other than mine. Doesn't happen on all email links to unsubscribe, but most. Is there a place in Edge were I can manage...
  5. auto complete address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    auto complete address: there is an email address that is not in my contacts (was once) but always appears how can i delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-complete-address/d1bf75cd-1870-4724-9184-20ef78985e15"
  6. Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses: Hi I know this isnt a new question I have seen questions relating back to 2016 with Microsoft saying there is no facility in Windows mail to delete an incorrect e-mail address, not only do I have incorrect e-mail addresses, but I also have an e-mail address from a deceased...
  7. auto web browser on startup, I wish to turn it off

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto web browser on startup, I wish to turn it off: A web browser opens up at the top of my screen on startup, I wish to turn this off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-web-browser-on-startup-i-wish-to-turn-it-off/0b01fe58-c1dd-4a33-8e27-a80c59620d6b
  8. How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?: Hello everyone, i want to auto save credentials during sign in instead of doing manually. is there any way please guide me? [img] Thanks. 79550
  9. Images not displayed in MS Edge web browser

in Browsers and Email
    Images not displayed in MS Edge web browser: I upgraded to Windows 10 last week and everything seems good except an issue I am having when I use MS Edge and also the app Flip. Neither of these will display images. I use Chrome and Opera and every image is displayed right away when I go to a website. But Edge and Flip...
  10. waiting for (insert web address)..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    waiting for (insert web address)..: been seeing some problems with internet browsers lately. chrome & firefox aren't loading websites as they should (not to be confused with an additional 2-3 seconds of delay). opening chrome with google search & most visited sites as the homepage, the visited sites aren't...