Windows 10: Edge browser owns my laptop

Discus and support Edge browser owns my laptop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I try to launch IE,Firefox in my Windows 10 laptop to no avail,the only one that works is Edge,i hate it. 77353 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by grandpa1948, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Edge browser owns my laptop

I try to launch IE,Firefox in my Windows 10 laptop to no avail,the only one that works is Edge,i hate it.

:)

grandpa1948, Feb 15, 2017

2. Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074678) - Error 0x80004005

It will recognise email links if Edge is my default browser but not if it's Chrome. Suspect that this may be Microsoft favouring it's own ;-)

Dave

offroadrunner, Feb 15, 2017
  3. NEILBLAIR Win User
    Cookies on edge browser.

I am thinking that the edge browser is the worse I have ever come across.Since upgrading my PC to windows 10 I have been unable to do normal functions because of the edge browser restrictions.It is a good job I own an Apple iPad to be able to continue
    with my life.

NEILBLAIR, Feb 15, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Edge browser owns my laptop

Hi grandpa1948!

How are you trying to launch other browsers? Did you install them? What errors do you get?

Download Firefox from Mozzila page. You can also install portable browsers.

Also try installing browser in new user account.
    If there are errors, the cause may be malware or corrupted system files. Check system by typing "sfc /scannow" in admin command prompt.

AndreTen, Feb 15, 2017
  5. I click on IE,Firefox icons,i installed Firefox from the Mozilla website.Idon't get any errors,just when I click to start
    IE and Firefox they just simply won't start and thanks for your reply Andre.

grandpa1948, Feb 15, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge browser owns my laptop

1. Edge browser owns my laptop - Similar Threads - Edge browser owns

2. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  3. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  4. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: In comparison with other browsers like chrome, firefox...your browser is very very slow. Interestingly its fine on android but on pcs literally testing patience. Tested clearing browsing history....still no luck. Why should I use it at all...
  5. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: Hi is their a way to put a menu bar like on internet explorer? the reason why is when using internet explorer you can click on file-send- link by email can not seem to find that option with edge. EDIT: i should of said this is on a win 7 work computer i use 160084
  6. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser: I only have edge browser on my laptops and recently updated to the new chromium version which I think is really good however each time I re-start my laptops it reverts back to the old edge as my default browser, which I can't understand as I have it set as default but always...
  7. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: I see that Edge has the ability to store login and passwords you use to log into web sites. My question is how well protected are those login and passwords in Edge? Encrypted? Wondering before I start using this service. I would love to get rid of LastPass Premium and all the...
  8. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: hi all,I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a while ago.I can get the start menu ok but cant get the edge browser or cortona.When I click on edge it comes on for a few seconds then leaves the screen.Anybody got any ideas why?Your help would be very much appreciated....
  9. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: I have been playing around with the Edge Browser having removed IE 11. I have found that if you bring the web page up you want like Face Book (social) Outlook.com (mail) Youtube (Entertainment) Google (Browser) Right click and add them to the Favourites Bar, They...
  10. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765