Windows 10: Edge browser will not clear all Internet History

Discus and support Edge browser will not clear all Internet History in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I try to clear Internet History in Edge browser, I get the following message: "Some data couldn't be cleared. Please try again.". This is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JohnBurns, Sep 22, 2016.

1. JohnBurns Win User

Edge browser will not clear all Internet History

When I try to clear Internet History in Edge browser, I get the following message: "Some data couldn't be cleared. Please try again.". This is happening on 2 pc's and "trying again" does not clear. The item not being cleared is Browsing History, I have determined by process of elimination.

I have run SFC, DISM, Disk Cleanup, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, MRT, and CCleaner and the Systems are clean and indicating no problems. In searching the Internet, I have found some posts regarding the problem, but with no solutions suggested working for me. (Clearing Internet Explorer, Increasing the Disk space to use, etc.)

Has anyone had this problem and found a suitable solution or know of a possible reason this is happening?

:)

JohnBurns, Sep 22, 2016

2. Saving Passwords

Hi Kerry,

Do all your browsers no longer offer to save passwords? Or does it only affect Internet Explorer and Edge?

Clearing the cache and cookies is useful in improving browser functions. For now, try clearing the cache and cookies of Edge and Internet Explorer using the links provided below and check if it resolves your concern:

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge.

View and delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    printing issue

Hi Lisa,

Please reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Does the issue occur when you print with Internet Explorer?
    Clear the browser history and cookies by following the steps given in the article below and check if it helps:
    View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Disclaimer: Clearing the history will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.

Please revert if you face any issues with screen going blank when printing with edge.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 22, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Try using Ccleaner....all most all of us use it. It works and works very well. This will clear it for you.

Plankton, Sep 22, 2016
  5. JohnBurns Win User
    Check 2nd paragraph CCleaner among other programs has been used. Also tried PrivaZer with no success.

JohnBurns, Sep 22, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    One thing I've noticed is that sometimes, even though Edge appears to have been closed, a diagnotics program will find it still in memory and prompt to close it. Before running CCleaner I use TaskManager to close or assure that Edge and/or Internet Explorer are truly closed.

Berton, Sep 22, 2016
  7. Plankton Win User
    My apologizes......

I don't use Edge at all....where do you find the history in Edge?

Plankton, Sep 22, 2016
  8. JohnBurns Win User

Left click on the three lines at top right of Edge toolbar -left click on clock icon - there will be a "clear all history" item to click on - then check the boxes of the items you want to clear - I clear the first 4 only - then left click "clear". It will show "clearing data" then if you're lucky, it shows "all items cleared". In my case it then shows "Some data couldn't be cleared. Try again."

JohnBurns, Sep 22, 2016
  9. JohnBurns Win User
    I've tried that also with no luck.

JohnBurns, Sep 22, 2016
  10. JMX
    jmx Win User
    I am having the same problem as JohnBurns with Microsoft Edge. When I click on Clear browsing data I get "Some data couldn't be cleared. Please try again."

I have tried the following two TensForum tutorials:
    1. "Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10".
    2. "Reset Microsoft Edge to default in Windows 10"

I have also deleted all the files in C:\Users\Account Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache.

None of the above gets rid of "Some of the data couldn't be cleared. Please try again."

I can solve the problem by going to Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History, Settings, and then Move Folder and moving/replacing the INetCache folder with a folder I created in my Documents folder. But I do not believe this is a good solution.

Does any have any suggestions?

Thema:

1. Edge browser will not clear all Internet History - Similar Threads - Edge browser clear

2. How Clear History Dev Console in EDGE browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Clear History Dev Console in EDGE browser: How Clear History Developer Console Up,Down:CommandVisible in EDGE Browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-clear-history-dev-console-in-edge-browser/19d9429b-76a8-46ab-b7c6-5851cec4d5d6
  3. Clearing my browser history on privacy doesn't remove it on activity history

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Clearing my browser history on privacy doesn't remove it on activity history: Can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-my-browser-history-on-privacy-doesnt/4972af84-0e69-4059-bc26-6bc4934404dd
  4. unable to clear all history on task view

unable to clear all history on task view: I remove all my history on task view yet there is this Microsoft store cant remove it : Need help. It stayed for almost a week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-clear-all-history-on-task-view/881e0289-2166-4cad-b5a1-bea6a140451d
  5. Edge ( chrome based ) Clear history problem ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge ( chrome based ) Clear history problem ?: I have installed edge chrome based 64 bit stable version on windows 10 pro 64bit , when i clear history in new edge chrome based browser it open old edge browser window and clear that history ? how can i fix that ? submitted by /u/Ben_Copper [link] [comments]...
  6. All internet browsers except for Edge not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All internet browsers except for Edge not opening: I've been running into an issue very recently where every browser on my desktop Firefox, Brave, and Chrome has failed to open barring Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. So far I've tried manually opening these browsers from my shortcuts, from the task bar, and from their...
  7. clearing search history not clearing

clearing search history not clearing: I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?...
  8. Clearing Your Browser Search History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clearing Your Browser Search History: I followed all Clearing Your Browser History procedures to the point of clicking on the Delete prompt. Rather than delete / clear anything a yellow highlight bar appeared with the statement "Something Went Wrong On Our End. Please Try Again!" For two days, every few hours...
  9. No Browser History in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No Browser History in Edge: I've checked everything I know to check. I still cannot get any browser history. I get only the statement "You'll see your browsing history here once you've visited a site". 18472
  10. browser in history of edge

in Browsers and Email
    browser in history of edge: hi In e11 we can browser in the history. Is there a possebility to do that in edge 26925

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some data couldnt be cleared edge

2. some data couldnt be cleared try again when i try to clear history