Windows 10: Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive

Discus and support Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Folks, Using Edge, if I click the "+", open a new tab, then drag that tab out to start a new browser window everything seems fine. I can open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by iamc3k, Jul 25, 2016.

1. iamc3k Win User

Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive

Folks,

Using Edge, if I click the "+", open a new tab, then drag that tab out to start a new browser window everything seems fine.

I can open more and more tabs on that "daughter" window. If I then choose "close all tabs", they all go away...but the edge browser window stays open. Clicking the "X" in the upper right does nothing, as does the right-click on the task-bar. The "mother" window still works. It's the "daughter" window, devoid of any tabs, which is unresponsive.

I need to ctl-alt-del and close BOTH (all) edge browser windows (totally shut down edge) to make the blank edge window disappear.

This is repeatable.

(By "blank", see the image, attached.)

Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive [​IMG]

Ken

:)

iamc3k, Jul 25, 2016
  2. Hexaae Win User

Microsoft Edge freezes after hibernate

It's a known Windows 10 bug (currently reproduced even on Windows 10 x64 14393.969): when you leave Edge with 5-6-10 open tabs (and much memory allocated for MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe tasks) and go sleep (and the PC goes in standby and then in hibernation). The
    next morning Edge will be freezed. You have to click furiously on its window and after a while Windows will automatically kill Edge app. When you'll re-open Edge all tabs will be recovered.

No "crash" will be tracked in Reliablity Monitor though...

It's clearly a bug in metro apps GUI system getting unresponsive after hibernation with Edge, but only when you leave the PC for a while because if you manually try to hibernate and resume right after you won't be able to reproduce the issue.

Hexaae, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Cortana does not respect my default browser

Hi,

I like to use Cortana And it's amazing feature "Hey Cortana". But the problem is it does not respect my default browser. My default browser is Firefox, still cortana opens Microsoft Edge or sometimes internet explorer. Edge seems to be nice, but It is a
    slow and unresponsive browser.

Sharnav Mahajan, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive

Same thing here. Must be a Summer of 2016 bug. Doesn't happen all the time, but annoying when it does happen.

AllenChicago, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive

1. Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive - Similar Threads - Edge Bug Leaves

2. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  3. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  4. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Cortana
  5. No Browsers Open Except Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Browsers Open Except Edge: Excuse me for sounding a bit flustered here, but I'm genuinely at my wits end with this shit. I decided tonight I was going to improve my internet security. I got LastPass for storing passwords, and ExpressVPN as a... well, VPN. Out of nowhere after doing these two things,...
  6. How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser: [ATTACH]When you open a new tab in the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium), it offers a rather personalized experience. You get to see an image of […] This article How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. edge browser always open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    edge browser always open: When I scan my system with the firewall I receive the message that my edge browser is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/50cde4ff-56e8-4eeb-97fd-fb9518c2f000"
  8. edge browser always open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge browser always open: When I scan computer with my firewall that the edge browser is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/083c9731-22ea-45bc-b136-050b9261fbdd
  9. edge browser always open

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge browser always open: when I scan with my firewall I receive message edge browse open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/f6beb25b-7d07-4fb4-9168-4c09402473f8
  10. cant open edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    cant open edge browser: hi all;i cannot open the edge browser.The blue page only comes on for a few seconds then goes off.I have tried deleting my other browsers so edge is the only one but it still does the same thing.Would living in the uk have any bearing on this?Your help is needed. thank you...