Windows 10: edge bug?

Discus and support edge bug? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I cannot find any reference to this on google but I think Edge has a bug with how tabs behave. I have set google as my home page. What I think... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kevvyb, Jul 3, 2016.

1. kevvyb Win User

edge bug?

I cannot find any reference to this on google but I think Edge has a bug with how tabs behave.

I have set google as my home page.

What I think happens is that with more than one tab open, when I open a new tab and click on the home button the previous tab also redirects to homepage, loosing the site that I was viewing in that tab. Clicking on back in that tab brings the site back.

Is there a way to stop google applying a click to home button to new tab as well as previously viewed tab?

:)

kevvyb, Jul 3, 2016

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Jul 3, 2016
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Jul 3, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

edge bug?

How have you set up the way your new tab opens?

edge bug? [​IMG]

(Note: I have been unable to reproduce your problem in my tabs)

philc43, Jul 3, 2016
  5. kevvyb Win User
    Yes but have set up like this:

edge bug? [​IMG]

kevvyb, Jul 3, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Have you also set up your home page via the Advanced settings? The home page icon needs to be turned on so that it shows up at the top left next to the refresh icon. Then setup the home page in the advanced settings as shown in the second screenshot:

edge bug? [​IMG]

edge bug? [​IMG]

philc43, Jul 3, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    Then you are correctly set up. What should happen is that when you open a new browser it will automatically go to Google because you have set start tabs to open with Google as your custom page. There should be no need to click on the home icon.

When you are on any other tab that is displaying a different webpage, clicking on the home icon will then change that tab to your google.co.uk home page.

You could change your setup so that New tabs open with top sites to see if this makes any difference.

philc43, Jul 3, 2016
  8. kevvyb Win User

edge bug?

Have worked out what is happening here.

Looking more closely, if the new tab is not fully loaded the focus remains on the previous tab. Clicking on the new tab as soon as it appears (as works in Chrome) does not move the focus to that new tab.

Clicking on the home button then obviously works on the previous tab (or tab that still has the focus).

Once the tab is fully loaded then clicking on shift focus as would be expected.

kevvyb, Jul 4, 2016
  9. philc43 Win User
    Thanks for reporting back on what was happening. *Smile

philc43, Jul 4, 2016
  10. kevvyb Win User
    That's ok. Nothing worse than a thread that goes nowhere!

kevvyb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

edge bug?

1. edge bug? - Similar Threads - edge bug

2. Windows Copilot Bug, trying to search active Edge tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Copilot Bug, trying to search active Edge tab: Now Copilot frequently responses "Searching your active Microsoft Edge tab" even if the Microsoft Edge isn't running at all. After that it responses "Sorry, I can't access your webpage at the moment. Try again in sometime." and stucks.My device specs: Windows 11 22631.2715,...
  3. Windows Copilot Bug, trying to search active Edge tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Copilot Bug, trying to search active Edge tab: Now Copilot frequently responses "Searching your active Microsoft Edge tab" even if the Microsoft Edge isn't running at all. After that it responses "Sorry, I can't access your webpage at the moment. Try again in sometime." and stucks.My device specs: Windows 11 22631.2715,...
  4. Microsoft edge bugs my navigator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge bugs my navigator: Good Morning Madam Sir, i have Always problems for naviguer in Microsoft edge who bug Always Bonjour Madame Monsieur, j'ai Toujours des problèmes pour naviguer dans Microsoft edge qui bug toujoursi have Always problems for naviguer in Microsoft edge who bug Always Bonjour...
  5. Microsoft edge bugs my navigator

Microsoft edge bugs my navigator: Good Morning Madam Sir, i have Always problems for naviguer in Microsoft edge who bug Always Bonjour Madame Monsieur, j'ai Toujours des problèmes pour naviguer dans Microsoft edge qui bug toujoursi have Always problems for naviguer in Microsoft edge who bug Always Bonjour...
  6. Bugged screen portion due to Microsoft Edge News

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bugged screen portion due to Microsoft Edge News: For a few days I've had ~1/4 of the screen on the right side bugged and blurry.Clicking on that section opens msn news articles in Edge.When maximising a window, it does not use the bugged portion of the screen.I know it is related to microsoft edge, as closing the edge.exe...
  7. Bugged screen portion due to Microsoft Edge News

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugged screen portion due to Microsoft Edge News: For a few days I've had ~1/4 of the screen on the right side bugged and blurry.Clicking on that section opens msn news articles in Edge.When maximising a window, it does not use the bugged portion of the screen.I know it is related to microsoft edge, as closing the edge.exe...
  8. Bugged screen portion due to Microsoft Edge News

9. Can't access windows updates from start menu. Edge bugged, not syncing, logging out of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access windows updates from start menu. Edge bugged, not syncing, logging out of...: So I booted up pc, opened edge, was logged out of all sites. Noticed account says "setting up sync". So I don't have access to passwords and browser extensions not working. If I close the browser it logs me out of sites again. Also if click the start menu for windows 11 I...
  10. Can't access windows updates from start menu. Edge bugged, not syncing, logging out of...

Can't access windows updates from start menu. Edge bugged, not syncing, logging out of...: So I booted up pc, opened edge, was logged out of all sites. Noticed account says "setting up sync". So I don't have access to passwords and browser extensions not working. If I close the browser it logs me out of sites again. Also if click the start menu for windows 11 I...