Windows 10: Edge "close all" only works part of the time.

Discus and support Edge "close all" only works part of the time. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Win10 64-bit. When using Edge and opening a bunch of different tabs (in today's case, lots of searches on different sites for why this doesn't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by way2ob2se, Aug 14, 2016.

1. way2ob2se Win User

Edge "close all" only works part of the time.

I have Win10 64-bit. When using Edge and opening a bunch of different tabs (in today's case, lots of searches on different sites for why this doesn't work) I click on the browser X in the top right corner. I get the box that asks CLOSE ALL or CANCEL. I do NOT have the ALWAYS CLOSE ALL button checked, nor do I want it. But, when I do choose CLOSE ALL, it sometimes will, and other times it does nothing. So, I click it again. Still nothing. I can't figure out what the difference can be. Is there a limit on how many tabs it will close? Or?

:)

way2ob2se, Aug 14, 2016
  2. hitch_11 Win User

about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia Edge "close all" only works part of the time. :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Aug 14, 2016
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

1-hey ..! i did a format to my nokia n97 few days ago .. before i did the format i had the problem that sometimes when i go to photos its says " memory full close some applicartions ..." and now i have it again ! so i just wanna know how to
    solve this problem its really annoying !

2- my best music kind is trance ,, but i dont enjoy listening trance on my n97 coz music does'nt sound good for this kind of music .. so i want to know if there is a way to make n97 music sounds like x6 or even 5800 ( i guess ) .. through some
    application or through equalizer or whatever ! i dont wanna get another phone Edge "close all" only works part of the time. :(

hope u help me .. ! thanks Edge "close all" only works part of the time. :)

hitch_11, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

There seems to be a bug in Edge. I think the problem is that one of your tabs ends up with a javascript error, and when you go to close all, this blocks it from closing the tab and therefore it doesn't close any of them. There is no set number of tabs. I've seen it happen with 2 or 3, and I've seen it happen with 20. I usually have to open task manager and kill Edge when that happens.

Hopefully they figure out the problem eventually.

Mystere, Aug 14, 2016
  5. way2ob2se Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Now I can quit trying to figure that one out, and move on to other little annoyances.

way2ob2se, Aug 14, 2016
  6. IsaacFL Win User
    I have the same problem, so definitely a bug.

IsaacFL, Aug 14, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    When this happens to me I find closing a tab will close Edge.

Winuser, Aug 15, 2016
  8. Edge "close all" only works part of the time.

I've only just noticed this. IE11 works fine closing all tabs but edge more often than not does nothing. Either have to close each tab individually or kill the edge process.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge "close all" only works part of the time. - Similar Threads - Edge close works

2. Headseat only working in ear part

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headseat only working in ear part: hello why does my headseat only work when i speak into the part where my ear goes i try to speak into the mic and it doesnt pick up nothing only works in ear part any way to fix this...
  3. Headseat only working in ear part

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headseat only working in ear part: hello why does my headseat only work when i speak into the part where my ear goes i try to speak into the mic and it doesnt pick up nothing only works in ear part any way to fix this...
  4. Headseat only working in ear part

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Only Microsoft Edge working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Microsoft Edge working: A few days ago, Google Chrome stopped working, and I can't even open it. I didn't really care, and just used Edge. Today I downloaded Opera GX, and this time it opened, I thought. The startup animation is showing, but after that it just disappears. Can someone please help...
  6. Your Phone only partly works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone only partly works: Does YourPhone use Bluetooth for all its features? I ask because although I still have not got Bluetooth working (on but not connected) ---- another Thread) in YourPhone 3 out of the 4 features work, one does not. So I get Notifications, Messages and Photos (the latter is...
  7. YourPhone only partly works

in Windows 10 Support
    YourPhone only partly works: Does YourPhone use Bluetooth for all its features? I ask because although I still have not got Bluetooth working (on but not connected) ---- another Thread) in YourPhone 3 out of the 4 features work, one does not. So I get Notifications, Messages and Photos (the latter is...
  8. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  9. Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

in Browsers and Email
    Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open: V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open. [img] 119766
  10. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge: Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying...