Windows 10: Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu

Discus and support Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi guys, is there any tweak to reduce the size of edge context menu. Make it same size as windows context menu(desktop right click, file explorer). The... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by shanewatz, Aug 21, 2016.

1. shanewatz Win User

Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu

Hi guys, is there any tweak to reduce the size of edge context menu. Make it same size as windows context menu(desktop right click, file explorer). The other modern apps also have larger context menu as compared to windows.
    Thanks

:)

shanewatz, Aug 21, 2016

2. How to override MS Edge right click menu?

I have a web application that presents a custom context menu when I right-click certain items. This worked fine on Google Chrome and on old versions of Internet Explorer, but I find that in MS Edge, a right-click brings up Microsoft's context menu instead
    of mine. Is there a way to override Microsoft's context menu?

Thanks for any help.

SheldonPenner, Aug 21, 2016
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Unlikely. The universal apps' model is quite different to that of conventional exe's and MS is moving towards less configurability, less flexibility as you've probably noticed.

dalchina, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu - Similar Threads - Edge context menu

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. context menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    context menu: 20H2 used to have Defender and MBAM as choices to scan but since I recovered an image form Macrium it does not show these. Is it possible as I use these apps more that they become part of the right click context menu. I know I would not have removed these and do not like to...
  4. Context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context menu: Hello, I am running a machine with Windows 10 Pro which had version 1703, a few days ago I updated to 20H2. When I had 1703 all ok.... But when I upgraded to 20H2 EACH RIGHT CLICK TAKES ABOUT 5 SECONDS. I think a 4GB ram and i3 processor should not take so long for a right...
  5. context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu: how to add 'desktop' to 'send to option' WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/671f83fb-b3a9-449a-9564-ea120c0b78b8
  6. Edge-icon missing in context menu

in Browsers and Email
    Edge-icon missing in context menu: Some time ago I suddenly noticed my Edge-icon missing in the contextmenu , now Im in latest Win10 and its still not fixed . Its showing a white field and no Edge-icon , it does open the pdf-file in all the three options , in Edge it opens also . HOW (?) to get this Edge (...
  7. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  8. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  9. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  10. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b