Windows 10: Edge Crashing

Discus and support Edge Crashing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge is closing right after it opens. It was running fine then all of a sudden it stopped. Rebooted and same thing. Turned off antivirus as well. Any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TylerV76, Jul 28, 2015.

1. TylerV76 Win User

Edge Crashing

Edge is closing right after it opens. It was running fine then all of a sudden it stopped. Rebooted and same thing. Turned off antivirus as well. Any ideas?

:)

TylerV76, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Hermie13 Win User

KB4038788 Update Sept. 12 2017

No. I have not received any error message. The crashes where observed in the Reliability Monitor.

After the update, Edge crashed at start up. And then again after attempts to open the browser. This mornings crash was after attempted opening of Edge.

I have attached the Reliability Monitors breakdown of the Edge crashes.

Edge Crashing [​IMG]

Hermie13, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge Crashing

I tried to start
    www.yahoo.com
    using edge. Microsoft Edge crashed and when I start it crashes on startup. I see something like a page not found

VictorThomaszy, Jul 28, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Edge Crashing

Edge is still a work in progress, they will add new features and fix bugs even after 10 has been released.

Personally I'm not using Edge until they've released further updates for it.

swarfega, Jul 29, 2015
  5. I suddenly have the same problem for unknown reasons. I have had Windows 10 about a week and all was fine with Microsoft Edge until today. Now, all of a sudden, it crashes immediately upon opening without any error messages. I rebooted a few times and ran Windows Defender. It still crashes immediately upon opening. Can anyone help me here with this ? Thank You.

USSWisconsin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Crashing

1. Edge Crashing - Similar Threads - Edge Crashing

2. Win11: Since updates Explorer.exe keeps crashing when many MS Edge tabs are open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11: Since updates Explorer.exe keeps crashing when many MS Edge tabs are open: After updating to latest Windows Updates, explorer.exe started crashing very often, I realized it happens only when I have many Edge browser tabs open, However this is a new limitation and bug, File Explorer app shouldn't be effected by how many tabs are open in Edge, MS...
  3. Win11: Since updates Explorer.exe keeps crashing when many MS Edge tabs are open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11: Since updates Explorer.exe keeps crashing when many MS Edge tabs are open: After updating to latest Windows Updates, explorer.exe started crashing very often, I realized it happens only when I have many Edge browser tabs open, However this is a new limitation and bug, File Explorer app shouldn't be effected by how many tabs are open in Edge, MS...
  4. Windows Server 2022 KB5034129 crashes Edge, Chrome and Firefox with white screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2022 KB5034129 crashes Edge, Chrome and Firefox with white screen: If Google Chrome or other apps/browsers are crashing after installing the KB5034129 update, you can try removing the .exe file from the registry to fix the broken apps. KB5034129 for Windows Server 2022 is a mandatory Patch Tuesday 2024 update that breaks Microsoft Edge,...
  5. Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...: Hey there,A few nights ago I think my PC attempted and failed an update in the middle of the night. I woke up and saw the brief error message which I clicked out of and didn't notice any immediate issues: until I attempted to access Chrome. After failing a few times I...
  6. Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...: Hey there,A few nights ago I think my PC attempted and failed an update in the middle of the night. I woke up and saw the brief error message which I clicked out of and didn't notice any immediate issues: until I attempted to access Chrome. After failing a few times I...
  7. Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...

8. When restarting windows 10 in safe-mode, edge shows up and windows crashes at start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restarting windows 10 in safe-mode, edge shows up and windows crashes at start-up: I got blue-screen in Windows 10 Enterprise edition, so I go into the safe mode with networking to check for issues. However, the safe mode started up strangely: 1 the desktop icons do not show up, and a Edge window appears, showing Microsoft Q&A section; 2 I close the edge...
  9. When restarting windows 10 in safe-mode, edge shows up and windows crashes at start-up

When restarting windows 10 in safe-mode, edge shows up and windows crashes at start-up: I got blue-screen in Windows 10 Enterprise edition, so I go into the safe mode with networking to check for issues. However, the safe mode started up strangely: 1 the desktop icons do not show up, and a Edge window appears, showing Microsoft Q&A section; 2 I close the edge...
  10. When restarting windows 10 in safe-mode, edge shows up and windows crashes at start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging