Windows 10: Edge: Default Download Location?

Discus and support Edge: Default Download Location? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I change the Default Download Location in Edge? 10084 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nigelmercier, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Edge: Default Download Location?

How do I change the Default Download Location in Edge?

:)

nigelmercier, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

How to override Microsoft Edge as the default PDF viewer? I wish I could uninstall it, but Microsoft apparently has it protected.

That has nothing to do with Edge or Acrobat, but the website in question.

A website can tell a browser that the file the user clicked absolutely must be downloaded. In that case, Edge will download the file and offer "open" and "save" options. This allows you to download the file automatically then open the file your default PDF
    viewer if your default viewer is not Edge.

If a website doesn't tell the browser that the file must be absolutely downloaded, then Edge (and Chrome and Firefox) will just open PDFs as a webpage.

Entegy, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Can I stop MS "Get Edge" when I open Internet Explorer11 - Win10

I have the opposite problem. I took edge off as my default but now I can't access certain sites I need so I went to put edge back as my default but it is not there. I went to Microsoft to download edge but maybe I'm no tech but it puts you on a site for
    insider and I don't see a way to download edge. I followed the instructions but once I got to the insider page and they recommend you don't download that on your computer which had edge, where do I go from there? no options to download edge. help

TammyBoyd1, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Edge: Default Download Location?

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. roban Win User
    The easiest way I've found is to go to your Downloads folder, right click and choose the 'Location' tab. Change the location path to anywhere you want. Done!!

roban, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge: Default Download Location?

1. Edge: Default Download Location? - Similar Threads - Edge Default Download

2. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge will not change the download location.: I have tried everything. Changed the Edge settings. Modified the registry. Changed file explorer. Reset Edge to original settings. Downloads continue to go to file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/MicrosoftEdgeDownloads I have changed this several times. I check the...
  3. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge will not change the download location.: I have tried everything. Changed the Edge settings. Modified the registry. Changed file explorer. Reset Edge to original settings. Downloads continue to go to file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/MicrosoftEdgeDownloads I have changed this several times. I check the...
  4. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Edge Download Bar Location

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Download Bar Location: I recently updated the pc and my browser was also updated along with it. I find it really annoying that every time I download anything the download bar pop ups right in the middle of the webpage. An added click on the page is required to click to get rid of it previously it...
  6. default desktop and downloads location

default desktop and downloads location: I basically fused my default Downloads and desktop folders so now anything that goes to my downloads folder also appears on my desktop and vise versa i accomplished this by, going into the properties of both my download and desktop folders and changing the path on the...
  7. unable to change download location in Edge

unable to change download location in Edge: I discontinued use of One Drive several months ago yet cannot change downloads setting accordingly in the new Edge browser. Do not find settings menu. Also applies to cookies settings...where the heck is the options settings?...
  8. asking download location for each download in edge

in Browsers and Email
    asking download location for each download in edge: I use Microsoft edge for most of my work. I download files many times from the internet we all do. Now the problem is each time I need to save files in different different locations. In my settings inside edge here is how they look [img] screenshot of chrome [img] is...
  9. default download location

in Windows 10 Customization
    default download location: Somehow after downloading a pdf file, when I went to open it, the file is saved on something called "microsoft office click to run integrated office". This is not where I intended it to be, and I have never seen things download to this before. Can someone tell me how to get...
  10. Change default Downloads folder in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change default Downloads folder in Edge: Anyone know how to change the default Downloads folder in Edge in build 10159? I've looked through all the settings, including the Advanced ones, and there's nowhere to change this. 7619